Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Mar 21 2018, 05:51 PM

Default New Release -- March 21st, 2018

See Known Issues, More Information and Post Release Updates at the end of this post. Last changes released on April 11th, 7:30AM.

Hi There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following new features: En Español AQUI

1. St. Patrick and Easter items (released in the past weeks)

2. 46 x 46 farm expansion for the first 10 farms: The price is 30 Billion coins or 30 Farm Cash.

Note: With the optimizations we released last year bigger farms perform good enough even on old computers and even better if the farm contains lots of duplicated items.

3. Reuse previous itinerary for a new Ship: When you start preparing a ship there is a new 'Reuse Last Itinerary' button in the 'Ships Logbook' tab that will allow you to reuse the itinerary from the last dispatched ship. This should reduce the amount of changes you have to make to the itinerary of the new ship.

4. Facility Manager Improvements:

a) New Filters:

- Part of the NCC (Neighborhood Chains Contest)
- Workable by Friends
- Restaurants (includes fast food and regular restaurants)

- Producing Ingredients (includes all facilities that produce at least one product that can be used as an ingredient, ie: the Art Studio is included because the Leather Mask can be used as an ingredient to make stick masks)

- Producing Common Ingredients (includes all facilities that produce at least one common ingredient, ie: the Art Studio is not included because the Leather Mask is not a common ingredient but the Brewery is included because the FarmTown Beer is a common ingredient)

- Containing Disabled Products (this will allow you to quickly locate those facilities with temporarily disabled products so you can enable them again)

b) New Sort: by Farm Number

c) Animal Buildings now show the quantities of each harvestable animal inside the building. The 'remaining time to harvest' info text was moved to the space right below the picture of the building. To save space the farm cash animal names were shortened to HT Cow (Holstein Cow), LH Hen (Leghorn Hen), HW Llama (Heavywool Llama) and LW Sheep (Longwool Sheep)

5. Other Improvements:

a) Added 'Sell Half of Selected' option to all filters in the marketplace

b) Added 'Sell All' option to the 'From Facilities (Export)' filter in the market place

c) Added 'Sort by Name' option to the neighbours bar at the bottom of the game

d) Added 9 new filters, one for each seasonal category like Valentine and Easter to the Item Storage screen, all filters are located at the end of the filter list

e) In the 'Show Names' screen, when you click the 'Show Extra Farm Info', you will see the price to buy the next farm expansion when mouse over each farm button

f) Super Neighbours will not be able to irrigate or water your Quest or Private farms

g) You can now use the 'Unlock' button in the store to find out the tools required to buy another tool even when you don't have enough farm cash to buy the tool

h) There were some security issues in the past when you hired someone at the market and that person was able to continue working your farms even days after you have hired them. We just added a limitation that will disable the capability for the employee to work your farms once 8 hours has passed since you hired them.

6. Other Minor Improvements and BugFixes:

a) All the farming people decorations in the gifting page have been moved to the Store

b) Removed the informational message "To use this facility, click on it and select 'Show Facility Details'" for experienced users (level higher than 200)

c) BugFix: The option of the language selector when entering the market was not getting remembered after a reload of the game

d) BugFix: Replaced the Mustard Crop by the Yellow Mustard as the ingredient in the Deli sandwiches.

e) BugFix: Quest for products from the Flower Stand and the Fish Market had wrong quantities on some
of the quest steps

7. Critter Control Supplies (FC): Produces Critter Control Supplies.

Bat Net
Net Gun
Inspection Mirror
Animal Handling Gloves
Birdhouse Trap
Rodent Paste Bait
Crevice Sealer
Roof Ladder Hook

8. Kids Clothing Mill (Coins): Produces Kids' Clothes.

Girl Dress
Boy Top
Girl Pajamas
Boy Hoodie
Girl Socks
Boy Rash Guard
Girl Jelly Sandals
Boy Slip-Ons

9. Turkish Restaurant (FC): Produces Turkish food.

Gozleme
Manti
Kofte
Turkish Pizza
Doner Kebab
Stuffed Eggplant
Stuffed Mussels
Kunefe

New products in existing facilities: Pine Nuts in the Snack Factory

10. Kids Clothing Palace (Coins): Provides Kids' Clothes Retail Services and can be stocked with products from the Kids Clothing Mill.

