Go Back   Farm Town > New Forum Users > Game Guide

Closed Thread

Old Aug 30 2009, 10:41 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Heddryin Send a message via AIM to Heddryin Send a message via MSN to Heddryin
Default Chapter 11 - Flowers

Should you need to get back to this post to look for other information:
Each post has a Table of Contents link bottom right of the post, which when you click, will bring you right back here.

Last edited by Tiger; Jul 24 2023 at 01:02 PM.
Old Feb 21 2010, 06:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Heddryin Send a message via AIM to Heddryin Send a message via MSN to Heddryin
Default How do I water my flowers?

Q: How do I water my flowers?

A: You water your flowers with the blue watering can!

Click on the yellow toolbox which is at the bottom right of your game screen, to open it, and look for the blue watering can.

When you click on the watering can, a green square appears when you hover over the flowers. When you click to water them, the watered flowers will temporarily disappear so you can easily see which ones are not watered. When you click the green man to stop using the tool the flowers will reappear.
If the square is red there are no flowers to water in that area.

It costs 1 coin per flower you water on your own farm. If you go to a neighbours farm and water their flowers with the watering can you will earn 1 coin per flower watered.

To water Flowers faster, you can purchase the Brown Mobile Sprinkler.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 05 2023 at 02:25 PM.
Old Feb 21 2010, 06:03 AM

Default Do the flowers die if we do not water them?

Yes and no ...

The flowers die after three days without a water (remember: a "day" on FarmTown only lasts 20 hours!).

But they bloom again in the second when you water them again!

Last edited by Telegraphs; Apr 03 2010 at 07:31 AM.
Old Feb 21 2010, 06:05 AM

Default How long does it take for a flower to become ... a flower?

Flowers grow in 4 Farm Town days. A Farm Town day is 20 hours long so flowers will become ready in 80 hours which is 3days and 8 hours for them to reach their maximum size and bloom.

Last edited by Tiger; Sep 03 2016 at 12:29 PM.
Old Feb 21 2010, 06:07 AM

Default Will I earn points XP for watering the flowers?

Will I earn points XP for watering the flowers?

When using the watering can you do not get any XP for watering the flowers.

When you own and use the Brown Mobile Sprinkler you will earn 3XP per farm, if you water each farm individually.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 05 2023 at 02:26 PM.
Old Feb 21 2010, 06:09 AM

Default Why is it that I do not see the flowers on my farm?

First make sure the option "Show flowers" is enabled.
This is your preferences icon which you will find top right of your game screen. Click on it and it will open to a window where you can change your game settings.

Add a check mark for "Show Flowers" and click the green check mark to save.

If you have individually hidden some flowers either using the Hide Tool or by clicking on the flower and choosing "Hide" from the menu....
If you only have one farm, you need to click on "Play" to reload your game and the hidden flowers will show back up.

If you have 2 farms or or more you can refresh your farm instead of clicking on "Play" to reload the whole game. You will see a green grid top left of your game screen titled "SHOW NAMES". Underneath that each of the rectangles represents one of your farms. The one that is coloured yellow represents the farm you are currently on, click on it and it will reload that farm. If you find the rectangle too small, hover over that grid and it will expand so you can see it easier and have a bigger rectangle to click on. Or you can click on "SHOW NAMES" and it will show you a big window listing all your farms. Just click on the name of the farm you want to refresh or go to.

Old Feb 21 2010, 06:13 AM

Default I have a message that says "The flowers can be watered only once a day"?

Your neighbors, hired workers or even strangers that visit your farm can water your flowers and gain coins for watering them.

This process works on a first come, first served basis. Once someone has watered your flowers for that day, you can not water until the next day.

You can water a flower if the water gauge (drops) contains at least two empty drops.

When you click on the watering can, a green square appears when you hover over the flowers. When you click to water them, the watered flowers will temporarily disappear so you can easily see which ones are not watered. When you click the green man to stop using the tool the flowers will reappear.
If the square is red there are no flowers to water in that area.

To water all flowers on a farm with one click you can buy the brown mobile sprinkler which allows you to do that. If you place the tool into storage you can also use it to water your neighbours flowers or even a strangers flowers as you will be able to access it from the Yellow Toolbox. Here's the link to find out about the mobile sprinklers....
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showth...90#post5153290

Old Mar 04 2010, 10:30 AM

Default How much does it cost me to water my flowers?

Flowers will cost you 1c per flower that you water. If your neighbour waters your plants, they will gain 1c per flower watered. If a neighbour does it for you it doesn't cost you any money, the mayor will award them the coins. This is a free way to keep your flowers alive and in bloom!

Last edited by Telegraphs; Apr 03 2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old Mar 04 2010, 10:33 AM

Default Can I harvest the flowers?

Yes , the flowers can be harvested.

This is the harvest tool, click on it then click on the flower to harvest it. Your flowers will be sent to your Harvest & Products Storage where you can either go to market to sell them or if they are ones that have a use, you can keep them and use them to make something in a facility to make more coins.

A faster way to harvest flowers is to buy a flower harvester. These are explained in the following link...
https://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showth...42#post5153542

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 05 2023 at 02:27 PM.
Old Mar 04 2010, 10:35 AM

Default Can I water flowers for a "buddy" on my Buddy List?

Yes you can. In fact you can water anyone's flowers. You can click on their avatar and select "Visit xxx's farm" to get to their farm.

To get to a buddys farm. Click on the yellow tool box then click on the Buddy icon.

Then click on the green man next to thier avatar name which will take you to their farm.

Last edited by Tiger; Oct 05 2023 at 02:27 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
flowers, harvesting flowers, used flowers