Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Dec 23 2009, 08:33 AM

Default Hiring and getting hired

For 3 months or more l cant hire because when l go to the market place there's no one there, now l have noticed l dont get paid all the time for harvesting or plowing is this issue going to be sorted sometime soon?

I haver posted here because it seems with the new release that you are now removing away it was supposed to sort out some of the issues!!

thanks
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:34 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa_Guy View Post
A job well done, the new update is great. If the developers let themselves be pushed around by a few unhappy players then that's just to bad. It seems everyone who is complaining is complaining about the speed. I've had more compliments about my speed tonight than ever before. The speed has not changed at all and now you have to make every click of your mouse count. You have improved the game for the masses and that's who the game is for right?

It will be a mistake if you go back to the way it was before 12.22.2009. With this update you have leveled the playing field and made the game more challenging and interesting. Do you want FT to be fair and challenging, the same for everyone or is the game for the few who wine the loudest.
IN your first post, you stated you knew you were in the minority that liked the 12/22 update. You seem to have forgotten that all of a sudden. It's not just a "few whiners," it's an overwhelming majority that HATE the update. Not just "dislike" it and wished it hadn't happen, but despise FT and will quit. You do understand that less players=less money for Slashkey and they are in the business of making money, not catering to the whims of the terminally s-l-o-w who are obsessed that someone might not be clicking in an orderly fashion or play the game somehow differently than what they think they should. The "few people" are the ones who liked the update and whine about all the rest of the people that hated it.

The playing field wasn't leveled with the update; it was slowed down to a crawl to address the issue of lost XP/coins that may or may not happen frequently. Some seem to not understand the purpose of the update had nothing to do with the few Nazis on FT who want everyone to do exactly what they do and won't tolerate anything else but instead to address the XP/coin issue. The resulting slowness made a few happy and all the rest extremely PO'd.

Anyone who thinks that yesterday's harvesting/plowing was somehow "faster" than the days before is really doing something terribly wrong.
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:37 AM
Account Not Linked

Default new way stinks

I hate the new way of farmin! I like the old way there was nothin wrong with it! The other thing that I hate is the server keeps timing me out, I will be in the middle of a job harvestin or plowin and just says server timed out what is up with that! It has gotten worse with this new way I can get a single job finished I hope you all can fix this!
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:38 AM
Account Not Linked

Default farm town problem

i have been having problems with this game started messing up december 22 when i get hired to plow or harvest i start but can only do one square then it says wait im busy i click on the square that needs harvested or plowed and it dont do any thing fix this game if its new version go back to old hope this game aint like yoville if so i will get rid of it dont understand people putting out games that dont work rite 2 me make shure all the stuff is running rite b 4 you put games out no one wants to play apps that are messed up fix this game i started playing this about 2 weeks ago and never had any problems un till december 22 2009 and to day december 23 2009

I tested harvesting for someone last night, it was no big deal, although I have to admit it was weird to once again wait for my avatar to catch up if I moved far away.

Hiring people this morning has been a bit frustrating though. It's taking FOREVER to get my farms harvested and plowed. Also I had a weird occurence of plots layered over my original plots and had to run around removing them. Not sure how they got there, but they were there.

I really do NOT like having to hire only one person, my second farm is large and I like to hire TWO people to harvest and plow. Please don't place a limit on people we can hire, that should be left to the judgement of the farmers.

Reading some of these posts is a real eye opener, alot of whining and frankly untruths regarding faster computers, etc. It's not some huge conspiracy and some people are hysterical like it's the end of the freakin world.

I don't think it is necessary to limit the number of farmers hired. People already have the option to leave if they feel there are too many workers. I enjoy getting together with my friends. If you don't like the social interaction, Farmville is always an option. Those with slower computers can always upgrade. Don't program to the lowest common denominator. This game was great until yesterday, I am very glad you are going back to that.
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwill View Post
IN your first post, you stated you knew you were in the minority that liked the 12/22 update. You seem to have forgotten that all of a sudden. It's not just a "few whiners," it's an overwhelming majority that HATE the update. Not just "dislike" it and wished it hadn't happen, but despise FT and will quit. You do understand that less players=less money for Slashkey and they are in the business of making money, not catering to the whims of the terminally s-l-o-w who are obsessed that someone might not be clicking in an orderly fashion or play the game somehow differently than what they think they should. The "few people" are the ones who liked the update and whine about all the rest of the people that hated it.

The playing field wasn't leveled with the update; it was slowed down to a crawl to address the issue of lost XP/coins that may or may not happen frequently. Some seem to not understand the purpose of the update had nothing to do with the few Nazis on FT who want everyone to do exactly what they do and won't tolerate anything else but instead to address the XP/coin issue. The resulting slowness made a few happy and all the rest extremely PO'd.

Anyone who thinks that yesterday's harvesting/plowing was somehow "faster" than the days before is really doing something terribly wrong.

Bye bye, have a good one......

Riverview plantation
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:40 AM
Account Not Linked

Please fix it put it back the way it was avid ft fan!
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:41 AM
Master Farmer ( Level 18 )

Farmer Since: Oct 15 2009
Level:
Trophies: 5
XP:
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaDementia View Post
OK....reality check...now you want to tell people HOW to harvest?? Is everyone forgetting this is a game?

Look...If I want to hire only one person, I'll hire only one....if I want to hire 3 I'll hire 3. That should be my choice. I agree with the person who said if people get hired with more people than they want to work with, then they can leave. What happened to personal responsibility. As for those with slower connections/computers, well, that's life. With any game, some will have advantages. Should I be penalized because I may click faster or have a faster connection? Why not just give different colored jumpers to those who only want to work alone. Then they can decide and I know not to hire them. But as for a few people who want to work by themselves, I should not have to play the game just the way THEY want it played.

I appreciate the work of the devs and the moderators and everything they do to make this game better, but I do think sometimes they give a little too much weight to the opinions of those who just want to control how everyone else plays. We don't need a fire button....just block that person and don't hire them again. We don't need to be told how many people to hire...people can work for us or not as they choose. We don't need someone dictating which pattern we click in when we harvest. I think a lot of these players are new to online games and even chat, and they take this stuff waaay too seriously. You will NEVER be able to control strangers in a game. It doesn't work like that.

Ok...rant over....I'm very happy the game is going back to the old format. Thanks Farmtown....love you guys )
I could not have said it better Luna! Just what I've been thinking and I agree with all points stated.

This is a game ... Most importantly, meant to be enjoyed! The less rules the better.

Visit lolcat's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 23 2009, 08:45 AM
Account Not Linked

For those who have only been on only a few weeks try being for months then have this change put on you I hate it and I do not want a limit on hiring!!!!!!
Closed Thread