Old Nov 10 2010, 08:17 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi, if you go to the store and click on the facilities tab beside each facility is a green box with a question mark in it. If you click on the green box it tells you what it makes.
Not ingredients but rather which other facilities are needed to actually finish all the steps to get the most money for your time. For instance to get the "smell good" products it takes oil pump + refinery + essential oils facility + perfume facility etc, etc, etc.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 10 2010, 08:26 PM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
I have a couple of staggered fields too, and I find this works perfectly with the harvester and seeder (I'm using 3x3), but the plowing doesn't catch all the staggered fields. Still, 2 out of 3 is better than nothing!
Same with my irregular plots. Found, though, that the 3.3 plow sometimes plows adjacent land (not a field), but no problem. If I son't want a plot there, I simply delete it.
Old Nov 10 2010, 08:29 PM

Level:
XP:

Somewhat thinking the same way. Though if there is some day to be a #8, I might use it to play with design concepts, just try things out for the fun of it for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobcatTchai View Post
I reckon Farm 7 will be the last one I'll upgrade to. Lucky 7 seems about right for me, and in truth I can't see myself finding enough hours in any given day to manage more. I have all but one of the facilities offered thus far, and for a mere mortal like myself time and energy won't stretch much further. The FC tools offered by the devs have been an enormous bonus though, in time saving terms - the fertilizer, fishing boat, tree shaker etc have enabled me to stay on top of daily Farm Town duties

I'll leave the level jumping and humungous bank balances to the more 'committed'. From now on it'll be about managing and enjoying what I've got in terms of acreage (though I won't be able to resist buying more facilities), playing around with some design stuff, and looking forward to whatever new and interesting facilities and holiday releases come round courtesy of the developers continued hard work.
Old Nov 10 2010, 09:06 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by confetti_kitten1980 View Post
Im not finding the New, smaller version of the Oil Refinery... where can I buy this?

From page 1:

http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373794

4. New, smaller version of the Oil Refinery: Use the 'Switch View' option from the item menu.
Old Nov 10 2010, 09:44 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Sure seems like less and less farmers want to really "work" this game anymore.

Gimme.... faster growing crops
Gimme.... bigger yield and less requirements to use for products
Gimme.... more facilities that produce more coin (but make it cheap)
Gimme.... more FarmCash to make game money (heck with dev's real needs)
Gimme.... bigger farms really cheap and let me make huge coin amounts
Gimme.... tools that do all the work with just one click
Gimme.... bigger inventory limits for more stuff I probably won't ever use
Gimme.... more farms so I can buy every facility and stock them totally
Gimme.... faster response time and no need to clear cache etc
Gimme.... more levels - every week might make me happy
Gimme.... more seasonal stuff so I can not have the room to put it all
Gimme.... all the hard stuff as gifts even though I don't have many neighbors
Gimme
Gimme

Gimme.... a break

Yep, I would certainly like to have 3 more farms at once... that would keep me busy for a few days.
Yep, I would like more levels if they were accompanied by lots of "stuff" that I could spend my billions on,
Yep, I would like lot of things .....

But the reality is that the developers ARE getting us better and bigger enhancements with less and less time between releases. I just wonder if I will still be playing in one year when I am at level 675, and have 24 farms to manage ..... and am producing everything including bubble gum and paperclips.

For now.... I enjoy some remodeling, some variety in facilities, some buying and selling and some time spent helping a neighbor or a total stranger with tips I have learned to make the game even more enjoyable.

Gimme more of that and I am satisfied.

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Costaplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Wurthdawait

You nailed it! I totally agree with all you said.
Old Nov 11 2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW170 View Post
Somewhat thinking the same way. Though if there is some day to be a #8, I might use it to play with design concepts, just try things out for the fun of it for a while.
I used farms 5 and 6 to simpify things. I moved all my trees to farm 5 to make them easier to harvest (couldn't use the shaker from storage at that time), moved all my facilities to farm 6 to keep from moving around loading them up and my intention for farm 7 is to move all my animals there. That way I can do all my milking, etc., with one click. There will be hundreds of animals outside the buildings (slowing things up) but I won't be doing anything else there. Farm 8??, don't even want to think about it, maybe just fishing.
Old Nov 11 2010, 10:34 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fritz View Post
You nailed it! I totally agree with all you said.
I agree too. Releasing 3 farms at one time is way too many! The developers are doing a great job keeping it interesting and new!
Old Nov 11 2010, 03:20 PM

Oh Great Devs in cyberspace, please we beg of you to stop this torture. We want Farm 7, we want more levels, we want ... we want ... we want ... we want ...

... and yes I am whining, so could you send me some cheese and crackers to go with my whine?
Old Nov 11 2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marwahr View Post
Oh Great Devs in cyberspace, please we beg of you to stop this torture. We want Farm 7, we want more levels, we want ... we want ... we want ... we want ...

... and yes I am whining, so could you send me some cheese and crackers to go with my whine?
I think we're all well into the whining stage now. I can usually handle two weeks after an update - getting myself used to new facilities, adding new items to farms, growing the new ingredients takes some time.

After two weeks...WHIIIIINEEEE!!!!!
Old Nov 11 2010, 04:11 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to bamagirl

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks ago we got the last upgrade, not counting the release of the old Thanksgiving decorations, still waiting for farm 7, and will keep waiting just like I did for the release of the flowers when I first started playing, I am addicted to Farm Town an will be for along time yet, Happy Farming all .

(level 650+)
Started playing May 9, 2009
Closed Thread