Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 07 2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
Just a note...you can move around Farmtown as much as you want...if there is work for your avatar to finish, just click on another farm, a friend's farm or the marketplace...when you come back, even immediately, all work is finished. I do it all the time (harvesting 6k flowers on one farm almost requires it!) and have never had an issue.

If you are going to leave the game entirely, then you will want to wait for her to finish or for the "pending changes saved" message. And of course, if you loose your internet connection while she is finishing up you will loose that work.
Hi, you can certainly do that, but if you wait for the pending changes saved message (only takes a couple of seconds) you know that your work has been saved. Just a thought
Old Oct 07 2010, 06:21 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyD View Post
If you look in the store under tools..... i believe the first seeder and harvester are solar powered.. they only seed 2 x's faster than doing it manually.... where as the ones that do it 4x and more faster do require fuel.....they are cool looking too ..... well i think they are.....can a moderator check on what i am saying?? to be sure i am correct.....before someone yells at me that i am dumb lol lol
Only the plow is solar. All the harvestsers and seeders use gas.
(even the small seeder that doesnt even have a motor because its a
push cart with handlebars. WTH?)
Old Oct 07 2010, 06:25 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaSue View Post
It is cool stuff. I guess alot of people want to have tons of facilities. For me, it takes too much time doing all those facilities and really, I am not interested in a coin facility that doesn't make much profit. I guess I am alittle confused on people wanting more and more facilities and more and more farms. When I do my 5 farms it takes alot of time. Is there something I am missing here? Finding people to work the farms I have is time consuming now. I am considering only planting what I have fuel to do with my own equipment and not hiring from the market place. That would probably save alot of time, but really, it would be nice to maybe add a new direction. The facilities I see on farms, not always, but most the time do not make a pretty farm. They tend to be cluttered all together, not the nice easy going farm life. How about a horse farm, or cow farm, with lots of breeds and the ability to raise young and sell them?

6 farms is plenty for me, too. I wouldnt have time to mess with another one.
HOWEVER, I would still love a 7th farm because this time i'de just use it to finnaly buy a big house and roads and decorations etc. Just a show farm - no planting...
Old Oct 07 2010, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by debsweb3 View Post
1. When will we be able to bring our tools to someone else's farm so we can use them when we are chopping or harvesting or fishing their farms? I got the tree harvester and the truck logger and the fishing boat for my birthday presents from a FarmTown friend but I can only use them on my own farms -

2. Will you make it so that we can please BUY WALNUT TREES? People playing FT now are not gift givers - everyone is so busy with all the facilities and growing what they need to supply them that they are no longer taking the time to send gifts - I need walnut trees for my ink factory and I would like to be able to buy them like we can the pine trees or oak trees -

HELP - thanks!!

1- That is the purpose of the tool enhancements.... to make it easier for you to farm your own farm. If it was good for everyone's, then there is no incentive for your neighbors to work - they can get you to do it and save the FT$$. This is true with the watering tool. Why buy one if my neighbors will visit and quickly do it for me and get the points (which most of them don't even need)

2- My top 15 or so neighbors are all at 135 with 200 to 600 million. I only have about 50 neighbors, but I get about 70 gifts a day.... and the most reliable are the ones at level 120 and up. Personally I hope that they don't "gift" stuff that had to be bought..........or allow to buy stuff that used to be gifted. The "gift" of tomatoes was kinda silly. With the high numbers of tomatoes needed, a farmer would need 200+ gifting neighbors to be happy.

Find neighbors who have lots of walnut trees and ask them to let you harvest them.

I guess it all is a somewhat vicious circle... get one thing, then ya gotta get something else to make it work better, then something else to make that work better..... and on ... and on ... and on. I hear that about real things every day

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Costaplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu
Nopicky-Nomoney
Iowna Lotaland
Wurthdawait

Old Oct 07 2010, 07:10 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd View Post
What makes you think we will get more decorations?
Read the first post!
Old Oct 07 2010, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Duck Goose View Post
6 farms is plenty for me, too. I wouldnt have time to mess with another one.
HOWEVER, I would still love a 7th farm because this time i'de just use it to finnaly buy a big house and roads and decorations etc. Just a show farm - no planting...
Of my 6 farms only 4 grow crops. Farm 5 is all trees for harvesting and farm 6 is a town with almost all the facilities. If there is a farm 7 it will be for just animals. Since there will be several hundred outside of buildings I'm not putting anything else there. It will make collecting milk, eggs, etc., much easier. Farm 8???, well I'm thinking just trees for chopping down.

Love the new tools!!
Old Oct 07 2010, 08:22 PM

maybe it's because with every update, there are always 'bugs', but this game seems to be running slower the last day or so than it was before... is there a server busted somewhere, that nobody's doing anything about???

"Do, or do not; there is no try." (Yoda)

A house is not a home without a cat.
Old Oct 07 2010, 09:17 PM

I've just done a quick search, but still not sure where to put this. I've just harvested one of my own farms because I needed to be really quick, but no matter which harvesting tool I used it kept coming up with the 'harvest and sell/harvest and store' box without giving me the option to keep this choice going over the whole farm. Most annoying and has only happened since buying the big blue harvester. Is there a new glitch causing this? I ended up having to quickly hire someone because I was even being asked to click on 'harvest and sell or harvest and store' with every single plot when I tried to do it with the single harvester.

Old Oct 07 2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelenJS22 View Post
I've just done a quick search, but still not sure where to put this. I've just harvested one of my own farms because I needed to be really quick, but no matter which harvesting tool I used it kept coming up with the 'harvest and sell/harvest and store' box without giving me the option to keep this choice going over the whole farm. Most annoying and has only happened since buying the big blue harvester. Is there a new glitch causing this? I ended up having to quickly hire someone because I was even being asked to click on 'harvest and sell or harvest and store' with every single plot when I tried to do it with the single harvester.
Hi H, when you first select one of the options (harvest to Sell or store) you should have got a pop-up asking if you wanted to use this option for the rest of the session, if you do not select yes it will continue to ask "do you want to harvest to sell/store" every time you harvest something.

The easiest way to solve this is to close the game and reload it.

Could this be the problem ?
Old Oct 07 2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Hi H, when you first select one of the options (harvest to Sell or store) you should have got a pop-up asking if you wanted to use this option for the rest of the session, if you do not select yes it will continue to ask "do you want to harvest to sell/store" every time you harvest something.

The easiest way to solve this is to close the game and reload it.

Could this be the problem ?
Thanks Tony, yep I'm aware of what should happen, and I tried it with all my harvesting options, and also shut down the farm and reopened it because that would normally work, but for some reason it wouldn't give me that option this time. Most unusual, and I don't have another farm due to harvest quite yet to test again. Cache is cleared etc. and I normally have none of the problems I read of in here.

I've set a reminder and I'll give it another try when the next farm falls due to be harvested. I'll let you know.

Hi Ho, hi ho ..... back to the real world I go

Closed Thread