Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Nov 04 2017, 07:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Woods View Post
I keep getting people(Farmers) that do not do the ships and try to select someone else and still can't get farmers that do the ships and are not even on FB. I have farmers that come thru my port that never get assigned to me. I am thinking about just quit trying.
Hi Momma Woods,
I moved your post to the General Feedback thread about the cargo ships as you don't seem to be asking a question or a problem that we can help with.
We all have neighbors that don't do ships. You just have to keep trying until you can get 30 that will do them.
For those whose ships are coming through your port they have you as a neighbor even if you don't have them as neighbors. If you want to get those to be your neighbors and load your ships you will need to send them a neighbor request. Once they accept then you can assign them as a port for your ships.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 05 2017, 06:11 AM

These ships are getting annoying.
5 more players have shut their ports overnight.
That now makes 8 in the last week alone.

Either switch the option box to activate ships (not deactivate ships) of give us the option to change more players.
Better still let us have a selection box where we can tick the player we know that will send on ship.

I've asked for these options many times in many different areas in this forum, and nothing ever happens.
And the posts I put in the supposed correct section keeps being deleted.
Old Nov 05 2017, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo1960 View Post
These ships are getting annoying.
5 more players have shut their ports overnight.
That now makes 8 in the last week alone.

Either switch the option box to activate ships (not deactivate ships) of give us the option to change more players.
Better still let us have a selection box where we can tick the player we know that will send on ship.

I've asked for these options many times in many different areas in this forum, and nothing ever happens.
And the posts I put in the supposed correct section keeps being deleted.
Hi NiMo1960

The developers only read the ideas posted in the Suggestion Section, as all ideas are grouped by theme. Your posts were for Help & Support and for General Feedback.

So if you want to post your ideas about Cargo ships, please post in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595066
Old Nov 05 2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi NiMo1960

The developers only read the ideas posted in the Suggestion Section, as all ideas are grouped by theme. Your posts were for Help & Support and for General Feedback.

So if you want to post your ideas about Cargo ships, please post in the following thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595066
Keeps being deleted from that section.
I will try again (5th or 6th attempt).
Old Nov 05 2017, 11:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo1960 View Post
Keeps being deleted from that section.
I will try again (5th or 6th attempt).
Hi Nimo,
Your posts are not deleted from that section, but they may have been moved to the appropriate thread. When members post in the My suggestion doesn't have a thread we find the appropriate thread and move your post to that thread. The only posts that get removed from suggestions are replies or comments about other's suggestions as that is not allowed in that section.
Please keep in mind too that it is up to the developers to determine whether they want and can do a suggestion. Additionally periodically we do move older posts to the archives at the direction of the developers meaning they have looked at them and chosen which ones they will implement.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 09 2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Leigh View Post
I stopped preparing and sending out my own cargo ships long ago. And, that's ok ... I don't have the time to do so, but know I have neighbors that do participate with this part of the game

I sleep through the night and work during the day and it isn't at all uncommon for 8 hours to as many as 15 to lapse before I'm able to log in and, then, being forced to excessively mouse click (which, by the way we all know contributes to wrist injury) to move my neighbors' ships along.

Although, 8 to 15 hours might work for me, throughout the months I have received tens of messages, asking me to attend to ships sitting in my port. Not all such messages have been intended to be interpreted as a polite reminder.

Worst, I have come to realize that a significant number of my FT friends have dropped me as their neighbor, which, of course, negatively impacts my ability to easily participate with the coop quests part of the game.

This is a big deal because I have been a good neighbor by moving ships along, yet I'm being punished, as a player, only because of the way cargo ships has been structured to operate.

IMO, cargo ships is not at all an enhancement to my FT gaming experience --- it has been the opposite.

Please understand, I have been an active and consistent player for years, have invested hundreds of dollars into purchasing every FC tool, every FC facility, some in multiples, and before that, a good number of FC decorative items. I've never stopped or taken breaks, yet since Cargo Ships introduced, I'm contemplating quitting FT altogether.
I also recently turned off my port because I too kept getting rude nasty messages telling me to send on ships. Like most people I have a real life and a real job. I don't have time to go to the game all day and load and send fake ships.

Another reason I turned them off is the little bit I get back isn't worth the time and effort it takes to load the ships. I have 6 ships and am lucky if I get 300 of each product back from each one.

I still have my ships and port and I may turn it on again eventually but for now it is staying as a decoration.
Old Dec 18 2017, 03:08 PM

Pretty ridiculous that I get a popup that a container is ready AFTER I've already started the next container! The popup should appear as soon as the container is ready.
Old Dec 28 2017, 12:00 PM

Exclamation Time portal?

Today at about 11:00 am EST, we started preparing the containers of the Purple ship. We had prepared 2 containers and at approximately 12:15 pm went to prepare the 3rd container, we saw to our amazement that the boat was dispatched with only 1 container prepared. I suspect that her Captain was drunk again. When the ship returns, he will be fired.

In the same time i noticed that the Green ship that was due to arrive to port tomorrow noon time, was in our port ready to unload. I immediately went down to the dock and I saw the Captain and the crew on the dock disoriented. Eventually the Captain collected himself and he said that as the ship was sailing with a speed of 20 kts, all of a sudden the ship was engulfed in a very thick greenish fog, everyone went bananas, and when the fog departed they were inside the port ready to unload. Do you think that the ship went thru a time portal?
Old Dec 28 2017, 03:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmo View Post
Today at about 11:00 am EST, we started preparing the containers of the Purple ship. We had prepared 2 containers and at approximately 12:15 pm went to prepare the 3rd container, we saw to our amazement that the boat was dispatched with only 1 container prepared. I suspect that her Captain was drunk again. When the ship returns, he will be fired.

In the same time i noticed that the Green ship that was due to arrive to port tomorrow noon time, was in our port ready to unload. I immediately went down to the dock and I saw the Captain and the crew on the dock disoriented. Eventually the Captain collected himself and he said that as the ship was sailing with a speed of 20 kts, all of a sudden the ship was engulfed in a very thick greenish fog, everyone went bananas, and when the fog departed they were inside the port ready to unload. Do you think that the ship went thru a time portal?
Hi Edmo,
To answer your second question, the ships have 7 days to go through all 30 ports. That does not mean they have to spend the whole 7 days out. If your neighbors happen to quickly catch and load your ship then it is possible for the ship to return early.
For the first question, the only way the ship could be dispatched is if you accidently hit the dispatch button that replaces the prepare containers button when you have started preparing.
Old Dec 28 2017, 07:44 PM

Ok all ships back at home port on all 4 accounts.
No more ships are being sent out until a better system is in place to organise and send them.
I have over 100 neighbours active within last month, around 70 still have ships as active, but only 15 seem to send ships on.
Even having a spreadsheet set up for good and bad ports is not enough as the limit of changing 10 is way too low.
I will keep on forwarding ships that come to my ports, but my own ships are not sailing.