Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #631  
Old Oct 09 2018, 01:28 AM
atvchick95 atvchick95 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 06 2009
Posts: 24
Default

I'm a bit confused on the whole mobile sprinkler thing - I have 2 right now the White (maybe silver but looks white to me) it's "job" is to water all flowers at once

Then I have the Red one it's job is " Irrigate crops and flowers, plus it doubles growing speed" This one only lets me use it on farms that ALSO has flowers! Why having something state it does both Crops & Flowers if you have to have flowers on that farm as well? and is the "doubles growing speed" only for flowers or is it for the crops as well? I use it all the time on farms with flowers, and ones with flowers plus crops and I've never noticed it doubles my speed time - I'll just have to pay more attention to that I reckon

Also since these don't have sizes like the other tools (12x8, 3x3 etc) I wanted to get the green one next which says it's job is " Irrigates plants, Double growing speed, Extend gone to waste time" however it says it's Locked requires Mobile Sprinkler on farm or in storage .......... I have the white and red in my storage both labeled Mobile Sprinkler, Why's it telling me it's locked when I own 2 of what it requires?

Also reading through posts on this thread, I saw some state they Irrigate with one and water with another, How? If I use my Red Mobile Sprinkler it also waters my flowers. I can't use both it'll tell me "Flowers can only be watered once a day"

Last thing, If end up getting the purple one that Irrigates all farms at once, will it still double my growing speed too since I own the red one? Or say if I got the Green one 1st then the purple one, will it do all the green one does PLUS what the purple one is supposed to do? Same as with the Orange (may be brown) if I have it then get the purple will the purple also Irrigate the trees and double growing speed?

Essentially I guess my last question simply put would be when I upgrade the sprinkler does the upgraded one do all the one below it did PLUS what it is said to do, or only what it's said to do?
Reply With Quote
  #632  
Old Oct 09 2018, 01:45 AM
Taz D's Avatar
Taz D Taz D is offline
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 29 2010
Location: Ace, Tx
Posts: 22,414
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvchick95 View Post
I'm a bit confused on the whole mobile sprinkler thing - I have 2 right now the White (maybe silver but looks white to me) it's "job" is to water all flowers at once

Then I have the Red one it's job is " Irrigate crops and flowers, plus it doubles growing speed" This one only lets me use it on farms that ALSO has flowers! Why having something state it does both Crops & Flowers if you have to have flowers on that farm as well? and is the "doubles growing speed" only for flowers or is it for the crops as well? I use it all the time on farms with flowers, and ones with flowers plus crops and I've never noticed it doubles my speed time - I'll just have to pay more attention to that I reckon

Also since these don't have sizes like the other tools (12x8, 3x3 etc) I wanted to get the green one next which says it's job is " Irrigates plants, Double growing speed, Extend gone to waste time" however it says it's Locked requires Mobile Sprinkler on farm or in storage .......... I have the white and red in my storage both labeled Mobile Sprinkler, Why's it telling me it's locked when I own 2 of what it requires?

Also reading through posts on this thread, I saw some state they Irrigate with one and water with another, How? If I use my Red Mobile Sprinkler it also waters my flowers. I can't use both it'll tell me "Flowers can only be watered once a day"

Last thing, If end up getting the purple one that Irrigates all farms at once, will it still double my growing speed too since I own the red one? Or say if I got the Green one 1st then the purple one, will it do all the green one does PLUS what the purple one is supposed to do? Same as with the Orange (may be brown) if I have it then get the purple will the purple also Irrigate the trees and double growing speed?

