Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 26 2017, 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by macwinter View Post
Hello,
I am trying to place decorations, paths, fences and flowers on my 8th farm, currently my default farm. I buy and place where it is green and it places the item and then after it loads it disappears. I don't overlap because I don't have the tools. The only ones that I place over others are the water lily and lotus. If you look at my farm I am trying to place flowers between the water and the land path. I sold a hedge to place more land path and when I cleared my cache the hedge that I sold was back and the paths had disappeared.
I see a row of Crown of Thorns is that what you were placing?
Which cache did you clear? You probably need to clear both the memcache and your browser cache. The browser cache is the one that has all the graphics. After you have cleared the caches your farm will load slower the first time as all the graphics have to be downloaded again.
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close that as it is done.
If your farm is open close it.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

Clearing browser cache instructions are here:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 26 2017, 03:56 PM

Thank you, after I cleared my browser cache all seems to be working again. I was clearing my memcache and things were disappearing. I had placed a row of tulips and roses between the fence and crown of thorns. I just placed them back. I am hoping they stay. Thanks again for your time.
Old Mar 26 2017, 03:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thank you, after I cleared my browser cache all seems to be working again. I was clearing my memcache and things were disappearing. I had placed a row of tulips and roses between the fence and crown of thorns. I just placed them back. I am hoping they stay. Thanks again for your time.
Hi macwinter,
The browser cache is where all the graphics are, so when things disappear that is the one you need to clear.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 26 2017, 04:09 PM

Nope I was wrong, things are still disappearing. I was trying to place a white fence next to the path and it disappeared as soon as it loaded. It went from zero percent to gone. I am at a loss now.
Old Mar 26 2017, 04:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Nope I was wrong, things are still disappearing. I was trying to place a white fence next to the path and it disappeared as soon as it loaded. It went from zero percent to gone. I am at a loss now.
Hi macwinter,
Move the path and see if it is under it. You may be trying to place too close.
Old Mar 26 2017, 04:16 PM

As soon as my wheat is ready for harvest I will do that. I will remove everything and see if something is hiding under the cover. I will keep you informed, right now I am just frustrated. Thanks again.

Tags
arrange, color, delete, display, display issues, dormant farms, empty market, expand screen, extended tool bar, eye, face book, farm name change, farm order, farm stats, farm stats window, farm town wall requests, farms, fish, flash, flash player issues, flash plug-in, green screen, hiring issues, lakes, magnified farm area, magnify, market, memcache, move farm, music, organize, photos, plug-in, ponds, quest farms, questions, quests, re start game?, reset tools defaults, screen size, screen view, shockwave flash, sound, support, support needed, togle for sound, tools not showing, trees, vacation