Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Mar 09 2011, 08:41 PM

I'm getting soooo tired of waiting for updates. It use to be we would get updates every couple of weeks and NOW were waiting 4 weeks to get updates! I've spent ALOT of Real Money on this game but if were going to have to go on like this with updates I can find another game to support.
I really like this game, but this is getting Very Old!!!
Old Mar 09 2011, 09:07 PM

Cool

Please folks, we're all anxious for the next upgrade, but NONE of us spend "lots of real money" to play--$10 or $20 here and there is less than many of us spend at Starbucks weekly. The upgrade would be nice to have but it will come in time.... Or Slashkey will go out of business and give us all a case of the blues! But the world won't end.... It is still 2 days before it will be 4 weeks, and we've all lived that long on FT before....
Old Mar 09 2011, 09:19 PM
denver729
Account Not Linked

I know, I know... but some of us just *love* the game very much.

Although I am on level 42..I don't play it like a diehard fan like many do...I want to know the secret to how many here are at level 185... you all must be doing A LOT of clicking!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautysmom View Post
Please folks, we're all anxious for the next upgrade, but NONE of us spend "lots of real money" to play--$10 or $20 here and there is less than many of us spend at Starbucks weekly. The upgrade would be nice to have but it will come in time.... Or Slashkey will go out of business and give us all a case of the blues! But the world won't end.... It is still 2 days before it will be 4 weeks, and we've all lived that long on FT before....
Old Mar 09 2011, 09:32 PM
Account Not Linked

Hehe I think we all got spoiled having updates every few weeks...I remember when it was months apart

To Denver729, a lot of us got here at 185 because we started playing way back when in 2009 when it started. Others that are new just produce a lot in facilities and plant shorter crops so they get xp for planting and plowing
Old Mar 09 2011, 09:36 PM

While I agree in the most part with you ,it gets very annoying to watch other games get updates or new items every week ,or every couple of weeks and we are just wondering IF we are going to get ant St Paddys day decorations....Not asking for much .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post
Hehe I think we all got spoiled having updates every few weeks...I remember when it was months apart

To Denver729, a lot of us got here at 185 because we started playing way back when in 2009 when it started. Others that are new just produce a lot in facilities and plant shorter crops so they get xp for planting and plowing
Old Mar 09 2011, 09:39 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

When Valentine's Day was coming up you released decorations for it separately from an update, which came out the following week. I think you could have similarly released St. Patrick's day items by themselves. I realize the work on fixing the facilities manager - which is wonderful - may have delayed other updates, but surely putting out St. Pat's day decorations, most if not all of which will probably be from last year anyway, couldn't have been that hard.

A year ago, when updates were normally quite a few weeks apart, many users suggested that smaller but more frequent updates were preferable (from the players' point of view) than saving up a lot of things for big updates that came less frequently. I don't know what you have planned for the future, but would like to suggest that this philosophy still holds true.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 09 2011, 09:58 PM
denver729
Account Not Linked

I think my request (the one where someone said it wasn't necessary to do this...) is looking like it needs to become necessary (an All-holiday tab in the store if previously released decorations).

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
When Valentine's Day was coming up you released decorations for it separately from an update, which came out the following week. I think you could have similarly released St. Patrick's day items by themselves. I realize the work on fixing the facilities manager - which is wonderful - may have delayed other updates, but surely putting out St. Pat's day decorations, most if not all of which will probably be from last year anyway, couldn't have been that hard.

A year ago, when updates were normally quite a few weeks apart, many users suggested that smaller but more frequent updates were preferable (from the players' point of view) than saving up a lot of things for big updates that came less frequently. I don't know what you have planned for the future, but would like to suggest that this philosophy still holds true.
Old Mar 09 2011, 10:28 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double T Dude Ranch View Post

Me too! I don't play any other games so I have any idea how often other games have updates.

I am admiring people's time management skills that have time to play several games! Farm Town is all I play and I spend too much time on it.

Any upgrades are nice and eagerly awaited but I don't know how people can be so bored after waiting just a few weeks.
Old Mar 10 2011, 02:03 AM

i just stock up on all stock so if there is new factory i will have the stock, some ppl dont understand it takews time to update etc
Old Mar 10 2011, 05:29 AM

I'm anxiously awaiting a new update, too, and check frequently to see if there is one. But if it's not there? It's certainly not the end of the world! Improved functionality, like the Facility Manager, takes time and testing prior to release. I'd rather wait awhile for something like that than have an update every couple of weeks that amounts to nothing more than additional facilities or new crops. These are fun, but who can keep up with all of that?

I'm not playing any other games now -- I'm already spending too much time on this one :-) -- but when I *did* play Farmville, yes, they came out with new stuff all the time. Too much too often, frankly, and they weren't improving the game. They were improving their bottom line by offering a high percentage of things that required real money -- and ignoring the fact that the game was becoming almost impossible to play because of lack of farm space, storage, loading issues, etc. The core problems of the game got no attention at all. More often than not, the "updates" were disappointing -- more space-wasting junk, begging neighbors to send bits and pieces of junk -- junk junk junk.

Farm Town, however, never disappoints. There are always plenty of neet surprises for anyone -- free or cash player -- in every update. I like the fact that they fix things I never even realized needed fixing, and offer new functionality that makes the game easier and less time consuming to play. The Production Chain list in the Facility Manager is just awesome. I took a few lame stabs at trying to come up with my own list, but with so many facilities, I kept getting lost.

But even more important than that, to me, is the fact that the Devs actually pay attention to the issues that are raised, and do something about them! I don't mind spending money on this game, when I can, because I don't feel like I'm being milked constantly, or taken for a fool. While they need to make a profit -- there's no free lunch! -- they don't focus on that to the exclusion of all else.

I can't wait for the next update. But in the meantime, there's plenty to do in Farm Town -- and real life!
Closed Thread