Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 31 2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbraswell View Post
i just guess it is smarter to release the item you need to build up ingrediants before you release the product it would be used for. just hate having to wait to fill my facilities to build up the product needed for 1 item,

guess it is time to take another long hiatus from the game.
This is an individual difference. Personally, although it IS a bit annoying to not be able to fill a facility as soon as I buy it, I also see it as something to look forward to. For me, it was fun to go buy lots of new Shea Trees and plant lots of the new crop - watched them like a HAWK until they were ready to use! Part of the fun for me.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 31 2017, 03:11 PM

Short and sweet for those of us who need it that way:

1. To be able to export, I just need to have the products in my regular storage. So if I run my facilities around the clock and don't sell stuff at the Market Place, I should pretty much ALWAYS have stuff to export?

2. To be able to import, I have to keep my staging area clear, which means I need to import frequently.

Do I have those two concepts right?

Part of why I'm asking is for my own planning but also, I notice that some facilities almost NEVER have anything to export even though 4 or 5 neighbors have those facilities. Does that mean that those neighbors either aren't filling their facilities or that they're selling what they produce at the Marketplace regularly?

Is there a limit to how much we export?

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 31 2017, 03:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Short and sweet for those of us who need it that way:

1. To be able to export, I just need to have the products in my regular storage. So if I run my facilities around the clock and don't sell stuff at the Market Place, I should pretty much ALWAYS have stuff to export?

2. To be able to import, I have to keep my staging area clear, which means I need to import frequently.

Do I have those two concepts right?

Part of why I'm asking is for my own planning but also, I notice that some facilities almost NEVER have anything to export even though 4 or 5 neighbors have those facilities. Does that mean that those neighbors either aren't filling their facilities or that they're selling what they produce at the Marketplace regularly?

Is there a limit to how much we export?
Hi Susan,
1. To be able to Export your need products in your From facilities (Export). Those are the extra you make in your chain facilities. What you have in your regular storage cannot be exported.

2. You are correct on this, but your neighbors have to export to you as much as they can.

If they aren't importing the ones you export then you won't be able to export more until they do that.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 31 2017, 04:41 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Marlene,
From Raul's explanation of the Export:
a) If you own a regular facility chain you are now able to export the (Export) products produced on that chain to any neighbour with a service facility chain that can stock those products. This way you will double your revenue compared to just selling those (Export) products in the market. The extra revenue comes as a bonus from the Mayor, your neighbour just pay regular price.

He also said:
f) Right now you can decide when and to whom to export your products. However you have no control over when or which players can export products to you, we may introduce some level of control for this in the future.

The benefit of having product Exported to you by your neighbors is that you only pay the regular price for those products and when you put them in your service facility you earn 50 to 100% more than you would just selling them. So you increase your profit by using these products in your services.
Thank You very much for your answer TAZ
Old Dec 31 2017, 05:27 PM

Farm Town: The Most Fun Way to Prevent Alzheimer's

There's a study they did on nuns - followed them for many years and made notes on their daily activities and lots of other stuff, and then noted which ones developed Alzheimer's and which ones didn't. Turns out that one of the most important factors was NOT whether or not they had the "Alzheimer's Gene" but rather which ones continued to learn new things as they aged. Nuns who HAD the Alzheimer's Gene but who maintained a youthful outlook and kept learning new things did NOT tend to develop Alzheimer's. NEW things. In other words, you might think that working a crossword puzzle is good for your brain. It's not that it's BAD, but crosswords rely on retrieving stuff from long-term memory. You're not learning anything new to chock away into short-term memory.

So the way I figure it is that Farm Town is an excellent way to stave off Alzheimer's. Thank you devs for giving us new stuff to learn and keeping our brains youthful.

:::::: Said as she's still scratching her head trying to figure out this new chain :::::::

Farmer Squeak

• Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Dec 31 2017, 06:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Completed Quests and Co-op Quest numbers missing

Please note that you can still collect your farm cash when the button turns blue, but you will not see the totals at the bottom or in the Show Quests. This happens every year at this time to everyone. The developers have been informed. Please be patient until they can set it right.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Last edited by Taz D; Dec 31 2017 at 08:39 PM.
Old Dec 31 2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:

This happens every year at this time to everyone. The developers have been informed. Please be patient until they can set it right.
Thank you for posting this! You just saved me from freaking out about losing all of my quests! Happy New Year
Old Dec 31 2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:

Please note that you can still collect your farm cash when the button turns blue, but you will not see the totals at the bottom or in the Show Quests. This happens every year at this time to everyone. The developers have been informed. Please be patient until they can set it right.
Thank you for posting this...I sure hope they fix this soon as my co-op quests are due to be cashed out for 2 FC in less than 2 1/2 hours...
Old Dec 31 2017, 08:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjyhey3 View Post
Thank you for posting this...I sure hope they fix this soon as my co-op quests are due to be cashed out for 2 FC in less than 2 1/2 hours...
Hi bjyhey,
You can still cash them out when it is time. Even though you can't see the numbers, they are still there and will count.
Old Dec 31 2017, 10:06 PM

Smile

Quote:
Hi bjyhey,
You can still cash them out when it is time. Even though you can't see the numbers, they are still there and will count.
Thank you
Closed Thread