Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Nov 05 2009, 12:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrc59 View Post
Sorry, Farmer Tom, I'm with Nina. I have no idea what you mean about a separate list. I'm not going to create a bunch of FB pages or accounts just because of FT. My point is, we shouldn't have to add people to our FB page just to have them as neighbors on FT. PERIOD!
So just use your buddy list. It seems to me that it accomodates exactly what you want.
Old Nov 05 2009, 01:08 PM

Except people on your buddies list aren't counted as neighbors which IMO is stupid.
Old Nov 08 2009, 10:58 AM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Apr 04 2009
Level:
Trophies: 12
XP:

I'm so totally fed up that I think that I'm just gonna quit. I've been asking for and I have patiently waited for storage and then when it finally comes, it's with restrictions...more neighbors....that is just so wrong on so many levels! I'm at level 34 and I have plenty of neighbors but I also have alot of stuff. So this means that if I am going to buy any more items for my farm that are seasonal, in order to store them for later use, or in order to store anything, I've got to find new neighbors for each 1-2 items? NO! That's it. I'm done. I've been an advocate of this game since it's inception and have written plenty of times to support the developers when others would criticize, but this is just too much.

Visit Bushy Acres

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 08 2009, 01:20 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Unhappy This is a free game and yet so many people complain

To the above poster and many other complainers.

It's so funny how so many people get so upset over a game which is essentially free (does not require you to purchase anything to play it - there is an option to purchase additional items but is not a requirement). You "earn" "coins" which allow you to "buy" "items." If you have to delete something once in a while, then just get another one later with the new coins you've earned from the imaginary crop harvest.

The "real world" has limits, restrictions, requirements, rules, laws - and so do most games. We learn to deal with them as best we can. Having a temper tantrum rarely helps anything.

Life is too short. Be thankful for what you have. Take a deep breath. Sit back and relax and enjoy this simple time waster for what it is. A GAME.

Visit 's Farm

Old Nov 08 2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanbini View Post
To the above poster and many other complainers.

It's so funny how so many people get so upset over a game which is essentially free (does not require you to purchase anything to play it - there is an option to purchase additional items but is not a requirement). You "earn" "coins" which allow you to "buy" "items." If you have to delete something once in a while, then just get another one later with the new coins you've earned from the imaginary crop harvest.

The "real world" has limits, restrictions, requirements, rules, laws - and so do most games. We learn to deal with them as best we can. Having a temper tantrum rarely helps anything.

Life is too short. Be thankful for what you have. Take a deep breath. Sit back and relax and enjoy this simple time waster for what it is. A GAME.
Well-said!

Little Wing

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1640090895
Old Nov 08 2009, 05:11 PM

I was going to say the same thing. It is a game. It is fun. You probably have enough money to buy things the next time around or people will give them to you. I have more Thanksgiving banners than I know what to do with, but such is life.
I think the whole thing is great. I started a second farm since I need land at the first one, and the second one is fun too.
All in all, I'm way too addicted to FarmTown
Old Nov 08 2009, 05:16 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Hot Kettle Alice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
......... I am starting to think FB requires a portion of the game features be based on this since they are a social network. I also suspect some of the advertisers may require it in hopes it increases the number of players to see the ads.
EXACTLY my thoughts! Farmtown is a free game to play, Facebook is free (so far anyway) revenues have to come from somewhere to cover the costs of development etc.
Old Nov 08 2009, 05:34 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

For all of you who don't "Know what they mean about creating a seperate list" I will break it down for you. I know how you feel. I have kids so don't really like adding people I don't know just for a game, but fortunately they have this simple little thing you can do. go to your friends list and you will see "add to list" next to their name. You can create a list call it "apps" or "farmtown" or whatever you want. then go to your account settings where you can CHOOSE which lists you do NOT want to be able to see certain information. you can go as far to say you don't want them to view basic info even. as well as not seeing your wall posts or pictures... Happy Farming!

Visit 's Farm

Old Nov 08 2009, 08:23 PM
Green Wizard ( Level 34 )

Farmer Since: Mar 03 2009
Level:
Trophies: 14
XP:
Default Help!!

Since the storage was added I can't access my storgae for anything I have a tonn of stuff waititng to be sold but I can't get in. Is this a normal glitch or just special for me?

Visit Farmers Anonymous

Old Nov 09 2009, 05:16 PM
Account Not Linked

I don't see a STORAGE icon!? Where is it??
Closed Thread