Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Nov 19 2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Did this one happen? I don't see them as gifts - are they in the store instead? Or maybe tomorrow still means tomorrow???
i read somewhere a mod said these items were put on hold to work on bugs/glitches
Old Nov 19 2010, 10:18 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayGee View Post
In response to those who think it is unfair for people to use the 4X4 machinery on other people's farms, I say that it is not the employee at fault here, it is the farmer who hires more than one person to harvest or plow a farm. Honestly, even if the employee is not using the machinery, how long can it take to harvest/plow a complete farm? It is probably more often the people at lower levels who need the coins and xp who have not purchased the large machinery yet. I think this should be part of an unspoken etiquette, to hire one person per farm, unless the devs can come up with a way to only allow someone to hire one person per job. They act like they're going to lose real money if it takes longer than a minute or two to harvest or plow. Come on, people, it's a game!

Claps, and gives a standing ovation....

Thou shalt not hire more than 1 person to work the same farm, as no one makes any money or points this way.
If you must hire more than 1 because you dont have time to wait for just 1 person, then do it yourself or wait untill you have more time
Old Nov 19 2010, 10:33 AM
Account Not Linked

Has anyone noticed that when working for somebody else the farm name covers the chat area or i am missing something?
Old Nov 19 2010, 10:39 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrles66 View Post
Has anyone noticed that when working for somebody else the farm name covers the chat area or i am missing something?
Try right clicking the farm screen and selecting "show all" and making sure that your browser wasn't zoomed in and is at 100% right above your clock
Old Nov 19 2010, 01:26 PM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkiesmum View Post
I so agree with this the power tools should only be allowed on own farms. Its just not fair on those that cant afford money to buy the powered tools.......they should be able to buy with coins or Farm cash.
LIFE IS NOT FAIR, I think the new power tools had a whole new aspect to this game. Christmas is coming ask your family for farm cash....When I work a farm I always look to see if someone else has been hired if so I take half or a third etc of the work and leave the rest for the others, and I use the new power tools....Just enjoy the game and work with what you have

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 19 2010, 02:34 PM
Account Not Linked

Wink Oops...

[quote=StoneFace;4155546]WHAT ??

This is not real money?? Oh crop! What have I been working so hard for?

Um....are you also aware that there is no Easter Bunny?
Old Nov 19 2010, 02:36 PM

I usually hire just 1 person. Doesn't make any sense to hire more since it doesn't help anyone. And most people got way too picky anyways when you try to hire them. That's why I prefer to hire neighbours if possible.
Old Nov 19 2010, 03:03 PM

I would suggest that if people are allowed to plow/harvest with the "bought" tools, then perhaps you will lose game players. My view...this is like cheating and not everyone has equal opportunity when more than one person is hired to work a farm. If you will allow those of us to use our own tools that we can afford, then perhaps it could be a challenge. If you continue to allow people to use their bought tools, you will not have as many playing the game. Thanks.
Old Nov 19 2010, 03:05 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♫~♥~JoJo~♥~♫ View Post
I would suggest that if people are allowed to plow/harvest with the "bought" tools, then perhaps you will lose game players. My view...this is like cheating and not everyone has equal opportunity when more than one person is hired to work a farm. If you will allow those of us to use our own tools that we can afford, then perhaps it could be a challenge. If you continue to allow people to use their bought tools, you will not have as many playing the game. Thanks.
How on earth is it cheating if you buy the tools yourself?!?!?!?!?

The developers made it that way so it is not cheating. You don't know that players will quit...I know that many people actually went and bought the tools because of the change.
Old Nov 19 2010, 03:28 PM

[quote=KayGee;4159050]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
WHAT ??

This is not real money?? Oh crop! What have I been working so hard for?

Um....are you also aware that there is no Easter Bunny?

Stop that.... you are crushing by liddle biddy 64 year old heart.

Original Set of Farms
Ache-n-back Acres
Ranchito Knotso Grande
Costaplenty Plantation
More Wine, Less Whine
Plantopia
Fattoria Sesto
YoursTillTheOne

Had to build a second set too....lol
Weed-em N-Reap Acres
Garden of Weed’n
Dave’s Ja Vu