Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Oct 03 2018, 09:58 PM

Default New Release -- October 3rd, 2018

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on October 25th, 6:30PM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes: En Español AQUI

1. 15 Halloween Items including 4 animated items: 5 as gift, 6 in the top of the Halloween category in the Store, and 4 at the bottom.

2. Next 5 expansions for Farm 37, see prices below:

24x24 - 31000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
26x26 - 31500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
28x28 - 32000000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
30x30 - 32500000000 coins or 25 FarmCash
32x32 - 33000000000 coins or 30 FarmCash

3. Increased delivery for most Semi-Trailer products:

Kevlar Fiber ----------> 50%
Hotdog Sausage -----> 40%
Leather Roll ----------> 40%
Yeast -----------------> 43%
Ham ------------------> 30%
Pork ------------------> 30%
Carbonated Water ---> 20%
Meat -----------------> 25%
Pepperoni ------------> 20%
Chicken --------------> 22%
Sausage Pack -------> 17%
Glycerol -------------> 20%
Lamb ----------------> 20%

4. 'Show Product Names' button in 'Show Work Info' screen: Located in the top left, below the colored legend, it will show the most common product present on each farm. When you mouse over each farm button it will show a tooltip with the 10 most common products present on that farm.

Plow Fields, Harvested Fields and Gone to Waste Fields will never be shown.

5. Purple Freestyle Farm Designer (FC): When you use this tool, it will show you a screen with the following options:

a) Edit items -> this is what the green hand currently does
b) Buy one item from the Store
c) Buy multiple items from the Store
d) Use item from your Storage

This will allow you to select items from the Store or Storage and overlap other items in your farm, without requiring to have physical space in the farm for the new item and without opening the Store every time.

Also, for an extra convenience, once you have selected the purple hand, you can click the Store icon to open the store and select another item to buy and place in the farm.

6. Neighbour Bar optimization: People with lots of neighbours were experiencing 3-6 seconds delay when loading the game, because of the avatars in the Neighbour Bar. We implemented an optimization that only loads the first 8 visible avatars. Only when you scroll through the neighbours the rest of the avatars are loaded, this will provide a better experience and better farm loading times.

Also, when changing farms, the chat is not opened and closed every time if you are alone on the farm.

7. Super Neighbours Improvements:

a) If you are working in a Super Neighbour farm, and the farm owner wanted a specific crop planted on that farm, when you open the store, you will only see that crop listed on the store
b) When working Super Neighbour farms you now have access to the Hide (closed eye) tool in the ToolBox
c) BugFix: When working Super Neighbour farms, when you have finished all the jobs in a farm where you are also hired to design, the Hand tool is not automatically selected

8. Other Bug Fixes:

a) BugFix: 'Show Work Info' sometimes showing Crops, Trees, Flowers or Fish ready to harvest when they were still growing
b) BugFix: If you hire someone to design while you are both on the farm at the same time, the green hand was never available to the designer, only the yellow hand
c) BugFix: The 'Too many facilities in farm...' warning message continue to appear even after deleting some of the facilities in the farm

9. Other Improvements released in the past 2-3 weeks:

a) Released a Chrome Browser Extension that will allow you to approve the Flash Player only once instead of every single time that you open your browser.
b) BugFix: Player names not showing in the Farmtown Wall Request and in the confirmation pages for Claim Bonus and Request Ingredients. Names continue to link to the user Facebook profiles.

10. New Bambusa Crop: The Bambusa will produce the Bamboo Shoots. The bambusa is technically a tree, but we are introducing it as a crop because it will only grow a little bit.

11. Upholstery Supplies Factory (Coins): Produces Upholstery Supplies.

Upholstery Tacks
Tack Lifter
Jute Webbing
Webbing Stretcher
Tacking Strip
Rawhide Mallet
Chair Caster Wheel
Staple Gun

12. House Construction Supplies (FC): Produces House Construction Supplies.

Crown Molding
Roof Vent
Concrete Screws
Electrical Wire
Septic Tank
Glass Wool Insulation
Multi-purpose Scaffold
Cement Mixer

13. Taiwanese Restaurant (FC): Produces Taiwanese Food.

Scallion Pancakes
Oyster Omelette
Taiwanese Hamburger
Beef Noodle Soup
Oyster Vermicelli
Minced Pork Rice
Giant Meat Dumplings
Taiwanese Shaved Snow

New products from other facilities: Condensed Milk in the Dairy Processing Plant, Steamed Bread in the Bakery and Sweet Chili Sauce in the Sauce and Condiments Factory.

