Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Jan 30 2014, 12:01 AM

I dont get why they put the eye dimmer on there. I already have it set in my preferences to hide all that is not relevent to the job and that was how it automatically came up. Now with the eye dimmer I have to go through the hassle of setting it to hide every time someone hires me.....need to get rid of the eye dimmer so my settings in my preferences can be utilized again please. The option to use an employers tools is great.....it works both ways.....I for one am not a selfish person and have absolutely no problem in letting someone with lesser tools use mine....and i have to agree about the little house to go home with....It is rather a childish icon.....sorry but i am not in grade school.....other that these 2 issues....great job
Old Jan 30 2014, 12:49 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I for one, am quite happy to let other farmers use my tools....it does me no harm, in fact helps me as the work will actually get done!! thank you slashkey for this latest improvement to a wonderful game,

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 08 2014, 09:17 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default uae of my tools

I don't mind others using my tools, but they should have to supply their OWN FUEL, and not use mine. No sense in letting them have their cake and eat it too....just sayin.....

oops, I just read where they have to use their own fuel. That makes more sense. Sorry bout that.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Feb 08 2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivienne57 View Post
I personally think this is a really good idea and I don't have a problem with other farmers using my tools to work on my farm. It gives the lower level farmers who can not yet afford the tools a chance to level up in the game a bit quicker. I know that there are some farmers playing who don't get a chance to work farms because they don't have the tools. How are they going to get them if they don't get given a chance. This way they get the opportunity to earn the bucks so to speak. People who say 'I paid for the tools so other farmers are not gonna use them; are a tad selfish thinking like that
At the risk of sounding like the aliens in "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" it is also rather silly of people because farmers have been begging to let other farmers use their tools for over a year. I cannot recall anyone ever saying it was a bad idea in the suggestions thread! The developers merely gave us what we said we badly needed.
Old Feb 08 2014, 09:33 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
At the risk of sounding like the aliens in "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy" it is also rather silly of people because farmers have been begging to let other farmers use their tools for over a year. I cannot recall anyone ever saying it was a bad idea in the suggestions thread! The developers merely gave us what we said we badly needed.
I for one have never asked for employee's to use my tools and I never knew anything about them thinking of letting them use my tools until it came out in the New Release, the only thing that was ever said was to let the employee's use their own coin tools, which they took a poll, but not for letting them use the employer's tools. Who is everyone begged for it?

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Feb 08 2014, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazin Angel View Post
I dont get why they put the eye dimmer on there. I already have it set in my preferences to hide all that is not relevent to the job and that was how it automatically came up. Now with the eye dimmer I have to go through the hassle of setting it to hide every time someone hires me.....need to get rid of the eye dimmer so my settings in my preferences can be utilized again please. The option to use an employers tools is great.....it works both ways.....I for one am not a selfish person and have absolutely no problem in letting someone with lesser tools use mine....and i have to agree about the little house to go home with....It is rather a childish icon.....sorry but i am not in grade school.....other that these 2 issues....great job
The eye makes it easy to switch through various modes when using the tools by clicking it, but I can understand how anyone with a laptop or a small computer monitor might find it to be a pain. I wish they would make it optional and suggested it to Raul in answer to a survey he sent to some of us.

As for the home icon, I think the idea was to make it look a bit more like other games that allow visiting neighbors. But it is a bit child like if not childish.
Old Feb 08 2014, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
I for one have never asked for employee's to use my tools and I never knew anything about them thinking of letting them use my tools until it came out in the New Release, the only thing that was ever said was to let the employee's use their own coin tools, which they took a poll, but not for letting them use the employer's tools. Who is everyone begged for it?
It was in the suggestion thread for over a year! And there were enough posts making the suggestion that they eventually removed them and asked people to stop suggesting it.
Old Feb 08 2014, 09:41 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
It was in the suggestion thread for over a year! And there were enough posts making the suggestion that they eventually removed them and asked people to stop suggesting it.
If it is in the suggestions section no comments can be made, they will be deleted, below is the rule in the suggestion section. I don't read every suggestion in every category since comments are not allowed. It should have been posted in the general feedback to get feedback from players. They could have posted a poll like the coin tools also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D
To allow members to feel comfortable about posting suggestions we have decided not to allow comments on suggestions... all comments will be removed.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Feb 08 2014, 09:42 PM

I find it good that people can use my tools for a faster result, big 10+ for that to the developers.
The eye is kind of silly to me as I have in my preference setting "dim out non relevant items" in hidden mode.
Because I've already done this before I posted my Question
Old Feb 08 2014, 10:30 PM
Senior Moderator

I think there has been more than enough discussion on employees using employers tools. It is a given fact that this is an option and you have a way to allow or not allow them to use them. Any more discussion of this will be removed. We do not need any more feedback on this.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.