Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Apr 03 2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiemae1046 View Post
totally hacked that i can not finish a quest because it requires a farm cash building. i do not have the money to buy the building. please try to find another way to finish the quest if you can not afford the building.
Hi, I moved your post to general feedback
Old Apr 04 2012, 02:45 PM
Account Not Linked

Has anyone who has hired people from the quest section so both parties can get farm cash actually received all their cash? I claimed a few but now it shows on the quest page i am supposed to have 25 farm cash but only 22 are showing on my page .
Old Apr 04 2012, 10:56 PM

[quote=merrymaid;5107474]Has anyone who has hired people from the quest section so both parties can get farm cash actually received all their cash? I claimed a few but now it shows on the quest page i am supposed to have 25 farm cash but only 22 are showing on my page .[/QUOTE

Are you sure you mean the quest section? I know at one time the game allowed me to invite people to work my facilities and harvest on my farm and I would get 2 or 3 farmcash if they came and did and they would get some too. As a rule of thumb it was non players that I could invite. I can't really remember how much as it was a long time ago. However, I have not seen anything in any quest where I could get farmcash in any way. It says that eventually we might be able to get one farmcash for certain quests, but I haven't seen it give out any yet.
Old Apr 05 2012, 01:49 PM

Thumbs down Quest that requires purchase of facility

Does anyone else find it extremely annoying that you continually get quests, I have had the bowling pin one 3 times, for which you MUST purchase a facility that costs Farm $$?? I asked for a lifeline the first time I got this quest and was able to get the required ingredient by working for it, the 2nd time my lifeline was tied up already and the third time the lifeline was a "gift" and the ingredient I needed is not giftable! I have one sitting in my list now that requires I load a sandwich to the Modern School, and all is complete except for that step and I have no $$ to purchase that facility and don't really CARE to purchase it! There is no lifeline that allows you to load ingredients into another players facilities, at least as far as I know.
I enjoy fulfilling the quests and think they add a new dimension to the game and am only slightly upset when I finish one and the next one requires that I grow the same three crops again, all of which take at least 2 days. If the quests are "selected just for me" the computer should know what facilities I have and which quests I have already done and move on. Thanks for letting me "vent"!
Old Apr 05 2012, 02:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwenger1 View Post
Does anyone else find it extremely annoying that you continually get quests, I have had the bowling pin one 3 times, for which you MUST purchase a facility that costs Farm $$?? I asked for a lifeline the first time I got this quest and was able to get the required ingredient by working for it, the 2nd time my lifeline was tied up already and the third time the lifeline was a "gift" and the ingredient I needed is not giftable! I have one sitting in my list now that requires I load a sandwich to the Modern School, and all is complete except for that step and I have no $$ to purchase that facility and don't really CARE to purchase it! There is no lifeline that allows you to load ingredients into another players facilities, at least as far as I know.
I enjoy fulfilling the quests and think they add a new dimension to the game and am only slightly upset when I finish one and the next one requires that I grow the same three crops again, all of which take at least 2 days. If the quests are "selected just for me" the computer should know what facilities I have and which quests I have already done and move on. Thanks for letting me "vent"!
The lifelines cannot be used for the last step of a quest so if you do not have that facility then you cannot complete the quest. I have two right now that are for the Flower Shop. I don't own it and even though I could buy it I do not want to get into the whole flower thing. So they will sit until they expire.
The quests are not "selected just for you" but are randomly selected without knowing what facilities you own. The lifelines are also random and not selected for the particular quest you have.
And just an FYI the "Gift" lifeline can also be used for an ingredients request. So if something you need is an ingredient of a product then you can request ingredients for that product. For example, ketchup is made in the preserves factory. If you don't have that then you can request ingredients for the french fries with ketchup and get it along with potatoes.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 08 2012, 08:50 AM

First of all I would like to say how much I love FarmTown! I appreciate all the developers who work so hard in making this game the one I have chosen to play exclusively! But I choose not to do the quest or the other mini games because I would rather see the developers spending their time on bigger & better tools. Such as harvest, plow & seeding. Turning off rivers & harvest (maybe a hide tool?) A way to transfer Facilities to other farms without losing everything in it. One click harvest all animals. A way to see how many animals you had in a facility in the Facility Manager anytime not just when harvesting. Having the Facilities hold more animals (I can't afford $5 per super animal) Side walks & ground cover going under items rather than on top. My Avatar working as fast on my farm as it does when I am helping others.
These are just a few things I have suggested & seen others suggest these also. Thank you for your consideration in this matter & Thank you for many more hours yet to come spent on playing Farm Town!
Old Apr 08 2012, 10:22 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I am having problems with my Quests I had the produce in my facilities and went to finish my quest and they show i have completed them. but I cant get the last one to do anything and all my produce ended up missing andn now it wont do anything having poroblem with object object also

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 08 2012, 01:25 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I wanted to tell still have the object object but my quests are working okay now. thank you

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 08 2012, 01:37 PM

I know some people say they get other lifelines for quests that take a farmcash facility, but I have once again gotten trading in the market place. I only use the lifeline on quests that take a farmcash facility for a step other than the last one, and so far, I have actually gotten 3 trading in the marketplace lifelines in a row. I think the odds are not too good for me at least.
Old Apr 08 2012, 04:24 PM

Totally agree, I have suggested that we have a delete button in the case that we don't have the facility. I had the lantern questing sitting for 8 days. I don't have the facility that produced candles.

My feedback on Quests is..... My quest was to produce the foil. It did not indicate that I needed the Circus until the end. I "assumed" I could load it in to the Sports Facility. I ended up buying the Circus...just to load the Foil. I did earn my FC back but I won't do that again....sighs