Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Jan 15 2017, 12:16 PM

I have been trying out the cargo ships. Preparing the containers takes too much time for those of us who don't/can't play 24 hours a day. So on my day off I spend most of yesterday afternoon, all evening, and a couple of hours this morning preparing containers. And when I dispatched the ship it wiped out all the work I did and I'm right back with that ship where I was yesterday. A lot of time and effort for nothing. Another issue is that you can't chose who you would like to send your ship to. I have neighbors who might play every 3rd or 4th day and some who don't play for a month at a time. To send my ship to there port is counterproductive. And yes I know we can skip them but then you forfeit product/coins. I am honestly thinking that the cargo ships aren't for me.
Old Jan 15 2017, 12:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladydiva0 View Post
Exactly, that's my point. The ports we skipped are recognized by the program and placed at the last port forcing us to stay out 7 days. I will put mine back in storage until it's more user freindly like the trains.
Hi ladydiva,
The program does not check to see who you skipped. Only thing it checks is to find the most recently active neighbors. If a neighbor you skip is active recently then they go on your list.
When they release the ability to exchange up to 10 on the list then you can remove that one.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 15 2017, 03:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
These two are not the least active, they are the ports I had to skip before my ships went into storage. I'm not a dummy I know how it suppose to work, the least active are your last ports but like I said they are not the least active but the only ports I had to skip. So like I said slashkey is putting the neighbors we SKIP at the bottom. My thought they want to SELL TOOLS !
When I said "least active," I meant the ones who help you the least. Isn't the port order based upon those who work our facilities, send us gifts, send our ships on their way, etc.? Well, if that's the case, skipping someone's port because they didn't send your ship on the way should put them lower down on your itinerary.
Old Jan 15 2017, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
When I said "least active," I meant the ones who help you the least. Isn't the port order based upon those who work our facilities, send us gifts, send our ships on their way, etc.? Well, if that's the case, skipping someone's port because they didn't send your ship on the way should put them lower down on your itinerary.
Geez, I stated my opinion in a general discussion and you want to keep debating. My ships are going back to storage. I'm done.

Last edited by ladydiva0; Jan 15 2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old Jan 15 2017, 07:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Gerz, I stated my opinion in a general discussion and you want to keep debating. My ships are going back to storage. I'm done.
Hmmm. I guess you don't see that I was agreeing with you. While I can't say it's deliberately done for the reasons you stated, I think it's been a no-brainer since the beginning that a FC tool would follow. I'm guessing it'll be something along the lines of a "Load All" button, being as they eliminated the ability to load all containers simultaneously in different tabs.

But as far as the itinerary goes, as Taz said, the ability to switch out ten ports is coming soon, so maybe you'll want to give the ships another go then.
Old Jan 16 2017, 03:29 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

"coming next week" its a bit like "the cheques in the mail" LOL
Old Jan 16 2017, 07:36 AM

it was good if we could choose the neighbours where the ships go, i had a neihgbour angry with me, telling me to stop sending my ships to her port, coz her farm is small and she doesnt know what my ships are geting out of her farm, i told her my ships dont get nothing from her farm but she gets 500coins for each container on the ship and i have no control to wish ports the ship goes, i told her the only thing i can do is if i m online and i see that the ship is on her port i will skip it but i to have no more trouble i just remove her from my neighbour
Old Jan 16 2017, 07:38 PM

Ships are not working. People who play every couple of months sends you a gift and then you are stuck with them. I am not sending out any more ships. People are frustrating.
Old Jan 17 2017, 07:53 PM

Why do we have to have non-friends ships arrive in our ports for us to boost? We cannot work a non-friend's farms so why do we have to bother with their ships? I followed the procedure to remove myself from their neighbor list but I STILL receive their ships time after time. ENOUGH!!!!!!
Old Jan 17 2017, 09:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNELLA View Post
Why do we have to have non-friends ships arrive in our ports for us to boost? We cannot work a non-friend's farms so why do we have to bother with their ships? I followed the procedure to remove myself from their neighbor list but I STILL receive their ships time after time. ENOUGH!!!!!!
Hi Pnella,
Are you sure you don't have this person still as a friend? You removed yourself from their neighbors list, but did you check to make sure you are not on their buddy list as well?
When you make changes like this it takes a while for those changes to take effect. There is also a possiblity that you were already on their itinerary for those ships before you removed yourself, so once they dispatch new ships then you should not be on their list.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.