Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 28 2019, 04:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhelmboldt View Post
I can see my storage capacity is at 92%. What's the penalty if I hit 100% or attempt to go over 100%? Do I get a warning? How can I increase that kind of storage?

Just asking so I don't cause a crash! LOL
Hi bruhelmboldt,
You will not go over 100% as at that time you will have one of two possible things happen. Either some item in your storage will complete disappear or reduce to a very low amount. Or a harvest or product from a facility you are storing will not show in your storage.

You can not increase your harvests and products storage as it is a set length database and there is no increasing it except by the developers as they dfetermined the size of the database. The warning you get is the percentage you see in the storage at the top.

To help keep the amount down to less than 100% you need to sell off your non-ingredients regularly. If it is still climbing then you may need to sell off parts of those items you have a large amount showing.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 28 2019, 04:37 PM

OK thanks Taz. Now I find I'm playing a game of "Inventory Control" instead of farming. :^(

Hopefully there will be a way to increase crop/production storage like there there is with items. Just have to wait and see, I guess.

Last edited by bruhelmboldt; Dec 28 2019 at 05:50 PM.
Old Dec 28 2019, 09:37 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhelmboldt View Post
OK thanks Taz. Now I find I'm playing a game of "Inventory Control" instead of farming. :^(

Hopefully there will be a way to increase crop/production storage like there there is with items. Just have to wait and see, I guess.
we are in the same boat... lol..... constantly checking that percentage and wondering what to sell off. I am at the stage where its not worth while working others facility posts ...
Old Dec 28 2019, 09:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
we are in the same boat... lol..... constantly checking that percentage and wondering what to sell off. I am at the stage where its not worth while working others facility posts ...
Hi AUssie Rae,
What did you do before they added the percentage? The amount of storage you have is the same as it was before. All they did was add a way for you to see how close you were to the maximum. Nothing else about storage changed.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 28 2019, 10:26 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi AUssie Rae,
What did you do before they added the percentage? The amount of storage you have is the same as it was before. All they did was add a way for you to see how close you were to the maximum. Nothing else about storage changed.
I was in blissful ignorance before Taz, lol.. but now I know, its become a compulsive action every day to check the percentages... sometimes its better off no knowing, ha ha ha
Old Dec 29 2019, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
I was in blissful ignorance before Taz, lol.. but now I know, its become a compulsive action every day to check the percentages... sometimes its better off no knowing, ha ha ha
It's like they added this percentage thing that shows up now and is regularly seen by us. But there is not explanation as to what it really is. Seems like there are a lot of us that are interested/concerned/worried/curious or whatever about it. I have sold my non-ingredients and half of my animal and fish product inventory with no change in my percentage. The developers must know what it consist of... so why not just explain it and how to control it if needed? Give us some parameters and guidelines to the percentage. They stuck it out there for us to see... so why not give just a little explanation about it? Is that asking too much?
Old Dec 29 2019, 10:31 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjames79 View Post
It's like they added this percentage thing that shows up now and is regularly seen by us. But there is not explanation as to what it really is. Seems like there are a lot of us that are interested/concerned/worried/curious or whatever about it. I have sold my non-ingredients and half of my animal and fish product inventory with no change in my percentage. The developers must know what it consist of... so why not just explain it and how to control it if needed? Give us some parameters and guidelines to the percentage. They stuck it out there for us to see... so why not give just a little explanation about it? Is that asking too much?
Hi sjames,
What your maximum (100%) is varies depending on what you have stored. It is determined by a formula that has several variables so there is no way to say exactly what your maximum amount would be. It can be different for each individual's storage depending on what you have currently in your storage. So there is no way the developers or we can give you an exact amount that is your maximum.
The storage is saved in a flat database that has a specific number of spaces to record the storage of harvests and products. That means if you have only regular boxes of let's say tomatoes then it will take less of the space than if you had gift, regular and large boxes of tomatoes as each type requesire their own spaces. Also if your have 10,000 boxes of regular tomatoes then that amount takes 5 spaces to store the number, but if you use 1 box and it goes down to 9,999 then the amount of space needed is only 4 spaces. Both situations are different and will determine your maximum differently depending on how many spaces used by what it currently in your storage.
Old Dec 31 2019, 07:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Default Missing quests

Hi All,
The missing quests is something that happens each year at this time. We are aware of this problem and it will correct itself tomorrow. Your quests are still being counted toward the collection of Farm Cash even though you see all zeros in the chart. If you are due to collect in the next few hours the button will still turn blue for you and the quests counted toward your collection.

Edit to add: Looks like the Quests are back to normal now, so this thread is now open again. Please remember to only post about New Release items here. Thank you.

Last edited by Taz D; Jan 01 2020 at 09:26 PM.
Old Jan 02 2020, 05:02 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

We are aware there is a problem with the Neighbourhood Chains Contest (NCC) this week. No facilities are showing up for this weeks contest so no-one is able to participate at the moment.

We have notified the developers that there is a problem and we will have to wait for them to fix it.

Please do not post about it in this thread. This thread is for New Release items only!
Instead, keep an eye on last posts on the last pages of the following thread in Help and Support. We will update that when we have more information:
Neighborhood Chains Contest
Thank you!

We apologize for the inconvenience!

UPDATE : This issue has now been fixed by the developers!

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Last edited by Tiger; Jan 03 2020 at 04:21 AM.
Old Jan 02 2020, 11:21 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
The storage is saved in a flat database that has a specific number of spaces to record the storage of harvests and products. That means if you have only regular boxes of let's say tomatoes then it will take less of the space than if you had gift, regular and large boxes of tomatoes as each type requesire their own spaces. Also if your have 10,000 boxes of regular tomatoes then that amount takes 5 spaces to store the number, but if you use 1 box and it goes down to 9,999 then the amount of space needed is only 4 spaces. Both situations are different and will determine your maximum differently depending on how many spaces used by what it currently in your storage.
thank you so much for this information even though it's giving me nightmares of cobol (programming language), lol
Closed Thread