Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 10:22 AM

There were a couple things I liked about the Dec 22nd update. It's alright with me if you change it back, though I would've liked more time to try it out. What I've noticed during my brief experience with it was that plowing this way is in fact slower. I always work in straight lines, but I used to be able to click two rows in the time it now takes to do one. However, harvesting in this way seems very speedy if you again work in straight lines and are working alone. It is slower than the previous way when working with other farmers. Finally, let me say that I would not like a limit on how many workers can be hired. Such a change would take versatility out of the game, which is part of what makes Farm Town stand apart. A month ago I was losing xp whenever I was hired, but in the last few weeks this has been corrected and I haven't noticed any lost xp or coins from the queuing process. Thanks for listening to feedback

Serenity Falls

Last edited by CAY; Dec 23 2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:22 AM

I like the new version better. You just to "save" your work.
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
A word of caution here.... they did not say that they WERE going to change it back, they said "most likely we will be reverting to the old version" and since making that announcement many more have expressed the desire to leave it the way it is, so we are not sure what will happen at this point.
i'm sorry wild, but i have to disagree with you on this. as stated when you go to the game

Quote:
Hello Farmers! In order to minimize lost XP/coins we did some changes to the way the game works when you are hired, but we are restoring the old version sometime today due to popular demand. Thanks.
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:24 AM

I have no real problems with the new way and didn't find it particularly slow

Lara's Farm
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:25 AM

Just adding my little opinion here. I dont have a problem with the new updates, and i had no problems before the updates. Whichever version becomes the final outcome is fine with me. However, please please please, DO NOT limit the amount of players one can hire to work a farm. That would drasticly change the dynamics of the game. The social aspect is what makes it fun to play, and what distinguishes it from other games.
I fully trust the developers to make wise choices over the next couple of days

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1838720510
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:26 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Umm when you first start the game you do get this message:

Hello Farmers! In order to minimize lost XP/coins we did some changes to the way the game works when you are hired, but we are restoring the old version sometime today due to popular demand. Thanks.

so yes they said they are reverting back to the old way........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild View Post
A word of caution here.... they did not say that they WERE going to change it back, they said "most likely we will be reverting to the old version" and since making that announcement many more have expressed the desire to leave it the way it is, so we are not sure what will happen at this point.

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:29 AM

I like the update released 12/22/09. It took only a few minutes to realize my avatar will go to each square as I click it. If you plow and harvest there is no problem if you don't jump all over the place. It does stop other farmers from jumping from one corner to another and down the middle trying to claim the entire field. Why not let the update stand for a few weeks so members can adjust? Unfortunately the ones who are happy with the update often fail to reply and only the whiners are heard. If you lose members of FarmTown please realize no one is paying and it makes more room on the server for the players willing to adjust to changes.
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:31 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default there needs to be a change

there needs to be a change from the old way that is true, however this change is not the answer either. i am a fast worker and work in a consistant pattern, the server time out is a big problem and when you work fast after a bit the counters stop counting so you have to slow down for it to catch up again. but this new idea in its present for is not viable either. when moving from the start to an area of the field to begin your work it takes forever for the avatar to get there and you can't go more than one click until it does. same problem when you finish one patch and go to another way too slow getting there...... the enlarged icons are aggravating especially since your avatar goes with the clicks now. the good thing about this new way is that these people that like to come in and just randomly start clicking away (and i think they do this to make others mad) to refine their technique. as far as a limit on hiring i think some limit is needed. what that limit is i am not sure. 3 to harvest and 2 to plow max ? i have worked farms where i have actually counted 25 workers...... that is rediculous it loads up the servers and i find that that is when i lose xp or coin or freeze up.... changes need to be made and this try is not the right answer

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:31 AM

One of the (many) ways, Farmtown is better than 'Ville - WAS game speed.

Please don't limit to being able to hire only one person per harvest/plow. maybe 2/each... 3 at a max. For people with large farms, only being able to have 1 person harvest will be a huge time constraint....
Old Dec 23 2009, 10:32 AM
Account Not Linked

I didn't like the new way to harvest and plow until I used it a little. Now, I love it. PLEASE DON'T GO BACK TO THE OLD WAY. THIS ALLOWS EVERYONE THE SAME OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE COINS AND POINTS. NOT JUST THE FAST ONES. ONCE YOU LEARN THE TECHNIQUE IT WORKS GREAT.
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR PLANNING AND HELPING MAKE THE GAME BETTER!!!
Closed Thread