Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
. . . does that mean that I load my Stone Windmill like always, then I send my train out so I don't have to use my Facilities Manager to store the flour for 7 days?
This just can't be right. If my Stone Windmill were in storage, I wouldn't be able to load it with the Facilities Manager (would I?). So maybe - does the train load your facility and also store everything? What if - say with the Stone Windmill one - what if I don't have any wheat in storage? What would my Stone Windmill boxcar do then?

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Jun 10 2012, 02:56 PM

Default a unneeded fc item for sure

looks like it works just like the semi trucks. over 7 days it fills up with the products in each locomotive. i agree i think the products loading are not needed, i never run out of those already. and if anyone wants to visit my farms they are at http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...0538&farm_ix=0

Last edited by Professor farmtown; Jun 10 2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old Jun 10 2012, 02:59 PM

I must be doing something wrong. The long cars in my store are marked "Locked". I have purchased the freight locomotive and have all the facilities in storage. Can anyone help me?
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:00 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by topmop View Post
I must be doing something wrong. The long cars in my store are marked "Locked". I have purchased the freight locomotive and have all the facilities in storage. Can anyone help me?
I had to refresh my farm to make them unlock.
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:03 PM

Well something is wrong with my freight train. I got it all hooked up on my Farm #3 ... I hit the "dispatch" and it went translucent ... but when you click on the Locomotive and then click "show train details" - it shows the following now on each one of the Boxcars - "Carrying - 0" "To Load (gives diff number for each boxcar)" "To Go: 140 markets 7 Days" ... I don't understand? Where is the amount each one is carrying? Does this go the opposite that the Semi-Truck does? Just wondering, I'm confused.
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:04 PM

So far I've figured that you have to buy the cars on the farms where the facility required is. after purchased you can move it to any farm. I do agree that the products listed are not the ones I run out of either!! I need the metals!!! But does this mean that the products listed are in addition to the products pending in the facility itself???
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jo View Post
I had to refresh my farm to make them unlock.
Thanks, that worked. Appreciate the help!!
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:05 PM

I just sent the flour, corn flour and coffee car on its way. If I'm right, what I see the advantage of this is I can get the above products without having to plant, harvest and mill wheat, corn or coffee. I also don't have to have the required facilities on a farm, I can keep one in storage and save space. I hope they add sugar to this car, it would be nice to take a few of the sugar factories off my farms and not have to plant sugar cane constantly.
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:06 PM

I think I am going to sleep on this one - I cant buy the Long one -door box car because I dont have the stone windmill on my current farm (6 most of the facilities) - no its on Farm 1 - and I cant move it because I have entered the best farm comp - and I cant put the freight train on there for the same reason.
Also I dont want to move it - it looks great on my Kentish Hop Farm! i dont really want to buy another either! Ditto the oil refinery on another farm. Hey maybe you could give us an "inert" stone windmill that isnt a facility???
But I relish the challenge devs - and I am going to enjoy working this out. Can see now why the new Facs are best left for a few days to let us all get used to this and see if there are any probs. Thanks for all your hard work.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jun 10 2012, 03:08 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Can anyone who has bought the Long 2 Door Freight cars confirm the quantity that they will receive when the train returns.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Closed Thread