Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Sep 23 2020, 04:13 PM

Default Trains not working

When I go to the wall to work on hire and clients, it makes me go to every single farm as if I don't have two sets of trains with 10 on them, which I do have.
Can someone please help me figure this out.
It worked just fine last night and beyond. Just not working for me today.
Old Sep 23 2020, 04:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenerator View Post
When I go to the wall to work on hire and clients, it makes me go to every single farm as if I don't have two sets of trains with 10 on them, which I do have.
Can someone please help me figure this out.
It worked just fine last night and beyond. Just not working for me today.
Hi jenerator,
Please provide a link to your farms so we can check this. Going to your farm and copying the address does not work as that is a generic link that takes us to our own farms. The automatic linking does not work either so you will have to create one and paste it here in a reply. Please follow the instructions on how to do that are in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645850
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 23 2020, 06:53 PM

Default here's my link

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...629&farm_ix=13

farm 2 and farm 14 have a train with ten attached to each of them.
Old Sep 23 2020, 07:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...629&farm_ix=13

farm 2 and farm 14 have a train with ten attached to each of them.
Hi jenerator,
I have checked your trains on the farm and also checked the data. It seems one or the other is showing a discrepancy. According to your data you unloaded one train with 10 cars today at 3:58 PM (eastern time). Did you redispatch it?

Please note that trains can not be in unloaded status to work for the facility work.

To make sure I have cleared your train data. If you have your farms open you will need to close them and reopen them to make sure the cleaning takes effect.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Sep 23 2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi jenerator,
I have checked your trains on the farm and also checked the data. It seems one or the other is showing a discrepancy. According to your data you unloaded one train with 10 cars today at 3:58 PM (eastern time). Did you redispatch it?

Please note that trains can not be in unloaded status to work for the facility work.

To make sure I have cleared your train data. If you have your farms open you will need to close them and reopen them to make sure the cleaning takes effect.
Yes, I unloaded it and dispatched it before working the wall today when I saw this issue. Should I try to work the wall again to see if it works now?
Old Sep 23 2020, 07:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Yes, I unloaded it and dispatched it before working the wall today when I saw this issue. Should I try to work the wall again to see if it works now?
Hi jenerator,
You might want to also try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try working wall posts again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Old Sep 23 2020, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi jenerator,
You might want to also try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it. Then reopen and try working wall posts again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached
Yes! That worked. Thank you so much for your help.
Old Sep 25 2020, 06:08 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Boosting before working someone's post

Hi, I made a shortcut for the Trains, but any time I go to a neighbors/friends posts to work it, if I boost a train Before I work the post, the box that comes up for You to begin working the post goes away, and I have to reload the tab, this also happens if I go through the Toolbox way to boost one.
Old Sep 25 2020, 07:13 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1971 View Post
Hi, I made a shortcut for the Trains, but any time I go to a neighbors/friends posts to work it, if I boost a train Before I work the post, the box that comes up for You to begin working the post goes away, and I have to reload the tab, this also happens if I go through the Toolbox way to boost one.
Hi Dana,

You may have clicked on the train manager before the game had finished uploading the work available that cancelled the message. However even when it doesn't cancel the message, if you don't start the work first it does stop the mayor working the facs when you have the trains, so you would have to refresh the farm you were on to get the work message up again.

Ideally you need to start the work first as that's what you went to the farm to do, but you may find that you would have to wait for the work to be done before the train manager will load if you were to click on it while the mayor was working the facs. Being able to boost trains while you are on their farms is just a convenience so you don't have to go back to your own farms to do them.

If you would like to suggest a change for this then please post your request in the Suggestions area of the forum for the developers to see.
Old Sep 26 2020, 07:29 AM

yes all my train requests say expired to even though some have just come through.

Tags
boost reward, boost train, can't boost train, can't dispatch train, connecting train cars, dispatch train, locomotive, long cars, missing train, train, trains and fac work, trains not working, unload train