Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jun 27 2010, 03:02 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

i'm posting too much . part of the troubles we are having with Farm Town may be attributed to Face book doing updates. I don't know if it is just throwing it out there as a possibility with loading issues and crashes..... who knows .......

GOD Bless The USA

Level 600, Farmer since June 2,2009

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.

╰⊰⊹✿Dεsidεяαtα✿⊹⊱╮

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/?f...00000233351452

(link below not mine)
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Jun 27 2010, 03:58 AM

Firefox has a new update...version 3.6.6

Fingers crossed it will solve some of the issues here who prefer that browser.

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!
Old Jun 27 2010, 04:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Borgies View Post
Firefox has a new update...version 3.6.6

Fingers crossed it will solve some of the issues here who prefer that browser.

Let me know how that version works out, i had rolled back to 3.6.3 which worked great for me, 3.6.4 totally sucked when it came to FT
Old Jun 27 2010, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyHallow View Post
actually the directions i left up here were from the help and support section and it removes all the junk flash files for you it is a very helpful thing you need to do when we have updates i do it every time and biggest part of the gliches are solved with doing that........for real
hehe, thats probably why i've experienced very few glitches, except for maybe one time my sushi vanishing, but thats only happened one time, and not since then
Old Jun 27 2010, 05:44 AM

Quote:
I have now deleted it and surprised it hasn't been deleted before now... pity about that as the links are relevant to some of the problems this game is having and not spam or self serving. Hopefully some managed to grab the links!
Hi Mrs Borgies.

I've undeleted your post, as the external links you posted are useful ones which we Mods have checked out before for relevance and safety, and in fact have used ourselves in the Help and Support section.

Sleepyhallow is correct - we don't generally allow external links to be posted, but we can and do allow ones that are safety checked and useful to other players.

Please feel free in future to PM one of us Mods with any links you might want to use, and we can either allow or refuse permission for them to be posted.

Thanks.
Old Jun 27 2010, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly Mew View Post
Hi Mrs Borgies.

I've undeleted your post, as the external links you posted are useful ones which we Mods have checked out before for relevance and safety, and in fact have used ourselves in the Help and Support section.

Sleepyhallow is correct - we don't generally allow external links to be posted, but we can and do allow ones that are safety checked and useful to other players.

Please feel free in future to PM one of us Mods with any links you might want to use, and we can either allow or refuse permission for them to be posted.

Thanks.
Thank you Molly Mew and I will certainly PM the Mods with links in the future.

Old Jun 27 2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTerry View Post
oh wow, haha, learn something new everyday, i didn't know that, thanks Molly
You're welcome, Rob. It's just an easier way to do the same thing, as it saves searching for the file in C Drive and running the risk of deleting something important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmonkey View Post
I did not delete all sites I scrolled through the list until I found the slashkey site and just deleted it. I have yet to reload we will see if that works.

Thanks Mew

Follow Up:

This seems to work. After clearing the slashkey data it seems to also have corrected the XP issue. My XP is adding up much faster now and not lagging so bad. So others having to stand around and wait for their xp to finish catching up to them might try this as well. It seems to have worked for me! I recommend bookmarking the adobe site so that you can clear it on a regular basis or when you start noticing lags.

Again, Thanks Mew!
That works too, just deleting the Slashkey data. I'm glad it made a difference for you. As someone else mentioned, it just gets rid of all the junk flash player leaves behind and forces a 'clean' reload of the game.

Quote:
Im running XP i've no reason to change it , but anyways, no worries thanks to Molly, i didn't even know about that little utility on the adobe site.. but i am glad you got it sorted out, i had a feeling that was the case

Maybe a new thread should be started called tips on speeding up the game i myself do quite a few different things besides the cache, zooming right down to limit the detail (especially animals), making sure flash is upto date etc etc
And I see you've already made a start. This is one of the things I love about this forum.. so many players willing to give time and energy to helping other players. You guys are great.
Old Jun 27 2010, 07:37 AM

I don't see that a new release has been done, but have they been tweaking? It suddenly seems easier to fish. Before I'd click and click and click with not much results, but now every click just about produces a fish. Hope that's the case and it's not my imagination!
Old Jun 27 2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Let me know how that version works out, i had rolled back to 3.6.3 which worked great for me, 3.6.4 totally sucked when it came to FT
Quote:
Originally Posted by krbrown2000 View Post
I don't see that a new release has been done, but have they been tweaking? It suddenly seems easier to fish. Before I'd click and click and click with not much results, but now every click just about produces a fish. Hope that's the case and it's not my imagination!
I have Firefox version 3.6.6 now installed and running smoothly. Hopefully the same for others that have bitten the bullet and installed it. If not running better, please read this thread carefully to help try to smooth out the bumps.

Happy fishing!

Going to the Mozilla Firefox website, you can read more about the 3.6.6 update there.

Old Jun 27 2010, 07:50 AM

Quote:
I have Firefox version 3.6.6 now installed and running smoothly. Hopefully the same for others that have bitten the bullet and installed it. If not running better, please read this thread carefully to help try to smooth out the bumps.

Going to the Mozilla Firefox website, you can read more about the 3.6.6 update there.
That's good news. It's looking more and more like the last FF update was a bit of a disaster for flash (lol) Thanks for letting us know 3.6.6. seems to be OK.