Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Wing View Post
Little Wing
She's baaaaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkkk!!! :Þ
Old May 21 2010, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustHikk View Post
She's baaaaaaaaaaccccccccckkkkkkkkk!!! :Þ
Ahh. One of the computing folk. I hope you're still having fun, Hikk! That's what it's all about.

Little Wing

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?farm_id=1640090895
Old May 21 2010, 08:06 AM
Account Not Linked

If it ever stops being fun, I will stop playing the game. As for being a "computing folk", that is part of what makes the game so much fun to me. Always has. Guess I am warped
Old May 21 2010, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Can I ask: when did the game - for those who seem unhappy with the facilities and such - stop becoming fun for you? Why does it have to be so much of a chore, to the point where you worry about how many cows, how many crops of this or that, in order to get cheese, flour, berries, whatever?

You are computing, instead of just having fun. I saw the same thing last year when FT players started whipping out the calculator to figure out how much pineapple to plant, versus anything else. For most of us who have been playing for more than six months (for example), we have plenty of money and enough room to plant and then to produce at whatever facilities we own. Why angst over it?

I've been playing for about a year and three months. I have three farms, all but two of the facilities, many millions of coins and I play every day. I've had a total blast collecting all of it, and I never worried a bit; I just enjoyed.

If I have enough wheat for flour, then I produce it. If I have enough flour for pizza, then I make it. If I don't, then I either play with something else on the farm or I step away from it until my crops are ready and I can harvest and start producing again. I still go in the marketplace and help other farmers, and I still pop on my neighbors' farms for a shout-out. I'm still having fun and it's not costing me a second's tension or stress.

I guess I don't understand. I know some people thrive on stress and tension, many people are very competitive when it comes to games and others are just worry-warts. The creators of FT have given us every single thing we have asked for. Think of it: when I started playing in March 2009, the highest level was 34, crops were very limited and so were the decorations and such. We didn't have any flowers. We barely had fencing. Now, we have so many wonderful things to play with, and people are still agonizing, now over things like how much milk they need to make cheese.

Sit back and enjoy it! So what if you can't keep all your facilities pumping at top speed? What are you going to do with all those coins, anyhow? Collect them until we are allocated Farm Number Four? That's a good idea, but why worry about it when it may not ever happen? Enjoy what you have now, have fun, and maybe give a little 'thanks' shout-out to the game gurus who have worked so hard to keep everybody happy.

So, with that in mind: Thanks, Farm Town Gurus! I'm still having a blast.

Little Wing

This is exactly what I wanted to say but lacked your eloquent way of putting it! Thanks for posting this!
Old May 21 2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
If it ever stops being fun, I will stop playing the game. As for being a "computing folk", that is part of what makes the game so much fun to me. Always has. Guess I am warped
Warped? You? Never!

Are you still doing the layers? I never did get the hang of it.

Aren't you glad we stopped stalking each other?

Little Wing

Old May 21 2010, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Can I ask: when did the game - for those who seem unhappy with the facilities and such - stop becoming fun for you? Why does it have to be so much of a chore, to the point where you worry about how many cows, how many crops of this or that, in order to get cheese, flour, berries, whatever?

You are computing, instead of just having fun. I saw the same thing last year when FT players started whipping out the calculator to figure out how much pineapple to plant, versus anything else. For most of us who have been playing for more than six months (for example), we have plenty of money and enough room to plant and then to produce at whatever facilities we own. Why angst over it?

I've been playing for about a year and three months. I have three farms, all but two of the facilities, many millions of coins and I play every day. I've had a total blast collecting all of it, and I never worried a bit; I just enjoyed.

If I have enough wheat for flour, then I produce it. If I have enough flour for pizza, then I make it. If I don't, then I either play with something else on the farm or I step away from it until my crops are ready and I can harvest and start producing again. I still go in the marketplace and help other farmers, and I still pop on my neighbors' farms for a shout-out. I'm still having fun and it's not costing me a second's tension or stress.

I guess I don't understand. I know some people thrive on stress and tension, many people are very competitive when it comes to games and others are just worry-warts. The creators of FT have given us every single thing we have asked for. Think of it: when I started playing in March 2009, the highest level was 34, crops were very limited and so were the decorations and such. We didn't have any flowers. We barely had fencing. Now, we have so many wonderful things to play with, and people are still agonizing, now over things like how much milk they need to make cheese.

Sit back and enjoy it! So what if you can't keep all your facilities pumping at top speed? What are you going to do with all those coins, anyhow? Collect them until we are allocated Farm Number Four? That's a good idea, but why worry about it when it may not ever happen? Enjoy what you have now, have fun, and maybe give a little 'thanks' shout-out to the game gurus who have worked so hard to keep everybody happy.

So, with that in mind: Thanks, Farm Town Gurus! I'm still having a blast.

Little Wing
Very well said Little Wing! I've been playing for over a year now, and I still love this GAME. I will admit when the facilities first came out I stressed about how I was going to keep them full and running, but I use what I have. I've gotten pretty self-sufficient now between what I plant and harvest, and with my wonderful gift-giving friends (which have taken me a year to find, thank you all!) I don't feel the need to max out all my facilities on a regular basis, as a matter of fact I don't know that I ever max out anything except raspberry yogurt. It's a game, it's a stress-reliever for me, and I'm having fun!

Visit Nanny's Christmas Nook
Old May 21 2010, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony D View Post
Great post Little Wing - I totally agree As far as I am concerned same goes for Farm Cash - If I have it I buy things , if not I make do with what I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
This is exactly what I wanted to say but lacked your eloquent way of putting it! Thanks for posting this!
Thanks, guys! I do love this game!

Little Wing

Old May 21 2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny's Nook View Post
Very well said Little Wing! I've been playing for over a year now, and I still love this GAME. I will admit when the facilities first came out I stressed about how I was going to keep them full and running, but I use what I have. I've gotten pretty self-sufficient now between what I plant and harvest, and with my wonderful gift-giving friends (which have taken me a year to find, thank you all!) I don't feel the need to max out all my facilities on a regular basis, as a matter of fact I don't know that I ever max out anything except raspberry yogurt. It's a game, it's a stress-reliever for me, and I'm having fun!
Exactly, Nanny. I don't think I've maxed out any of the facilities. I just load them up with whatever I have, and then sell, sell, sell!

Hee -

Little Wing

Old May 21 2010, 08:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Exactly, Nanny. I don't think I've maxed out any of the facilities. I just load them up with whatever I have, and then sell, sell, sell!

Hee -

Little Wing
I have maxed them out but I have very seldom tried to plant to max out as much as just plant things I knew I would need. The tomato post was the results of me getting tired of the "cheese is the limiting factor" post when it isn't.

I have planted tomatos once in the last 2 weeks.....

Quote:
Warped? You? Never!

Are you still doing the layers? I never did get the hang of it.

Aren't you glad we stopped stalking each other?

Little Wing
I wish I could find the tree dude that stalked that thread. I have 9200 mango trees that need a harvester.

But, I never stalked you, you always stalked me
Old May 21 2010, 08:51 AM

Quote:

I wish I could find the tree dude that stalked that thread. I have 9200 mango trees that need a harvester.

But, I never stalked you, you always stalked me
So you always say.

You want your trees harvested? Can do, just let me know. I still enjoy rending fruit. Ha -

Little Wing, who NEVER stalks

Closed Thread