Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Apr 07 2010, 01:40 AM

By the way, I still love this game
Thanks very much for all who work so hard to make it enjoyable for us
Old Apr 07 2010, 06:46 AM

I think figuring all that out is part of the fun! I don't want to be told everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirl the pearl View Post
I am a bit confused with the new features
Do we need to save eggs and butter or sell them? and what about the goat cheese, is that used for anything or shall I sell it.and do we need to save all the flour and sugar , its a bit confusing knowing what to sell and what to save
Old Apr 07 2010, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbrown2000 View Post
I think figuring all that out is part of the fun! I don't want to be told everything!
Exactly!

That's the fun part of the facilities, well besideds earning lots of coins, figuring out how to budget everything and get what you need to make it all work.
Old Apr 07 2010, 08:41 AM

While I appreciate the option to eventually add a third farm, I too think the 30 neighbours requirement is a bit excessive, especially given that the highest neighbours trophy only needs twenty; and, yes, I too read the original third farm announcement as it is written as only requiring 30 for the initial purchase, thus allowing someone who bought the 12x12 third farm with Farm Cash to go ahead and upgrade it with coins without the need for 30 neighbours. So, no, the 30 neighbours requirement for the upgrades of the third farm wasn't clear or obvious at all.

I also feel that some posters here are dismissing legitimate concerns regarding adding strangers as neighbours. While I'm quite familiar with the process of setting up a limited-access list, I've searched Facebook's privacy settings thoroughly and can not find any setting to exclude a particular group of friends from seeing who else is on your overall friends list. I suspect many people on Facebook, especially those who have only recently joined and have still yet to find all their real-life friends' accounts, have postings, privacy information, etc. set up to "Friends of friends" to make it easier for actual friends to find them, under the belief that their friends won't have people who are essentially strangers on their respective friends lists. While some might say they should have known better, I don't think that's appropriate. Nor have I seen a means for a user to change the privacy settings of an existing wall posting (when they realize that people are reading it who they might not want to), other than removing and reposting it. And it can have trouble the other way too - what might be the result when actual friends see the game people on your friends list, or if those game people post something that thus shows up on your wall, that your friends might not find appropriate (even if you're fine with it)?

I'm not saying that people might decide these things are acceptable, or that people haven't in fact created new friendships from people they met as neighbours on Farm Town. I'm just saying that the methods for limiting aren't quite the panacea they've been made out to be, and still leave things that can be a significant enough concern to exclude them from consideration for certain users (not necessarily myself, but other reasonable people).
Old Apr 07 2010, 09:12 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John P Darrow View Post
While I appreciate the option to eventually add a third farm, I too think the 30 neighbours requirement is a bit excessive, especially given that the highest neighbours trophy only needs twenty; and, yes, I too read the original third farm announcement as it is written as only requiring 30 for the initial purchase, thus allowing someone who bought the 12x12 third farm with Farm Cash to go ahead and upgrade it with coins without the need for 30 neighbours. So, no, the 30 neighbours requirement for the upgrades of the third farm wasn't clear or obvious at all.
I guess I read it wrong also. I thought that if you bought the 12x12 with FC you could continue to upgrade with coin. Is that not the case? Do you have to have the 30 neighbors period before you can go to the next size bought with coin? Now I'm really confused.

----------------------------------------------------------------

You know you are a beta tester when updates come out and they don't work.
Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Apr 07 2010, 09:49 AM
Account Not Linked

The sad part about all of this is that it's going to make a lot of us leave. I will never have a third farm because of the 30 neighbor policy. I guess we have to face the fact that FarmTown is NOT free anymore. I would have to buy the third farm with real money and then to upgrade, use more money. That's not an option for this little ole lady that used to love FarmTown.
Old Apr 07 2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lulu836 View Post
I guess I read it wrong also. I thought that if you bought the 12x12 with FC you could continue to upgrade with coin. Is that not the case? Do you have to have the 30 neighbors period before you can go to the next size bought with coin? Now I'm really confused.
Yes, you need to either have 30 neighbours, or pay with Farm Cash, for every upgrade of the third farm, not just the initial (12x12) purchase. Some of the announcements in other threads were more explicit about this, but not the one here. Nor is it obvious in the game itself, since until you actually buy the third farm, you only get to see the initial purchase options for it in the Realtor's Office, and not the upgrade options.
Old Apr 07 2010, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanajoe View Post
The sad part about all of this is that it's going to make a lot of us leave. I will never have a third farm because of the 30 neighbor policy. I guess we have to face the fact that FarmTown is NOT free anymore. I would have to buy the third farm with real money and then to upgrade, use more money. That's not an option for this little ole lady that used to love FarmTown.
I think alot of people will stick around and enjoy their two farms.
Old Apr 07 2010, 10:41 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheirMomma View Post
when is it gonna be fix so Myspace users can use the "Produce Faster" button?
Yes, when is this going to be fixed?
Will it at least EVER get fixed, or will it NEVER work?
Multiple updates have been released and still this feature doesnt work.
Old Apr 07 2010, 11:38 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoreneC View Post
I think alot of people will stick around and enjoy their two farms.
This may be true. The trouble I have is that I have two wonderful farms but it takes both of them to support the facilities I have. I do enjoy making things with the facilities but I would also like to design a farm. I can't move things around now on these two farms! I would love to learn how to do some of the fancy stuff others do but I have no room! I don't have 30 neighbors and I won't install the apps and I can't justify the real money.
Closed Thread