Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 25 2016, 09:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
have found that the container bringing the biggest number of products back is the Ore, Rocks and Minerals. Mine has 23,183 at the moment and if it manages to get to Port 30, will have 33,114. It has 4 days to go.
Hi Ausie Rae,
The quarry car for the train also carries the most since the addition of the limestone rock and the aluminum ore.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:12 PM

Watching all my ships sit in someones port is not making this game more fun.

The notes say that they are looking at ways to make the list with people more familiar, but I doubt I have 30 neighbors I would feel comfortable sending nagging notes to every time a ship hits their port for more than a few hours.
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:17 PM
Account Not Linked

After messing with the ships for a few days, I have the following observations:

1. They are fussy to highlight. I often have to move the cursor, click on something else, and then bring it back to the ship several times.

2. One neighbor who is out of town can really mess things up. In fact, if someone was on vacation for 7 days or more, potentially a ship could come back with nothing. I suggest a time limit for a given neighbor to act, something like 12 hours. If they dont act within that time, the ship should automatically go to the next neighbor.

3. Add the ability to check on your own ships in the Seaport Manager. It is really annoying to keep having to visit the different farms where the ships are to check on progress.
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:30 PM

PawPaw99

Not sure what is going on with your neighbor, but I have one that if you look in the neighbors list {where to choose to add neighbor or remove them}she comes up as all 0s. But if I look on the neighbors bar in farm town game she is at level 800 and has crops planted and sent my ship on after it sat there a long time. Must be some kind of glitch in farm town its self.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old McMark View Post
After messing with the ships for a few days, I have the following observations:

1. They are fussy to highlight. I often have to move the cursor, click on something else, and then bring it back to the ship several times.
I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this issue. I thought maybe I was imagining it but I'm not. Some ships have been almost impossible to highlight. A couple of times on the yellow one, I actually had to leave the farm and come back and try again - even then, trying several times before I find the sweet spot. With Puffin, the yellow one was almost impossible. Others, I can highlight instantly. I haven't been able to identify the issue. For example, I'm really not sure if the yellow one is harder than the pink or brown ones or whether there's something else causing it. But it's a definite issue.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:38 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Ausie Rae,
The quarry car for the train also carries the most since the addition of the limestone rock and the aluminum ore.
thanks Taz, that reminds me I must go unload the trains, have 6 with all carriages available attached and I always forget about them!! ps. I don't have any shortage of any of the products but thought it would help some others decide which containers to fill.. or not... lol

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 25 2016, 09:54 PM

Default Opt Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by village idiot View Post
Here are a couple of solutions to several problems that exist in the cargo ship portion of the game... 1. on screen notification (live) to tell farmers that a ship is in port. similar to the blue dot for the Co-op Quests. 2. An opt out/in feature in the tools drop down similar to the Funeral Supply / Home Facilities. This would have to default as Out to be fair to farmers sending out ships so the ships will only stop at a farm of someone that wants to play this portion of the game. Happy Holidays to all.
I think your second idea is great!!! I sent a message asking a neighbor to move mine along and she said she didn't want to be involved with the ships. So my ship has been sitting in her port for almost two days. Thanks for the suggestion, and I hope the developers use it!!!!!
Old Dec 25 2016, 10:39 PM

Default Cargo Ships

Many of us go away and cannot access farmtown...so what do we do..there should be a limit on how long our ships can sit in a port without it automatically being moved along..this is a holiday week and alot of peeps are away or just plain busy..of have a life other than farmtown.....but with that said thanks for all you do for us players..love the game
Old Dec 25 2016, 10:58 PM

I agree with the majority, we need to have some kind of notice that ships are in our 'port' so we can dispatch them. Why not do it the same way you do trains?? or as someone else said, coded dots somewhere (EASY to notice).

My poor neighbors kept asking me to dispatch theirs and I couldn't figure out how. Now I know, but I feel it not time effective to have to check every time I log in, there are so many other things I need to address when I log on.
Old Dec 25 2016, 11:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik Merlin View Post
I agree with the majority, we need to have some kind of notice that ships are in our 'port' so we can dispatch them. Why not do it the same way you do trains?? or as someone else said, coded dots somewhere (EASY to notice).

My poor neighbors kept asking me to dispatch theirs and I couldn't figure out how. Now I know, but I feel it not time effective to have to check every time I log in, there are so many other things I need to address when I log on.
Hi Majik Merlin,
If you look at your toolbox icon when you open your farms, if there is a ship in your seaport then you will see a red circle with a number in it (the number is how many).
With the trains you have to open the My Requests to see that trains are there for you to boost.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread