Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Closed Thread

Old May 25 2022, 05:40 PM

Default Facebook loading

Why is Facebook not loading up and staying on. I have had lots of issues of this happening all day today.
Old May 25 2022, 05:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by becky1431 View Post
Why is Facebook not loading up and staying on. I have had lots of issues of this happening all day today.
Hi Becky,
This is a forum for Farm Town, not Facebook. I am sorry but we do not know why Facebook is not loading for you as we are not part of Facebook.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 05 2022, 10:22 AM

Default FT

i just want to farm. ive been farming longer than i can remember. But now when i open FT it says i need to download WEB GL, i have but won't let me in. Please fix this so i can farm like i have for years. thank you
Old Jul 05 2022, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Lightner View Post
i just want to farm. ive been farming longer than i can remember. But now when i open FT it says i need to download WEB GL, i have but won't let me in. Please fix this so i can farm like i have for years. thank you
Hi Linda,
You have been answer about this many times. There is nothing we can fix to help with this. There is nothing to download. You do not need to download Web?GL as it is built into your browser.
When you get that message it is because you encountered an error and the game thinks you do not have Web/GL when you do.
First make sure your browser and windows or mac are up to date.
When you get this message about Web/GL not being available first try just closing your browser and the reopen to see if it will load.

If you still get the message try clearing your browser cache with the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421890
If those don't work try shutting down your computer and restart. The load your farms.

You can find all the posts you have made concerning this and the answers after them by using the instructions in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 08 2022, 10:47 AM

Question Chromebook

Can I use a Chromebook to play FarmTown?
Old Jul 08 2022, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imgowan View Post
Can I use a Chromebook to play FarmTown?
Hi Imgowen,
Only if the Chromebook meets the minimum requirements for playing the game that are listed in the HTML/WebGL thread. Here is a link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

Most Chromebooks only have 2 GB memory which means they will have many problems because they don't have enough memory.
Old Jul 08 2022, 01:02 PM

Default Chromebooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Imgowen,
Only if the Chromebook meets the minimum requirements for playing the game that are listed in the HTML/WebGL thread. Here is a link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=650270

Most Chromebooks only have 2 GB of memory which means they will have many problems because they don't have enough memory.

Thank you. I will check the link
Old Jul 08 2022, 01:36 PM
Account Not Linked

Default Farm Town and Facebook

We have to play Farm Town through the FaceBook interface.

I have been playing Farm Town since 2009 but this week on FB has been a nightmare after posting Farm Town posts to the groups I belong too.

They are being targeted as spam and I am being told I am breaking Community Standards for posts I have been making and sharing these kind of posts for over a decade now.

But the most serious thing is that I am being bumped off FB, locked out amd being forced to provide personal ID to get back on my account. This has happened twice this week for posting a farm town bonus or ingredients. I have paid lots of real money to play my games on FB so I find this completely unacceptable and distressing.

FB say it is being regarded as spam but I am being bumped off saying someone has accessed my account which I know is not true. Twice in one week is the last straw.

I don't know what is going on with FB and Farm Town but it is seriously impacting my fun on playing. And what is more once I have been locked out and I get back on, I have to reset all my games because they have all been removed.

It's a great pity that Farm Town doesn't have it's own platform as to be honest I am getting fed up of the Facebook demands and wrong decisions it keeps making
Old Jul 08 2022, 02:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RozeeS View Post
We have to play Farm Town through the FaceBook interface.

I have been playing Farm Town since 2009 but this week on FB has been a nightmare after posting Farm Town posts to the groups I belong too.

They are being targeted as spam and I am being told I am breaking Community Standards for posts I have been making and sharing these kind of posts for over a decade now.

But the most serious thing is that I am being bumped off FB, locked out amd being forced to provide personal ID to get back on my account. This has happened twice this week for posting a farm town bonus or ingredients. I have paid lots of real money to play my games on FB so I find this completely unacceptable and distressing.

FB say it is being regarded as spam but I am being bumped off saying someone has accessed my account which I know is not true. Twice in one week is the last straw.

I don't know what is going on with FB and Farm Town but it is seriously impacting my fun on playing. And what is more once I have been locked out and I get back on, I have to reset all my games because they have all been removed.

It's a great pity that Farm Town doesn't have it's own platform as to be honest I am getting fed up of the Facebook demands and wrong decisions it keeps making
Hi Rozee,
I am sorry this is happening to you, but it is Facebook's rules and not Farm Town causing this to happen to you. When you duplicate your posts from your own profile to groups then Facebook looks at those as spam when the same thing is posted multiple times. There is nothing Farm Town can do about this. You need to address this to Facebook not here in the forums to Farm Town.
Since Farm Town is a social game meaning you require interaction with your neighbors and friends then Farm Town would have to set up an internation social media platform all its own. That is not something that would be possible just for one game. That idea has been tried before by a much larger game company, but even they could not set it up where you could interact with your neighbors.
The only thing I can suggest to you is to stop reposting your Farm Town posts multiple times as that is what is triggering Facebook's rules and getting you locked out.
Old Jul 08 2022, 07:27 PM

Default Moving farms to a new account.

Someone was giving up the game and offered his farms to someone else. I was wondering how I could transfer my FT account to a new user. What is the procedure for this. TY
Closed Thread

Tags
gifts