Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Dec 11 2014, 08:46 AM

Than you for your reply. I am a programmer. I know all about random number generators. There is no such thing as a true random number generator, as you saw by your link on pseudo random numbers.

This is a sudden change, reported by multiple people, that belies the idea of it just being "randomness". Every random number generator is seeded. There are algorithms that can be used to choose both the seed and the array of choices to choose from. It could well be that the random numbers are being seeded in such a way to make them fairly random, but what is happening is that the pool to select from has been narrowed. Or some weight is given to some items more than others, which is more likely what is happening
Old Dec 11 2014, 09:35 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyJoBebo View Post
Than you for your reply. I am a programmer. I know all about random number generators. There is no such thing as a true random number generator, as you saw by your link on pseudo random numbers.

This is a sudden change, reported by multiple people, that belies the idea of it just being "randomness". Every random number generator is seeded. There are algorithms that can be used to choose both the seed and the array of choices to choose from. It could well be that the random numbers are being seeded in such a way to make them fairly random, but what is happening is that the pool to select from has been narrowed. Or some weight is given to some items more than others, which is more likely what is happening
if you're a programmer, as i also am, then you know that sometimes the RNG does seem to be weighted, ie: streaky.

and you are right - they "could" be weighting so that more FC facilities are coming up but i really don't think it's warranted to attribute this kind of underhandness to Raul et al. if this were a game run by Sony or FB, my innate paranoia would go there, but i've never seen that kind of behavior from this game.
Old Dec 12 2014, 06:30 PM

Angry Farmtown quest help

I clicked the help button or whatever that thing is called in the right hand corner and it said I could get help by friends gifting. That's great but they can't gift anything I need and you call that help??
Old Dec 12 2014, 09:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1958 View Post
I clicked the help button or whatever that thing is called in the right hand corner and it said I could get help by friends gifting. That's great but they can't gift anything I need and you call that help??
Hi mickey,
The gift Life Line can also be used with ingredient requests. Choose a product that uses the items you need and post an ingredient request for that item.
The Life Lines are random just as the quests are, so you may or may not get one that works for that particular quest. It is just the luck of the draw to get one that works for your quest.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 13 2014, 02:55 PM

OK, I know the quests are supposed to be random but....................I was just wrapping up the quest for the coconut guitar and opened the next quest.......it was also the coconut guitar. I just opened another quest and it's not the coconut guitar but is for the linen yarn which you have to produce to do the coconut guitar. It this weird or what.
Old Dec 16 2014, 12:57 AM

But miffed. I've just opened todays quest and its produce teak planks. Great thinks I that's easy! But I go to buy some teak trees and discover that they are unlocked at level 104 and I'm only level 88! Fortunately I had the help button free and got 'gifting' so can complete it but still annoyed that the quest pool isn't level checked!
Old Dec 22 2014, 09:46 AM

I am level 186 and decided to try quests. The first three were fun! I got my first Greenie! The fourth quest requires the Oil Refinery, which costs 32 Greenies! I am saving my very slowly increasing Greenies for things like a bigger harvester, a bigger plower, a combine, a bigger combine, but don't forget the bigger tools that I'll need to get the next bigger combine! Then there's a bigger seeder. Geez! If I decided to buy all of these tools, it will currently cost me 530 Greenies, and that's only for harvesters, plowers, and combines. Let's don't even go to combine-seeder combos! And that doesn't count any chain saws, shakers, flower harvesters, bulldozers, flower waterers or any other buildings!

Now...I can buy 250 Greenies for the low low price of only $39.99US. To get 500, it would cost me $80...just for h/p/combines! That still leaves 30 Greenies that I would need!

And they want me to spend 32 Greenies to complete a quest! Ha! That's not going to happen. In fact, they have ruined my fun so much that I may quit for ANOTHER 4 years and spend more time with my ATV!

Oh yeah...I currently have over 460 MILLION coins that don't help a bit!

I know this is a money-making business, but I live on a limited income and I can't afford to spend that much on any game! I have already completed all of the offers that I can to get rewards. And, speaking of such, I have YET to find a survey that I can get past the first step! They are a total waste of time!
Old Dec 22 2014, 09:37 PM

I am so frustrated right now. I love the quests. Last Monday, I cashed in for 1 FC. I had several ready to start the final step, but waited until after I cashed in. I knew I would't have 8 and didn't want the others to be wasted. So I waited, cashed in, and then started the final steps. I have had 8 completed now for a day or more. Today was my day to cash in. The last time, I checked it said not enough time had passed. I had to wait for 3 more hours. I had to go to a party and was not home then. As soon as I got home, I got on-line to cash in and what do I find? I have just 5 quests completed. So I got 1 FC. I feel gypped. So very disappointed.
Old Dec 22 2014, 10:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschar View Post
I am so frustrated right now. I love the quests. Last Monday, I cashed in for 1 FC. I had several ready to start the final step, but waited until after I cashed in. I knew I would't have 8 and didn't want the others to be wasted. So I waited, cashed in, and then started the final steps. I have had 8 completed now for a day or more. Today was my day to cash in. The last time, I checked it said not enough time had passed. I had to wait for 3 more hours. I had to go to a party and was not home then. As soon as I got home, I got on-line to cash in and what do I find? I have just 5 quests completed. So I got 1 FC. I feel gypped. So very disappointed.
Hi Mrschar,
I am sorry, but those 3 quests were completed too quickly, so by not being able to collect at the same time they went over the 7 days. This is why we say to wait a day before starting those last steps. By starting them right after you collected last time, then they were done within 3 hours afterwards and you were not able to collect for 3 1/2 hours. That means all 3 were over 7 days old.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 22 2014, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Mrschar,
I am sorry, but those 3 quests were completed too quickly, so by not being able to collect at the same time they went over the 7 days. This is why we say to wait a day before starting those last steps. By starting them right after you collected last time, then they were done within 3 hours afterwards and you were not able to collect for 3 1/2 hours. That means all 3 were over 7 days old.
I figured that out. It wouldn't have happened if I had been able to collect my bonus on time. Just so frustrating after working so hard for them.