There is also a new crop, the Bambusa, which produces Bamboo Shoots. The bambusa is technically a tree, but we are introducing it as a crop because it will only grow a little bit.

14. Furniture Repair Shop (Coins): Provides Furniture Repair Services and can be stocked with products from the Upholstery Supplies Factory.

15. Taste of Indonesia (FC): Provides Indonesia Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Indonesian Restaurant.

16. Taste of Mexico (FC): Provides Mexico Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Mexican Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

Post Release Updates - October 4th, 4:00PM

- Released the House Construction Supplies Facility.

Post Release Updates - October 17th, 12:30PM

- Released the Taiwanese Restaurant
- Released the Purple Freestyle Farm Designer. Please check point #5 above in the released thread as we have added new information.

Post Release Updates - October 24th, 5:30PM

- Added a new 'Rotate Items' to the purple hand so you can rotate a big number of items more quickly
- When using any Freestyle Farm Designer, including the yellow hand, when you mouse over an item the name of the item will show up on top
- If you disconnect from the mainframe to go offline, when you go back online, you will see an updated list of all avatars that are currently connected, this should work everywhere, farms, marketplace, etc
- Removed the black 'Loading...' message when scrolling through the neighbour list

Post Release Updates - October 25th, 6:30PM

- BugFix: Sometimes after loading a very populated farm with few empty spaces available, the Avatar was not visible at all. Moving forward, if we can't find an empty space to show the Avatar, we will force the avatar to appear on the lower corner of the farm. This bug was also making more difficult for users to see each others avatars on those farms.

Known Issues:

- None.

Last edited by Raul; Oct 25 2018 at 11:38 PM.
Old Oct 03 2018, 10:09 PM
Senior Moderator

I apologize to all who had posted here as I made a mistake and accidently deleted this thread. Raul restored it, but not you posts.
Thanks Raul.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 03 2018, 10:21 PM

Wow on the purple designer. I know lots of people will be happy with that!

SeaJay

The Gathering
Old Oct 03 2018, 10:26 PM

LOVED the Halloween decorations Specially the animated ones - I may or may not of gone a bit over board decorating my "home" farm

Just when I think I am finally all caught up and owned every single facility that took coins, y'all bring out more, just my luck LOL... now to go move stuff around some more and make more room - some of these facilities are way too big by the way, taking up way too much valuable land space - just my 2 cents -

I've not been plagued by any of those bugs - so didn't notice anything there fixed since I didn't have any of the issues

now back off to perhaps decorate some more .
Old Oct 03 2018, 10:44 PM

To Atvchick95,

If you get the green freestyle farm designer hand, you can layer your facilities and free up a TON of space, literally almost all of it. It's worth the investment!

Theresa
Old Oct 03 2018, 10:54 PM
Senior Moderator

To all, if you wish to make suggestions please post them in the Suggestiopns section where we organize them for the developers to see. You can't start an new thread there but you can reply to an existing one that fits your suggestion.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 05 2018, 03:23 PM

Default FC

May I ask why is there so many things needing FC now and the increase of FC is not available other then leveling up? I myself am so behind on facilities and services as I don't have the FC available to me.
Old Oct 05 2018, 03:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelConnor View Post
May I ask why is there so many things needing FC now and the increase of FC is not available other then leveling up? I myself am so behind on facilities and services as I don't have the FC available to me.
Hi RachaelConnor,
There are more ways to get FC other than leveling up. You can do the Co-operative Quests, the regular Quests, and the Neighborhood Chains Contest as they all offer FC for prizes if you meet the criteria for them.
Old Oct 14 2018, 09:09 AM

Smile

Thank you for all the wonderful news!
Old Oct 20 2018, 03:42 PM

But it does say we can take things out of storage to put on our farms. It shouldn't matter if we have our farms plowes normally, x3 or x9. If we can't take our things out of storage when we have a x9 farm then the freestyle hand isn't worth the $50
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Closed Thread