Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 12 2011, 11:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Default Decorations

Decorations

This thread is for players to ask questions and report problems with decorations items only.

Some Animated decorations have not been finished yet. Some are just static versions until they can be completed.

Rain and some of the Halloween seasonal fogs and webs - Be careful when you place items like these that can be partially seen through. As they are semi-transparent, they are harder to highlight when you want to move store or delete them, especially if you overlap them or have items underneath them. When you mouse over them it can highlight what is underneath them rather than the item you want. When you mouse over them you need to be patient and go very slow and it will highlight in yellow when you find the right spot.
If you are having difficulties try these methods:
  • If you have placed too many decorations in the same area and have a hard time highlighting it, try hiding everything else on that farm that is not in that category (eg décor or Halloween), refresh or reload the farm and try again.

• If the item it's highlighting is not the one you want to highlight, try moving the one it is highlighting to another clear spot on your farm, then try highlighting the one you want and then refresh/reload the farm to move the other item back again.

• If you still can't highlight it and you own the Tower crane or Excavator and you just want to clear all of the items on the same category from the farm perhaps to complexly redesign it you can use those tools to click on a different item to store or delete them. Remember the Excavator deletes it does not store so consider that when it's seasonal items that are only available once a year.

Questions often asked are:

Q: I can't find what I am looking for in the Store.
A: If you can't find a decoration in the store, consider whether it is a seasonal Item that may only be available once a year. Try using the search tool top right of the Store to find it.

Q: I can't find the decoration I am looking for on my farm?
A: Make sure you are showing the appropriate item in your game preferences. The item may be seasonal or a building/tool rather than a facility. Use the search tool in your tool box to help you, some items may be smaller and behind a bigger item where you can't see it easily.

Q: Where are all the different ground covers?
A: All except for the Snow Cover, are at the very bottom of the Paths/Ground section of the store. Use the scroll bar to scroll the list to the very end and then work your way up from there to see them all.

Q: Where is the Snow Ground Cover?
A: It's in the Winter section of the store. The quickest way to find it is to use the search box at the top of the store and start typing Snow Cover into the box. It will pop up into view.

Q: How do I change a ground cover?
A: You just buy a different one and it will replace the current one with the one you bought.

Q: I bought the Grass with Guidelines that cost Farm Cash, if I change the ground cover will I be charged Farm Cash to use it again or on a differnt farm?
A: The Grass with Guidelines is a one time Farm Cash purchase. After the initial purchase with Farm Cash it can be used as many times as you like and on as many farms as you want. If you change the ground cover or want to use it on other farms it costs the same as any other ground cover, 100 coins.

Any off topic posts will be removed by a moderator without notice to the user.

To make a suggestion for a new decoration post in Decorations for the farm

Last edited by Tiger; Aug 28 2023 at 04:28 PM.
Old Mar 09 2021, 10:43 PM

Default slashkey error 142

I have been trying to add snow clouds to my farm
i can do so many then the site comes up with a slashkey error message and then the game freezes

Also when working on other peoples facilities and clients i find that each one is done twice - the first one gives you the amounts that you receive and almost instantly it comes up with oops you have already worked these facilities today before moving onto the next one - this takes up a lot of time
Old Mar 09 2021, 10:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella_fant@hotmail.com View Post
I have been trying to add snow clouds to my farm
i can do so many then the site comes up with a slashkey error message and then the game freezes

Also when working on other peoples facilities and clients i find that each one is done twice - the first one gives you the amounts that you receive and almost instantly it comes up with oops you have already worked these facilities today before moving onto the next one - this takes up a lot of time
Hi ella_fant,
I moved your post to the subject thread about decorations since that is your first question. There are problems with the floating decorations that the developers are aware of. They have not had time to work on this so it is best not to try working with them currently.

Are you using an automatic clicker? If so then it may be clicking too fast and getting the same area twice.

If not then it could be your mouse may need a new battery or to be replaced. I have had a mouse do this to me and it was a case of the left mouse button wearing out and clicking twice on me.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 02 2021, 01:11 PM

Default decorations stuck on Farm

on Farm 1 i have a Christmas pig unable to click on to take out delete or anything for years. on Farm 17 ive a pair of arms from an old Halloween ghoul decoration that is permanently stuck there, took it out to delete to empty my mail box and it glitched just the arms show and its been like that since. my Id# 1228438011 thankyou if you could help
Old Jul 02 2021, 01:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherriM View Post
on Farm 1 i have a Christmas pig unable to click on to take out delete or anything for years. on Farm 17 ive a pair of arms from an old Halloween ghoul decoration that is permanently stuck there, took it out to delete to empty my mail box and it glitched just the arms show and its been like that since. my Id# 1228438011 thankyou if you could help
Hi SherriM,
I moved your post to the subject thread about decorations.
For the pig try hiding everything on the farm except seasonal decorations. Then try to highlight the pig and sell it.

For the partial ghoul on farm 17, and the pig if you can't highlight it, you will need to contact Support about those as we don't have any way to remove them for you.

To contact Support click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.
http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

If you are having a problem getting responses from Support please read the information in the following link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644366
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 18 2021, 11:00 PM

Hi there, hope I am posting this in the right place. My ID number is: 1226278369 and my farm number 29 has had rain stuck on there for months. I've tried everything but for some reason it won't budge nor can I click on it. My little people are drowning. LOL All help appreciated.
Old Oct 18 2021, 11:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
Hi there, hope I am posting this in the right place. My ID number is: 1226278369 and my farm number 29 has had rain stuck on there for months. I've tried everything but for some reason it won't budge nor can I click on it. My little people are drowning. LOL All help appreciated.
Hi AussieGecko,
The developers are aware of this. They fixed all the others like it except the rain for the previous release. Hopefully they will fix the rain soon as well.
Old Oct 20 2021, 06:24 PM

Thanks Taz for the reply. I reckon they have their hands full right now so I'm not worried. Have a great day.
Old Oct 21 2021, 04:25 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieGecko View Post
Thanks Taz for the reply. I reckon they have their hands full right now so I'm not worried. Have a great day.
Hi AussieGecko,

The devs have now changed the rain so it has a cloud on top if it to make it easier to highlight. You'll have to go have a look at it to see if it's still suitable for the design of your farm.

It's no good for the way I have designed a few of mine so I will be taking them off. What a shame.

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Nov 15 2021, 10:07 PM

Default Ground Cover

I cannot find the white ground cover. It was in winter and I used it for a farm. The next day it was gone. I looked in paths at the other backgrounds but now snow background. It is the one that sells for 100.00 Am I blind?

Tags
buildings, decorations, fences, grid lines, ground cover, paths, red squares, seasonal, snow cover, winter