Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Mar 15 2015, 12:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarrettHillBabe View Post
I totally quit doing the regular quests due to the following problem. AND before anyone feels the need to remind me the computer generates randomly all quests I KNOW that.

What totally burns my grits is the fact that prior to FC being awarded for regular quests I may have the animal remedy quest perhaps 1x in 3 or even 4 weeks. Once the award of FC started I was getting that quest at least 1 time per week, sometimes 2 times in same week. After that began and seemed to continue I TOTALLY QUIT regular quests.

I used to LOVE the CoOp quests. Had fun and totally enjoyed them. THEN came the FC awards and yes it began with 1 time per week at least 1 make some silly remedy, I'd let it die. REFUSE to purchase a FC factory that gives me such a tiny return as this one seems to do per those who purchased it. AND the type of crops needed, more short growing time crops, no thank you.

Then low and behold was getting the LOAD those remedies maybe 2 or 3 a week. Broke down and bought the Clinic since I would be purchasing needed items from friends AND it cost a couple dollars less than that factory.

NOW? Oh the computer is so random with FC needed factory quests that just this week have had 3 to manufacture remedies! Did have 1 remedy to load, brought that clinic out of storage and completed that one, then back to storage.

What I find extremely strange about these "random computer generated" quests is the fact that once I bought the Animal Clinic those quests are now few and far between BUT the quest to MAKE the remedies are hitting me hard. I'm feeling the computer "randomly" is generating them to "force" me to purchase what I do not want. I am NOT alone in thinking this BTW.

I'll open new for my neighbors who may need items but won't waste my coins buying when the end result will be no FC due to the couple completed dropping off as "stale" before I can do enough to earn even 1 FC. Remember I have 3 I can't do taking needed space waiting for them to go away.

Perhaps if I wait 7 days past this group of 7 days to do any quests I'll be out of the loop to PRODUCE remedies.. Once can only hope, right?

As many are saying animal remedy quests may be random but then "random" can be manipulated. With others commenting once they purchased both animal remedy facilities so as not to be so frustrated they've had extremely FEW remedy quests since. THIS has me quite suspicious about the so called randomness. IF was only 1 friend mentioning the much fewer remedy quests since their purchases I think I was paranoid.

Now off to file a ticket about the loss of some FC.

Sorry about my ranting here, as I said I am NOT the only disgusted LONG time (early 2009) farmer noticing how "random" appears to be working these days.
Hi GarrettHillBabe,
I moved your post to the feedback thread about quests as you did not have a question.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 20 2015, 03:25 PM

Well I thought this quest thing was going to be a good thing to try, but, I have been given a quest that requires I level up 124 levels in 4 days. Really!!! Like that is ever going to happen. Thanks for the useless quest.
Old Mar 20 2015, 03:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by campcryer View Post
Well I thought this quest thing was going to be a good thing to try, but, I have been given a quest that requires I level up 124 levels in 4 days. Really!!! Like that is ever going to happen. Thanks for the useless quest.
Hi campcryer,
The quests are assigned by the program randomly. Sometimes you are going to get quests you cannot complete, because it does not look to see what facilities you own.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 23 2015, 07:08 PM

Default Random?

I, too, have a gripe about the fact that I am also getting quests that I cannot complete because I do not have the final facility or do not have whatever is needed for an ingredient for the quest. Presently I have two open co-op quests that I cannot complete. These quests should be matched to our farm and facilities owned. Random is not so 'Random' in my personal opinion. More like manipulation. If I want the FC facilities I would have them by now. I am certainly not going to be forced to buy them to complete a quest, whether it is a standard or co-op quest.

Some changes are needed urgently. If random needs to be part of this game, then PLEASE randomize among the facilities we own. I have stopped buying Farm $$ because of this. Besides, many of us cannot afford to. So please stop basing this game around the rich.

Beyond Frustrating.

Lorraine.

PS. While it is true.. no one has to do the quests... that is not relevant. The problem with the set up is that while we are being given quests we cannot do, it is clogged up so we can't receive ones we can do.. until those useless ones expire. If we have already completed quests we lose the ability to earn our farm cash because they are pushed out as if we haven't done them at all. So the developers need to randomize the quests around the facilities WE DO OWN.

Last edited by unicorns4me; Mar 24 2015 at 04:56 PM. Reason: fix a typo
Old Mar 24 2015, 01:12 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

no one HAS to do quests if they don't want to... its the individuals choice..

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 26 2015, 05:56 AM

Angry Tired of getting screwed

Twice now I've had FC "stolen" from the quests!

I had 8 quests completed for at LEAST 2 days but could not claim the 2 FC because I had to wait 7 days. While I wasn't looking 7 days came and a completed quest expired so I only got 1 FC.

This is the second time this has happened!!!

Why can't we get the 2 FC when we have the 8 quests complete. If the next 7 days have ro wait fine but I HAD EIGHT so I had EARNED TWO FC! Or at least let completed quests stay "alive" for an extra day or two so we don't lose the FC.

It would only be FAIR!!!!

Last edited by JohnAlbertini; Mar 26 2015 at 05:57 AM. Reason: spelling
Old Mar 26 2015, 09:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Twice now I've had FC "stolen" from the quests!

I had 8 quests completed for at LEAST 2 days but could not claim the 2 FC because I had to wait 7 days. While I wasn't looking 7 days came and a completed quest expired so I only got 1 FC.

This is the second time this has happened!!!

Why can't we get the 2 FC when we have the 8 quests complete. If the next 7 days have ro wait fine but I HAD EIGHT so I had EARNED TWO FC! Or at least let completed quests stay "alive" for an extra day or two so we don't lose the FC.

It would only be FAIR!!!!
Hi John,
I moved your post to the thread about Quests.
Old Mar 26 2015, 12:21 PM

Almost 6 days wasted now due to those useless lifelines .Please do something to improve them!
Old Mar 26 2015, 12:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyobrien View Post
Almost 6 days wasted now due to those useless lifelines .Please do something to improve them!
Hi Lilly,
I moved your post to the feedback thread about quests. If you want to suggest changes to the life lines please post them in the Suggestion section. You can't start a new thread in that section, but you can reply to one that fits the subject of your suggestion.
Old Apr 02 2015, 09:19 AM

Default Tranquestility at last . . .

Despite all of the cleverly crafted hooks, sham randomness, FCented Bait, and oh-so-eager neighbours . . . I am so much happier not questing, it almost makes me want to waste an hour seeding fields in full screen, almost . . .

Lorenzo

PECCATUM ORIGINALE
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...766&farm_ix=20

Last edited by Larry Greenslate; Apr 08 2015 at 09:29 AM. Reason: add on