Old Apr 27 2016, 11:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisluvsanimals View Post
The devs need to assign another facility instead of the Standard Engine....the contest is only supposed to have 2 Farm Cash facilities per week and 2 coin ones, and while the Standard engine is a coin purchase, without having any long cars on it (which are ONLY Farm Cash) it's totally useless
and once a train is dispatched, you cannot refill it until it returns home!! and you can't send work requests to all your neighbors.. I think they messed up with this one! ROFL

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 27 2016, 11:41 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
and once a train is dispatched, you cannot refill it until it returns home!! and you can't send work requests to all your neighbors.. I think they messed up with this one! ROFL
Yup. And you can only speed it up a maximum of one day no matter how much you try to boost it, so between that and the fact that you need FC cars attached to it for it to be of any value (presumably the more FC cars the better value it would be), it's really quite inappropriate for the contest.
Visit 's Farm

Old Apr 27 2016, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Another good point! Even if we could send it out immediately, it can't be re-dispatched for at least 6 days so we get to send it once and that's it?

How can this be fair when everything we've been told so far is that "to make more points, work/reload your facilities as often as possible"?
Old Apr 27 2016, 11:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
This week's Neighborhood Chains Contest includes a standard freight locomotive. That is not a facility!
Quote:
so how is this weeks contest going to work??? Standard Freight Locomotive???? Please Explain.. I am not even going to attempt any thing this week till we know for sure what is going on with this..
Quote:
The devs need to assign another facility instead of the Standard Engine....the contest is only supposed to have 2 Farm Cash facilities per week and 2 coin ones, and while the Standard engine is a coin purchase, without having any long cars on it (which are ONLY Farm Cash) it's totally useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichHotRod View Post
I was thinking the same thing as chrisluvanimals. A lot of us players are on fixed incomes and simply cannot afford to buy all the Long freight cars. I like the 2 FarmCash and 2 coins on the contest, but the Standard Freight Engine that requires you to by long Freight Cars with Farm Cash and not coins puts us at a disadvantage, which is not fair, in my opinion. the Standard Freight Engine is sold in the Trains Section of the Store, and not in the Facilities section. Hope it just a bug
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
Yup. And you can only speed it up a maximum of one day no matter how much you try to boost it, so between that and the fact that you need FC cars attached to it for it to be of any value (presumably the more FC cars the better value it would be), it's really quite inappropriate for the contest.
Quote:
Another good point! Even if we could send it out immediately, it can't be re-dispatched for at least 6 days so we get to send it once and that's it?

How can this be fair when everything we've been told so far is that "to make more points, work/reload your facilities as often as possible"?
Hi All,
How about we wait and see what the developers say. I have sent an email to them to find out how this is supposed to work with the standard freight engine. I would not suggest buying anything until we can find out.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 28 2016, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi All,
How about we wait and see what the developers say. I have sent an email to them to find out how this is supposed to work with the standard freight engine. I would not suggest buying anything until we can find out.
Thanks Taz!!! We know you're in the same boat as the rest of us!!

Last edited by chrisluvsanimals; Apr 28 2016 at 12:14 AM.
Old Apr 28 2016, 12:06 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Thanks Taz!!! We know you're in the same boat as the rest of us!!
LOL I see others are wondering.I sure don't plan on getting the standard one and having to put boxcars behind it. Will wait and see what the devs say.
Old Apr 28 2016, 01:37 AM

Thanks Taz! It's been changed to a different facility now...the Sandwich Restaurant instead of the Standard Train Engine
Old Apr 28 2016, 06:36 AM

Hi all

From Raul's notes for the New Release

Post-Release Updates - April 28th, 2:15AM

- The next Neighborhood Chains Contest incorrectly selected a locomotive as one of the facilities, this was a bug and should not be happening anymore.

The locomotive was replaced by the Sandwich Restaurant.

To fix the problem for the users that already got the locomotive, reload the game and re-open the Neighborhood Chains Contest screen, then click on the Sandwich Restaurant 'Work' button. You may have to repeat these steps a couple of times, please report here if it doesn't get fixed.

Last edited by marymarcel; Apr 28 2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old Apr 28 2016, 06:58 AM

Level:
XP:

Thank you. I did need to restart the game twice, the first time it said I didn't have a Sandwich Restaurant but the second time it was fine. Glad you mentioned that.
Visit 's Farm

Old Apr 28 2016, 02:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Raul has posted an update:

Post-Release Updates - April 28th, 2:00PM

- BugFix: When fishing, if the water items had parts outside the farm and you clicked on those parts, the game was getting slower and slower as you continue fishing, possible crashing at some point.

- BugFix: When fishing, if the water items had parts outside the farm and you clicked on those parts with the Turbo Boat nothing happened. From now on, if you are fishing with the Turbo Boat you will be able to fish the whole water item even if you click on a part that is outside your farm.

- BugFix: The Farm Selector Manager was not showing all the farms for some users.

Neighborhood Chains Contest Improvements:

- You can now Sort by Score, Facility Count and Name
- You can now send offline messages to your neighbours from the 'My Neighborhood Chains' tab
- More detailed help from the Mayor including examples, when you click the 'Add More Facilities?' button.
- There are '?' signs on the top of the left column providing additional help about the content of the current screen
- There is a 'Missing Facilities?' button that will tell you if some of your Coins facilities are not participating in the contest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread