Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 30 2013, 07:03 AM

Default Block Unblock - Ignore Unignore

IGNORE vs. REPORT ABUSE - what is the difference ?
When you click on a farmer's avatar, you have the choice to 'ignore' or to 'report abuse'. Ignore can be used any time. Report abuse is to be used for offensive language ONLY and not for other annoying behavior. If it is not offensive language (like cursing), then click 'ignore'.

Both functions will add that farmer to your blocked list.

The ignore button does not affect harvesting
The ignore button and the report abuse buttons do not affect harvesting. If you sent a hire request to a farmer, that gives them the ability to harvest at your farm. Clicking them and ignore does not affect that and they can still keep harvesting. In fact, they do not even know that they have been "ignored".

By mistake I blocked someone that was a friend.
To UNBLOCK someone, click Account in upper right corner of your FarmTown game screen. Then click Blocked Users and unblock the ones you want unblocked.

NOTE: If you block a player in the game, it will not affect what you see here on the forum. You will also need to block them here if that is your wish. If you block a forum member here, you will no longer see their posts here on the forum.

Report Abuse - Valid Complaints
1. You must click on their avatar and click 'report abuse'.
2. This will send in a report

IGNORING AND REPORTING IMPROVEMENTS:

- You can now Ignore or Report users from inside the Message window using the red icons on the bottom right.
- You can now Ignore or Report users from the Online Chat window using the red icons on the top left of the chat window, this will allow you to ignore or report users even after they have left the room.
- If a user have been reported enough times on the past few months he will be penalized by not been able to send offline messages or chat messages to others for a period of time, the more times a user have been reported the longer he will be banned.
- Reporting users for no reason will get the reporting user banned from the game.

*** Forum moderators have no control over what goes on ingame. Reporting the person here will not be helpful as there is nothing we can do. You must report the person ingame ***

Last edited by marymarcel; Aug 05 2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old Dec 17 2013, 05:17 AM

I think that when your having problems with people harrassing you and you block them on Fascebook , then they should be blocked on Farm Town also . I know that FarmTown is a different company but they should work together when your having a problem
Old Jan 24 2014, 07:32 PM

Default How do I report and block someone

I went into the market place to sell my stuff and recieved a message that i find is very disgusting. i ahve taken a screen shot of the message and it shows the aviators name. he is not a neighobur and have never had anything to do with him before. i never spoke to him at all and this is what i get. i have scren shot of it and do not want relaly to put it in the forum as i don't want to get inot trouble with showing disgusting content. please can one of the devs contact me personnaly to give me instructions on how to send it to them for their eyes only
this is the 2nd time i have recieved a message similar to this. jsut as well i am not a young child.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_3.png (15.9 KB, 66 views)
Old Jan 24 2014, 07:39 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynwoo60 View Post
I went into the market place to sell my stuff and recieved a message that i find is very disgusting. i ahve taken a screen shot of the message and it shows the aviators name. he is not a neighobur and have never had anything to do with him before. i never spoke to him at all and this is what i get. i have scren shot of it and do not want relaly to put it in the forum as i don't want to get inot trouble with showing disgusting content. please can one of the devs contact me personnaly to give me instructions on how to send it to them for their eyes only
this is the 2nd time i have recieved a message similar to this. jsut as well i am not a young child.
The only way to do it is to click on the person's avatar and click on report, they can't do anything with a name, anyone can change their name.

My Server: WF-36 on Windows 8
Primary Browser: Chrome

To contact Support: Click Here.

Information on how to post a link to your farm: Click Here.

Information on how to clear several browser's cache: Click Here.

If you have a question please post them in the open forum and not in a private message or visitor message, unless it is in response to a private message. Thank you.
Old Jan 24 2014, 07:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Unfortunately there are people like that. And the only way for Slashkey to do anything about them is for you to click on their avatar and select Report. When you do then Slashkey gets notified and they are blocked from contacting you. Never reply back to them as that gives them a way to continue contacting you. The avatar name can be easily changes=d and many people can have the same name. When you report them it sends their FB ID to Slashkey to be able to track exactly to the right person.
Sorry to hear this happened to you.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 24 2014, 08:20 PM

thankyou for your relplies. i thought as much and mind you mind huby was not thte bit impressed with the message i recieved. i cna hopefully see him in the market place and a defiante report will be going in on this one. jsut hope he doens't do it to a young one.
Old Jan 24 2014, 09:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
thankyou for your relplies. i thought as much and mind you mind huby was not thte bit impressed with the message i recieved. i cna hopefully see him in the market place and a defiante report will be going in on this one. jsut hope he doens't do it to a young one.
You can look at his message and on theat message will be a green dot when he is in FT. That way you may be able to go to his farm or catch him in the market and click on his avatar.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jan 24 2014, 11:57 PM
Account Not Linked

if the person changes their name, is it reflected on the message? i get a few (way too many) informal surveys about web cams that i hope never get to younger people but they always leave the marketplace before you can finish clicking on them. (i'm good at that btw, i've got sally from the bot place on ignore)
Old Jan 25 2014, 12:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eradani View Post
if the person changes their name, is it reflected on the message? i get a few (way too many) informal surveys about web cams that i hope never get to younger people but they always leave the marketplace before you can finish clicking on them. (i'm good at that btw, i've got sally from the bot place on ignore)
Yes, I think the name changes in the message that are still in your 10 message que.
Old Apr 07 2014, 04:29 AM

Default Harassment from a FarmTown player, please help

How do I block and/or report someone for harassment; this person keeps sending me private messages on Farm Town after I have repeatedly asked them to stop

Thanks

Tags
block, unblock