Essentially I guess my last question simply put would be when I upgrade the sprinkler does the upgraded one do all the one below it did PLUS what it is said to do, or only what it's said to do?
Hi atvchick,
Please read the Game Guide chaper on Tools. The following post explains it very well:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...90#post5153290
First thing is the red sprinkler does flower and/or crops. You do not have to have flowers on the farm with your crops. The red sprinkler cuts the growth time in half. It does not double the time as that wouldn't make sense to make the growth time longer.
Each sprinkler does what the previous one did and adds more functions. This is why you will only see in your tool box the one for doing flowers only and what ever the highest one is that you own.
If you just want to water the flowers without cutting the growth time then you use the brown one. That can be used at any time. The others can only be used once every 20 hours.
__________________
Taz
Dubh Glais Estates
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Reply With Quote
  #633  
Old Oct 11 2018, 12:52 AM
atvchick95 atvchick95 is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 06 2009
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi atvchick,
Please read the Game Guide chaper on Tools. The following post explains it very well:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showth...90#post5153290
First thing is the red sprinkler does flower and/or crops. You do not have to have flowers on the farm with your crops. The red sprinkler cuts the growth time in half. It does not double the time as that wouldn't make sense to make the growth time longer.
Each sprinkler does what the previous one did and adds more functions. This is why you will only see in your tool box the one for doing flowers only and what ever the highest one is that you own.
If you just want to water the flowers without cutting the growth time then you use the brown one. That can be used at any time. The others can only be used once every 20 hours.
Sorry I meant Cuts not double - and I'm pretty sure I figured out where I was messing up and I'm glad to hear that the next one up from each one does what the previous one did. will help out when I finally do start upgrading those, then I'll just need to keep the highest one in my storage, along with the white/silver one that just does flowers, because if I recall if I take that one out, then I have to revert back to using the watering can to water other people's flowers and well I much prefer to do them all at once instead of in sections

But I did notice if I just use the red one , my flowers do get watered, but then when I hover over the farm name in the chart it'll only say the farm name then (F,W) but if I use the white one 1st, then the red one and hover over the farm then it has the farm name and then (F,W,I) .. Of course this may of just been a glitch on my end, I'll have to double check the next time I go to do my flowers and just use the red one on 1 farm of my flowers and use both on my 2nd farm of flowers and test it.

Thanks for the help
Reply With Quote
  #634  
Old Oct 18 2018, 05:44 PM
lburn11's Avatar
lburn11 lburn11 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 12 2015
Posts: 55
Default

I am having problems with the purple sprinkler. When I am watering all of my farms and everything is hidden, the sprinkler waters every farm EXCEPT farm 37. I have to go to farm 37, unhide everything and then water it. I have missed this in the past and crops either spoiled or didn't grow as fast as the other farms. It must be something was forgotten when slashkey added the last farm. Please check this out. Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #635  
Old Oct 18 2018, 06:14 PM
Tiger Laybourne's Avatar
Tiger Laybourne Tiger Laybourne is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 12 2010
Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Posts: 7,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburn11 View Post
I am having problems with the purple sprinkler. When I am watering all of my farms and everything is hidden, the sprinkler waters every farm EXCEPT farm 37. I have to go to farm 37, unhide everything and then water it. I have missed this in the past and crops either spoiled or didn't grow as fast as the other farms. It must be something was forgotten when slashkey added the last farm. Please check this out. Thank you.

Hi lburn11,

You need to have what you are irrigating showing on the farm you are on or this can happen every now and then. I would have thought you would want to show the crops anyway to check the irrigation took.

You can try clearing your memcache and see if that helps, but if it doesn't and you can reproduce this consistently you will need to report this to support.

To clear memcache Click Here. A window will open with a list of "unsetting", that is the memcache being cleared. Close that window and FT if you have it open in another window. Then reload and see if that fixes it the next time you irrigate.
Reply With Quote
  #636  
Old Oct 18 2018, 06:21 PM
lburn11's Avatar
lburn11 lburn11 is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 12 2015
Posts: 55
Default

I have been watering with everything hidden for a long time. I have never had it happen before. It is only happening on farm 37. If it was going to happen "at times" wouldn't it happen with other farms as well? Something doesn't seem right. I water immediately after planting. I just happened to go to the times tab to check fertilization times and saw that farm 37 wasn't watered. I also clear my memcache regularly so that isn't the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #637  
Old Oct 18 2018, 06:41 PM
Tiger Laybourne's Avatar
Tiger Laybourne Tiger Laybourne is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 12 2010
Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!
Posts: 7,150
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lburn11 View Post
I have been watering with everything hidden for a long time. I have never had it happen before. It is only happening on farm 37. If it was going to happen "at times" wouldn't it happen with other farms as well? Something doesn't seem right. I water immediately after planting. I just happened to go to the times tab to check fertilization times and saw that farm 37 wasn't watered. I also clear my memcache regularly so that isn't the problem.
Hi lburn11,

If this is happening to you every time you irrigate from farm 37 then please report this to support. To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Please be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/
You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
flowers, freezing flowers, gifts, mobile sprinkler, sprinkler, unfreezing flowers, watering

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36 PM.