11. Taste of Africa (FC): Provides Africa Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the African Restaurant.

12. Taste of Scandinavia (FC): Provides Scandinavia Cultural Exchange and Food Tasting Services and can be stocked with products from the Scandinavian Restaurant.

Enjoy!

--Raul

PS. The changes to the NCC we announced on the previous release will be released in about 2 weeks.

Post-Release Info - March 23rd, 8:40PM

- When selling products in the market, the 'Sell All' option is now the default option when the filter is set to 'Non-Ingredients' or 'From Facilities (Export)', for all the other options the default is 'Sell Selected'.

- In the Facility Manager when animal buildings are ready to harvest you will see a 'Ready to Harvest' text in green right below the building picture.

Post-Release Info - April 2nd, 11:10PM

- BugFix: When hired as a designer, new planted trees sometimes disappeared once the farm was reloaded.
- BugFix: After harvesting all animal buildings from the Facility Manager, some of the animal buildings still had the 'Ready to Harvest' green text.

Post-Release Info - April 9th, 11:40PM

- Released the Turkish Restaurant.

Post-Release Info - April 10th, 4:00PM

- BugFix: After starting productions in the new Turkish Restaurant, sometimes the productions were gone after a reload of the game.

Post-Release Info - April 11th, 7:30AM

- Due to emergency changes released yesterday by Facebook related to data security, several areas of the game were not functioning correctly, like accepting gifts, sending gifts, boosting trains, missing user names, etc. We just released an update that should fix most of those issues.

Also, as part of the new requirements by Facebook, every 90 days you will have to re-authorize the Farmtown game to access your basic information like name, picture and friends which are essential to the operation of the game.

Known Problems:

- None

Last edited by Raul; Apr 11 2018 at 06:41 AM.
Old Mar 21 2018, 05:51 PM
Senior Moderator

Thanks Raul!
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 21 2018, 05:52 PM

Thank you Raul
Old Mar 21 2018, 06:02 PM

woot woot, ty much!!! right as i got off work for the night too!!! =)
Old Mar 21 2018, 06:06 PM

HATE, HATE, HATE the new info on the animal barns. OVERKILL!!! Make is ultra-confusing!!!!
Old Mar 21 2018, 06:21 PM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Thanks very much Raul and team!

Clickable Help Links:
Need help? Post in Help and Support
How to get and Create your Farm Link
How to FIND YOUR POSTS on the forum.

Old Mar 21 2018, 06:33 PM

Default Like, Like, Like the info on barns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
HATE, HATE, HATE the new info on the animal barns. OVERKILL!!! Make is ultra-confusing!!!!
It will be very useful. I have a chart in excel that I keep track of the animals in each barn. I won't have to go into each barn o the 36 farm to check now. Good work folks.

Dale Offord

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...9607&farm_ix=0
Old Mar 21 2018, 06:34 PM

I bought Farm 36 just now, the money was taken away but no farm appeared.

Dale Offord

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...9607&farm_ix=0
Old Mar 21 2018, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dofford View Post
It will be very useful. I have a chart in excel that I keep track of the animals in each barn. I won't have to go into each barn o the 36 farm to check now. Good work folks.
Used to be easy to see what was harvested and what wasn't in the facility manager, now a royal pain in the A@@ to determine if harvested or not among all that **** info I don't need! If I need to know how many I can see that when I harvest or by going to each farm!!! I rarely add more animals so this info largely useless!!!
Old Mar 21 2018, 06:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dofford View Post
I bought Farm 36 just now, the money was taken away but no farm appeared.
Hi dofford,
There isn't a farm 36 available. You upgraded Farm 1 to 46x46.
What is available this release is the 46x46 expansion for the first 10 farms.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Closed Thread