Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Apr 24 2012, 06:12 PM

I didn't even know the steps to the quest went to the double digets..lol. I have never seen one either, and I play them all the time.!!!!!!!
Old Apr 24 2012, 07:37 PM

"Perhaps, when we are mousing over the steps in a quest, it could tell us exactly which facilities we need to complete said quest. I am kinda bummed, as I actually took the time to read the Game Guide, and it said Beauty Salon for the Eau de Toilette. "

When I have to use a facility I always move cursor over the order and the facility picture appears along with the name. Isn't that true for everyone?
Old Apr 24 2012, 10:35 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammy Snowbird View Post
"Perhaps, when we are mousing over the steps in a quest, it could tell us exactly which facilities we need to complete said quest. I am kinda bummed, as I actually took the time to read the Game Guide, and it said Beauty Salon for the Eau de Toilette. "

When I have to use a facility I always move cursor over the order and the facility picture appears along with the name. Isn't that true for everyone?
Yeah it does, but only if you have completed all the prior steps. If I have not completed all prior steps, it won't tell me which facility is needed. It just says to "complete steps highlighted in green first" But a prior poster told how to get around that...
Old Apr 24 2012, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Star View Post
I understand that the quests are random, but I am wondering why my neighbors get so many 10, 11, 12 and 13 step quests, while I am lucky to get 6 or 8 steps once in a while. I have been keeping a list since the beginning and so am not mistaken. I have bought most of the facilities, farm cash as well as coins, so have only had two quests that I could not complete due to lack of facilities. In the last 25 quests I have gotten:
5 2-step,
4 3-step,
5 4-step,
3 5-step,
5 6-step,
1 7-step,
2 8-step. I have not had any 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, or 14 steps. In fact I have not had anything above 8 in the last 38 quests... My neighbors continue to get higher numbers of steps and have been getting the 11, 12 etc. and very few 2, 3, or 4 step quests. Is this just bad luck, or is there something I can do to increase my odds of getting the higher number of steps? I have always finished the quests well before the deadline. Thank you for you attention to my issue. I started the quests about 3 days after they were available and have only missed 3 or 4 days when I did not have internet access. Thanks again.
I'm know that the quests are totally random ...... but I'm also quite sure that a little gremlin who lives on my farm knows exactly when I have plenty of time to play FarmTown and when I am so busy with real world stuff that I have little play time left.

It is then that he chooses my quests and gives me a tiny 2 or 3 step quest when I have plenty of time to do the quest ..... and a 12 step quest when I'm so busy that I would kill for a small one

.... and that's just the way it works

Old Apr 24 2012, 11:26 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

OH my! I have played the quest since Feb 1- and have made millions, and millions and I spend them coins too. Its been lots of fun-but it does take factories and some we do not own, but we just let those quest slid by. So far only three I've not played. Today finished 4- quest and have 3- by morning to do/ They make more coins than working all the time for others.
Old Apr 25 2012, 10:12 AM
Green Genius ( Level 32 )

Farmer Since: Jun 14 2009
Level:
Trophies: 11
XP:

I stopped playing the game before Quests were released. Clearly sometime in early 2009 or probably even way before is when I stopped.

Anyway, I'm level 28 and an old account. How do you initiate a Quest?

Visit Area 51

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 25 2012, 11:05 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghandi View Post
I stopped playing the game before Quests were released. Clearly sometime in early 2009 or probably even way before is when I stopped.

Anyway, I'm level 28 and an old account. How do you initiate a Quest?
Hi there,

Welcome back

You do need to be level 30 before you can start them, but when you do get there........

Click on the yellow toolbox, then the green arrow to expand the toolbox. Look for an icon that' looks like a dice. Click on that and then the "Accept quest" button.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 25 2012 at 11:11 AM.
Old Apr 25 2012, 11:34 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi there,

Welcome back

You do need to be level 30 before you can start them, but when you do get there........

Click on the yellow toolbox, then the green arrow to expand the toolbox. Look for an icon that' looks like a dice. Click on that and then the "Accept quest" button.
Thanks

And I can say "Back in my day farming was hard work! We didn't have machines, or tools, just other people to harvest for you!"

Visit Area 51

Old Apr 25 2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghandi View Post
Thanks

And I can say "Back in my day farming was hard work! We didn't have machines, or tools, just other people to harvest for you!"
LOL, the tools make it much more simple, but have you figured out yet that there are now FOURTEEN farms

Old Apr 25 2012, 04:52 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
LOL, the tools make it much more simple, but have you figured out yet that there are now FOURTEEN farms
It took me awhile, but I did figure it out. I still only have 1 farm.

When I stopped playing the game(forgot why after all this time) I had 1 million+ coins. At the time, I thought that was a lot. Quests weren't here, no vehicles. You could harvest crops and trees and that was it. Sounds like a "When I was your age..." speech

Anyway, while having no vehicles I think I was grandfathered in some advantages. I can plow up to 3x3 and I said, I have no vehicles. I don't know if this is normal as I've known nothing else. I never harvest myself and go to the Market to do it so I don't know if I can do more than 1 plot at a time yet.

Apparently you can make a lot of money on Quests and I want another farm and to expand so I'm trying to get to level 30 to start them up.

Visit Area 51