Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 04 2016, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckerider View Post
I agree with this completely. We spend enough time doing Farmtown and I don't want to HAVE to do anything that I feel is a waste of my time. I will wait until the "Ships" come to see how much work is involved. I do know that I have stopped contributing to the Neighborhood Chains contest simply because my group has only managed a 9 at best. Just not worth the effort! I have also played since 2009 but I have my limits as to what I am willing to do/buy in order to keep up with the game. Sounds like the 'SHIP THING" is not one of them so far.
I am of the same mind. I left that "other" farm game because in order to build or add anything, you had to annoy your neighbors to death. This feels like the same thing. I don't think I want to nag my FT friends or get bugged by them either... 50 of them ??? wow. I'll will wait and see how obnoxious it gets.
Old Dec 05 2016, 07:57 AM

Is there a reason we don't get notified when there are no update notices? Or will it always be on the first?
Old Dec 05 2016, 08:33 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyq2 View Post
Is there a reason we don't get notified when there are no update notices? Or will it always be on the first?
Hi nancyq2,

The only game notification you get when there is a new release is a link above your game screen which, when you click on it, will bring you to the forum so you can read it. Releases are roughly once a month, they can be on different dates so no, not always on the 1st of the month.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 05 2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Laybourne View Post
Hi nancyq2,

The only game notification you get when there is a new release is a link above your game screen which, when you click on it, will bring you to the forum so you can read it. Releases are roughly once a month, they can be on different dates so no, not always on the 1st of the month.
Am I the only one that didn't get a notice this month or do I have others in my group of only finding out by exploring?
Old Dec 05 2016, 06:54 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PawPaw99 View Post
Am I the only one that didn't get a notice this month or do I have others in my group of only finding out by exploring?
Hi PawPaw99,

Everyone should have got a notice above their game screen. I'm sorry there is no way for us to be able to check on this.

The best thing to do is keep an eye on the News and Announcements section for any updates.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Dec 05 2016, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Hi PawPaw99,

Everyone should have got a notice above their game screen. I'm sorry there is no way for us to be able to check on this.

The best thing to do is keep an eye on the News and Announcements section for any updates.
I did not see a notice this month, either... No matter, though, I was watching for the update, and missed it by less than an hour!
Old Dec 05 2016, 10:51 PM

Thanks for the response. I need to report then, I have not received the notice that a new update had been released for at least 3 months. I have heard from a teammate that she is having the same problem.
Old Dec 06 2016, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandraneta View Post
Raul, A thousand thanks for the Jamaican restaurant, and all of the other goodies. You and your team continue to introduce remarkably creative elements to the game. It keeps the players intrigued. I have played for over 8 years and still look forward to the monthly updates. As a native Jamaican, I still look forward to a Jamaican flag in the flag shop. Because of the introduction of the Jamaican Resturant, hope springs eternal for the Jamaican flag. Again, thanks for everything.
Thanks, Sanraneta, for reminding me. Even though I am a United States citizen from birth, I am mostly Scottish. I'm overdue to check to see if they've added a Scots flag!

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 07 2016, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Hi PawPaw99,

I have not gotten the notice the last couple months either. But when the time is coming for an update soon, I check my list of facilities for unowned items and the announcements in this forum.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Dec 07 2016, 02:10 PM

No answer since I posted this question. I'm still wondering if there is a way to opt out so your neighbors don't waste their time sending the ship to us. AND, what will be done if you don't have 50 active neighbors? Too many unanswered questions.
Closed Thread