Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Mar 29 2019, 11:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollypg View Post
I own the EX harvest 5x5 and the plow 16x16 solar powered. I have been trying to buy the EX harvest/plow 5x5 and I can't unlock it. HELP! Thanks
Hi Molly,
I moved your post to the subject thread about tools.
I have checked and you do have both required tools. When you try to buy the combine, have you clicked on the Unlock button to see where it takes you? If not do so and let us know what tool it takes you to. If you have tell us where it takes you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 30 2019, 07:23 AM

When I click the unlock, it is telling me I need to buy the harvest/plow 12x12, 14x14 and 16x16. I wonder if I buy these three tools will it tell me I need to also buy the 18x18 and the 20x20 ? Lots of fc !
Old Mar 30 2019, 07:26 AM

When I click on unlock, it takes me to the Harvest/plow 16x16, which means I will need to also buy the 12x12, 14x14 and 16x16.
Old Mar 30 2019, 07:57 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
When I click the unlock, it is telling me I need to buy the harvest/plow 12x12, 14x14 and 16x16. I wonder if I buy these three tools will it tell me I need to also buy the 18x18 and the 20x20 ? Lots of fc !
Quote:
When I click on unlock, it takes me to the Harvest/plow 16x16, which means I will need to also buy the 12x12, 14x14 and 16x16.
Hi mollypg,

To buy the EX tools you must first own all the relevant single layer tools up to 16x16 before you can by them.

As you want to buy the EX 5x5 Combine Harvest-Plow you must own all the relevant 16x16 tools and the ones before those. Which means all the harvest tools to 16x16, the plow tools to 16x16 and the Combine Harvest-Plow to 16x16

Please note: if you were to then go on to wanting the Combine Harvest-Plant Ex (5x5) you would also need the seeders up to 16x16 and the Seeder Ex (5 x 5) before you could buy it.

No you will not need to buy the 18x18 or 20x20 tools to get the EX tools.
Old Apr 01 2019, 09:08 AM
Account Not Linked

gan you ghange tools in your tool box, if you can how. when I hire people they can't use my boat
Old Apr 01 2019, 09:38 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill19042 View Post
gan you ghange tools in your tool box, if you can how. when I hire people they can't use my boat
Hi Bill,

Your post was moved to the English forum as you had posted in the Spanish forum. Your last post was answered, you will find it by clicking on the following link...
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...74#post6291874

To allow others to use your tools they must be in your item storage and you need to give them the permission in the window when you select what job you want them to do. If they have no fuel, you will also have to allow them to use your fuel so they can use the bigger tools. Coin tools can not be used by others when hired.

This is an example of a hiring window to show you where the options for allowing tools and fuel is...

Please take some time to learn how to find your posts on the forum. Replies to posts are usually just after the one you posted, further down the thread, or on the next page. Here's the link that will show you how to do that...
http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=594766

Last edited by Tiger; Apr 02 2019 at 08:07 AM.
Old Apr 01 2019, 09:36 PM

Not sure if this is a glitch, bug, or normal.

The Ex tools are NOT doing layers except the combines. The tree shakers, flower harvester, and chopper are not harvesting layers meaning I have to click three time or more to harvest layers?

I thought the purpose of the Ex tools was to cover layering?

This is when hired in the marketplace.
Old Apr 01 2019, 10:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Not sure if this is a glitch, bug, or normal.

The Ex tools are NOT doing layers except the combines. The tree shakers, flower harvester, and chopper are not harvesting layers meaning I have to click three time or more to harvest layers?

I thought the purpose of the Ex tools was to cover layering?

This is when hired in the marketplace.
Hi John,
The purpose of the EX tools is to harvest, plow and seed overlapped crop fields. When you are talking about the trees and flowers harvesters they will harvest either an area (extent mode) or highlighted amounts of trees or flowers determined by the size of the tool.

They do noit do layered trees or flowers as they are almost all capable of being set right next to each other. So a plow plot is 4 squares and that same 4 squares will hold 4 trees or flowers. I am not sure how you are layering them.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Apr 02 2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi John,
The purpose of the EX tools is to harvest, plow and seed overlapped crop fields. When you are talking about the trees and flowers harvesters they will harvest either an area (extent mode) or highlighted amounts of trees or flowers determined by the size of the tool.

They do not do layered trees or flowers as they are almost all capable of being set right next to each other. So a plow plot is 4 squares and that same 4 squares will hold 4 trees or flowers. I am not sure how you are layering them.
Hi Taz,

I'm not layering anything but when hired at the job marketplace I am finding trees and flowers layered and the EX tools only do one layer per click so doing multiple layers requires multiple clicks. The Extended Combines do all the layers in one click. So this is normal? Pain in the neck harvesting layered trees and flowers!

I really wish the developers had a way to eliminate all layering, LOL! I don't do it myself but many in the hiring marketplace do. I will not work layered crops unless they have the Ex Combine for me to use and I tell them that when I leave their farms because they don't.
Old Apr 02 2019, 01:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
Hi Taz,

I'm not layering anything but when hired at the job marketplace I am finding trees and flowers layered and the EX tools only do one layer per click so doing multiple layers requires multiple clicks. The Extended Combines do all the layers in one click. So this is normal? Pain in the neck harvesting layered trees and flowers!

I really wish the developers had a way to eliminate all layering, LOL! I don't do it myself but many in the hiring marketplace do. I will not work layered crops unless they have the Ex Combine for me to use and I tell them that when I leave their farms because they don't.
Hi John,
You may find trees layered on top of flowers on top of crops. The extent tools will work on overlapped items, but if something is planted in exactly the same spot as something else you will have to do those separately. They were designed to work overlapped items only. Make sure your tree shaker, log truck, or flower harvester are set to the Extend mode by clicking on the tool icon in the lower right hand corner and clicking on the Extent icon.

Last edited by Taz D; Apr 02 2019 at 11:48 AM.

Tags
clearing fields, fertilize, fuel, gifting machines, harvest all button, harvest/plow/sow, harvesting flowers, harvesting trees, lost fuel, manure, manure collector tool, manure spreader, mobile tower lookout, multiplanter, purple hand, refuel, tools, tools missing, tools missing when hired, tools not working