Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Feb 28 2011, 01:15 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
Since they added the hire to plow option to the game some people have felt they where entitled to the plow job, which they are not, and have used every excuses in the book to justify their thinking. I have never felt that the harvester should automatically get the plowing job, sometimes I am on my farm and will hire them but more often then not I hire someone to harvest leave the game come back later and hire to plow. She said you where being rude by not thinking her and not hiring her to plow, she really needs to 1. get a life and 2. take a long hard look in the mirror because sending you that first messes telling you what to do on your farm was very rude on her part. I also have to disagree with the person saying that they are one of the few that do not beg for work in the mp. I have not seen that many beggars in mp in a long time, yes there are still a few but not as many as there used to be. I would bet that the person that you hired is one of the people that think that asking for any work in the mp no matter how nicely asked is begging.
I appreciate the support, and really needed to vent. The whole thing was so unexpected and mental and left me feeling highly annoyed. Why send people messages like that in a game?

Also, she won't let this go, I logged on now to find this message:

"Well there you go I polled the marketplace and you lost. 90% of then thought it was rude not to come back and thank the person doing the work and always rude that you do not ask them if they would like to plow!! Maybe you should do your farm yourself and let the game players play the game and still have fun with it "
Old Feb 28 2011, 01:52 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBee View Post
I appreciate the support, and really needed to vent. The whole thing was so unexpected and mental and left me feeling highly annoyed. Why send people messages like that in a game?

"Well there you go I polled the marketplace and you lost. 90% of then thought it was rude not to come back and thank the person doing the work and always rude that you do not ask them if they would like to plow!! Maybe you should do your farm yourself and let the game players play the game and still have fun with it "
That girl so needs to get a life. Even if I bought what she is saying, I do not care what 90% of the people think I play the game I want to play even if they do not like it. Do not respond to her and soon she will not have a way to contact you.

Visit Dolphin's Cove

My name is not Jason. Please call me JAS, if you like.
Old Mar 01 2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charo View Post
Farm Town isn't a race. There isn't a prize for having the most xp, or the most stuff. It is more like Seinfeld, except in the context of farming.

This is so far in my humble opinion, the awesomest quote on this forum.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Mar 01 2011, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottLanter View Post
I didn't say it was a race. I said it was competitive....like games are intended to be. And, nobody can stop another player from leveling, as there are always jobs to be had in the marketplace. If some players choose not to purchase Farm Cash and obtain the 4X4 equipment, that is entirely their choiice. But, as one who did make that investment to enhance my game playing, I will utilize the 4X4 equipment to their maximum. The farmer who hires me is wanting the job done so he/she can plant. I won't keep them waiting. After all, they're competing against their neighbors, and time means money for them.
Time means money at my job. And also on World of Warcraft, but only because the Goblins in Durotar say exactly that ("Time is money, friennnnnd!").

Dude, seriously. Lighten up. This isn't Unreal Tournament, World of Warcraft, laser tag or Team Fortress 2. And I've played all those except laser tag :P

I'm not competing against my neighbors.

I don't choose to make this game non-competitive, other CHOOSE to make it comeptptive. There is no prize for being on the top of your friends' ladders other than the bragging rights of being there. There is no prize for having 8 fully expanded farms in a week. There's no prizes dished out for having 50 facilities at max 24/7. If I could quit my job, I could do all that, but who cares? I'm not getting any bouses getting through the game faster.

If anything, this is one of the most cooperative games on Facebook, without the constant begging so many other games demand.

Also, at least I have a couple more expansions to get when I DO hit 185 because they are so expensive. I would positively see no point of putting as much concern into this game if I already had all my farms decorated and expanded, was at level cap, and had so much stuff in storage the servers exploded.

And to be in such a hurry as to get to end game in a few hours' time, then have nothing to do!? OMG, twice as boring. Why would I put money into a game that has no awards for this?

If anything, that'd be really, really boring for me.

So go give yourself a few more grey hairs over this game.

Visit my main farms,The Farms at ShortBerry!
Also check out Coal Patch Woods, my mom's farms, of which I am general manager. (It features farming on a budget...NO purchased Farm Cash with this farm!)
Old Mar 01 2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazza View Post
Is this the thread where we are to now start discussing the practise of hiring to plow on layered farms?

I am not so concerned about stopping the hiring to endless plow...but it was handy having the thread open before to send people to learn about how to layer crops....I hire people to harvest and some of them are amazed about my new crops underneath and I would like to still be able to send them to the forum for distinct instructions on how to do this.
Farm Town does not encourage layering fields
Old Mar 01 2011, 12:01 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyBee View Post

I doubt very much if more then one or two people even answered her. If I'm not thanked for harvesting someones field; so what. It's no big deal. As the person harvesting I feel I should thank them for the coins and the crops. Jas is right this person seriously needs to get a life.
Old Mar 01 2011, 12:10 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I just got hired to work for someone. i said thank you and they never said youre welcome. how rude! Im going to stop saying thank you if ppl wont reply with youre welcome.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 01 2011, 01:11 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythonis View Post
I just got hired to work for someone. i said thank you and they never said youre welcome. how rude! Im going to stop saying thank you if ppl wont reply with youre welcome.
Your welcome I said it for them
Old Mar 01 2011, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Here's what I do. Whenever I get hired to harvest and get to their farm, if they came along (which only happens about half the time) I say; "thanks." If I get a reply I will offer to plow. If there is no answer, as soon as I'm done I leave. I really don't care either way, that's just how I handle it.
Old Mar 01 2011, 06:21 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Send a message via Yahoo to lcswdonna

Quote:
Here are some reasons they may not respond:

They may not speak English, I harvest and plow for a woman who speaks almost none, she looks for me in her buddy list as others think she is rude when she doesn't respond.

They are working in full screen mode, cannot see the chat bar.

They are not even at the computer; bathroom break, food break, let the dog in/out, put wood on the fire, take care of a screaming 2 year old, etc. The avatar stays put but no one is really there to read the chat bar.

They have a culture different than yours, even if they are in the same country. You are using your cultural norms to define rudeness.

They are on another open window working on a different farm in offline mode. I do this one often, especially if I am planting another field while you prepare the next one.

Just some random thoughts. I always say thanks, that is my culture. If they are not there at all, I do it through a message. If they do not respond, it is my choice to not overreact and think poorly of them. BTW I have been hired back off thank-you messages that I have left.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20