Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jan 16 2010, 12:30 AM

Why is this widespread problem not being fixed? I love this game, but I am getting timed out at my OWN farm. The avatar takes FOREVER to do anything, and forget about working for anybody (which was the fun of this game). She will harvest, s l o w l y, and then I have to wait for the points/coins to tally up. If i get to plow, the points/coins tally takes even longer!

I shouldn't have to go out and buy a new computer to play this game. Especially since it was working like top before the "updates".

And what's up with the social.pic script at the bottom of my page? There are two programs trying to load on my computer and it bogs me down even more. Is Farm Town trying to make money off tracking cookies and can't incorporate the scipts without blowing everything else out of whack?

I personally would like to hear something from Farm Town devs about this issues a lot of us are having.

I managed to get 8,000,000 coins with the system being broken (according to some players) and plenty of points. I wasn't one who tracked every plot I harvested or plowed. I wish you could roll back all updates to the opint where the game worked really, really well. I used to be very fast. Nothing has changed on my computer-just the game has changed. Now I dread going into Farm Town, it's just not fun anymore. If we need to get rid of our second farms, i would. I need to speed up my avatar. I really miss the old version of Farm Town. ROLL IT BACK!
Old Jan 16 2010, 12:44 AM

The developers are working on these problems - please continue reporting details so that they can focus in on what exactly is the problem (i.e. problem servers etc.).

Fair Field, as for the social.pic script - are you running other programs? Since FT takes up a lot of RAM it is best to run it by itself (especially for people with 1-3GB of RAM or less). Could it be that there are ads (placed by Facebook and MySpace - not Slashkey) running? If you are experiencing ads that are popping up when you are not clicking on them, we have an official thread to report that in as they are NOT allowed to do so. The only 'cookies' of sort would be what you have allowed (e.g. Facebook permissions etc).
Known Issues

Please Manually Link Your Facebook and/or MySpace Farm

Then Go Here: OFFICIAL THREADS
Help & Support
Suggestions

Please Read & Follow instructions in the first post as well as include the Server # in your post
(You can find this when you enter a new room - written in red)

Old Jan 16 2010, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenpinnana View Post
I know what you mean lol. That farmer guy who asks if you want to take a break and send gifts is a pain in the plow lol. Sometimes I get him every 15-20 minutes. It is always right after I have already sent gifts, or trying to water. It makes me feel like they want me to keep moving and get off of my farm like I'm there to long. Doesn't really matter because I will lose connection to the server after 10 minutes anyway if I'm suddenly idle.
I'm afraid I agree with this - I DO send gifts, and I DO tend to neighbours. I guess others need a reminder, but IT DRIVES ME NUTS !!!!!!!
Old Jan 16 2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corogirl View Post
Ditto....I am on WF 13 and just came home from my holidays on 13th Jan been away since 21 Dec and I cannot believe this is called an upgrade. I have never had any probs with Farmtown sunce starting on the 1st June 2009 but I am ready to give up. I miss plowing work if I have harvested, as it has all been done by the time I am released to plow. I have two farms and sometimes harvest and plow them myself, this used to take up to 3/4 hr to do both, including planting them up,now it is over 3HRS!!! Also what is with not being able to open messages while working?? I used to get a message from a neighbour who wanted me to harvest/plow and could message back instantly, now I have to wait for all the coins and harvest/plow to clear, before I can even open the message??
Thanks, I thought it was my imagine that I used to be able to answer a message from another farmer whilst working for someone else, but no longer, and yes, most annoying. I know they are glitches that are apparently being sorted, but in the meantime it makes us feel like giving up.
Old Jan 16 2010, 02:09 AM

Greetings all:

I too have been visited by the "reminder guy" way too many times.
The rest of the game freezes while he's making his entry and 1) boots me out of full screen and 2) today I have been booted out of the game so many times that I had to give up on doing work for others.
Who said farming is easy ???
Star
Old Jan 16 2010, 03:40 AM

I have a complaint about having to wait for coins and points to add on before you can accept plow job. Which means if you are a fast harvester and harvest more than others you can miss out on a plow job because all the slower harvesters have been hired before you because they don't have as many coins to add on.
Old Jan 16 2010, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeljane View Post
I have a complaint about having to wait for coins and points to add on before you can accept plow job. Which means if you are a fast harvester and harvest more than others you can miss out on a plow job because all the slower harvesters have been hired before you because they don't have as many coins to add on.
That is an exactly correct comment. It happens to me all the time, but there are probably those who would call it poetic justice because we have faster computers to play the game on.
Old Jan 16 2010, 05:08 AM

TO THE DEVELOPERS: I have been reading the forum for quite a few hours today and yes, I have added my small twopence worth here and there ...... BUT I want to add that I think YOU ARE DOING A FANTASTIC JOB and I don't think you deserve the bashing you appear to be getting. As I've said before IT IS A GAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. At the moment there are a couple of annoying issues, but mostly it is working okay most of the time, and from one who has been playing since March last year, the improvements since then are astronomical. THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=527697491

Last edited by HelenJS22; Jan 16 2010 at 05:10 AM. Reason: added link to Molly's Folly
Old Jan 16 2010, 07:12 AM

Default I think it's great

Except we need more levels...............
Old Jan 16 2010, 07:28 AM

I'm on wf26 today and am having very slow harvesting/plowing. It's not my computer, when I log on as another user, it's fine. I've posted before about the other servers that i've had problem on. Part of the time it appears to be keeping up, but then I save and it takes forever. I am not complaining, just reporting. I love this game and want it to be the best it can. I realize it is technically far above the other facebook games I play.
Closed Thread