Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 10 2017, 08:19 AM

Default what work around with tabs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lila63 View Post
I agree, without the workaround of the tabs, I'm probably done with the ships. No one has 10 hours/24 to load one. And if a tool that is farmcash comes out, I may just be done with farmtown.
What have I missed, again?
Old Jan 10 2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Barbie View Post
What have I missed, again?

Hi Rugged Barbie

Please check the first post, first page of this thread. Yesterday Raul posted an update, thanks!
Old Jan 10 2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Can I just say that some players are having no problems with the ships now and do not feel helping a neighbour is a waste of time. The developers are spending many hours updating the ships functions at players request during a holiday time. Thank you for their efforts. I use the skip function when necessary (not very often) and most of my ships come back within 3 days. I get a massive amount of products from this exercise. Thank you neighbours for checking your seaport managers so diligently (as I do). If you do not want to do the ships then don't. Leave it for those who want to do it.
same here.... no problems that would get the panties in a bunch.

It takes me less time to help neighbors, even when there are 4 or 5 ships to load and send on their way, than it does to go from farm to farm.

10 clicks per ship is about 1-2 seconds of my time..... no big deal.

If ya like the ships... play them. If not, don't play them.

I also made a chart of the neighbors whose ports have been visited...and the time any of my ships were in port. After one week, I now know the very few who take way too long (1.5+days) or just don't help. The others, about 40 or so usually take anywhere from 1 minute to a couple hours, with only a few exceptions (overnight, etc).

Thanks Raul..... keep up the good work. If FC tools are introduced, I will evaluate them at that time for how they help my game, and not how they may or may not help someone else.
Old Jan 10 2017, 09:12 AM

Well I did not have any problems with my ships when using opening 10 tabs to prepare the containers of a ship for sailing. Like someone else said why should I now pay for a fc tool to be able to do what I was already doing, if one comes out. I am getting fewer ships at my port every day, and seeing on my page where people are putting ships in storage. If the developers want this ship thing to work they had better make the time less and not with a fc tool. I say get rid of the preparing time and the only one ship a day, and then put out fc tools to allow people to look at where all their ships are, people will buy that.

Farming since April 26 2009
Old Jan 10 2017, 09:27 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

It seems to me that some of the recent facilities have been larger than previous ones. I notice this with the realtor supplies factory and shop. When I try to place them on my farm they look incongruous next to the other facilities. Since I do care about how my farms look, could you please take care in the future to keep the facilities in scale with those already existing?
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jan 10 2017, 11:01 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom C View Post
I say get rid of the preparing time and the only one ship a day, and then put out fc tools to allow people to look at where all their ships are, people will buy that.
Good idea. And the players would feel less cheated that way, too.
Old Jan 10 2017, 11:02 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Just want to put my 2 cents in regarding the ships. I think that they are a great addition to my farms and they contribute a lot of the products that I was always running short of (wish they had included the Pearl Oysters). If you have it fully loaded and don't miss any ports, you do good on everything except the fish and Animal stuff. The BEST part about it is that they can be bought with Farm Coin instead of $$. I have learned to just relax and let them go out and earn some product for me. If it is at a port for more than 12 hours it is time to skip a port. As far as loading is concerned... I just set my phone timer for the minutes it requires and go and add another container if I am home. I don't worry about loading it up because I really only care about the Factory, Food, Fish, Liquid (inks) and crops, etc.
I am sure the developers will come up with a way to make $$ off these ships, but it is something you don't NEED to do. I have not upgraded a lot of the tools because the ones I have work for me. They are the maximum to where I want them to be.
So lets all just be neighborly and help the ones out that are doing the ships.... it is always appreciated!
Old Jan 10 2017, 11:04 AM

Default Design Compatability

>> It seems to me that some of the recent facilities have been larger than previous ones. I notice this with the realtor supplies factory and shop. When I try to place them on my farm they look incongruous next to the other facilities. Since I do care about how my farms look, could you please take care in the future to keep the facilities in scale with those already existing?

I strongly second that suggestion. So many of the related décor items share the same sizing problems.
Old Jan 10 2017, 12:54 PM
Account Not Linked

The ships are way too time consuming. No one has 10 hours to load a ship. This needs to be fixed. I have been playing Farmtown for over 9 years. The ships have made people frustrated and aggressive toward each other. I would have rather used farm cash to pay for the ships and been able to load all of them and move on.
Old Jan 10 2017, 01:31 PM

I am enjoying the ships and don't always get back to prepare a container each hour. However, we have 24 hours to prepare all of them. Even if they don't all get prepared, you can dispatch your ship anytime with whatever is prepared. After we can exchange the folks that do NOT do the ships for the ones that do, it should be smooth sailing. SHIP AHOY!!

And, THANK YOU, developers for the use of coins rather than Farm Cash! I like saving my Farm Cash for the new facilities.
Closed Thread