Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Mar 03 2015, 10:21 AM

This probably isn't the right place for this and I apologize ahead of time. Due to the negativity I have seen in this particular forum, I want to thank the developers for this game. I appreciate the time and effort put into a game that is free to the public, and the only thing asked of the players is to use their FC to purchase facilities and tools to make the game more diverse and easier on the player. I for one don't mind spending $20-40 every couple of months to purchase FC. Would I purchase more if there was a sale? Of course! Do I require it in order to play? No!

I love the quests-both coop and regular. I am still learning how to work them to get the most for my time, and I am happy to report that my strategy last week paid off this week, and I was able to collect 2 FC! Woohoo!!! I am also learning that your buddy list is a great way to fulfill what you need for coop quests if your neighbors either don't play the coop quests or don't have the items you are seeking. I have some really great neighbors who also participate in the coop quests, and they are awesome in helping me out when I get stuck on an item. I've even picked up new neighbors from my buddy list in letting them know when we have a similar or same coop quest, or pointing them in the direction of another player on my buddy list that has the same coop quest.

Thank you again developers for your time, effort and joy in putting this game together and keeping it fresh and interesting!

My first farm-It's a work in progresshttp://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...9230&farm_ix=Y
Old Mar 08 2015, 11:12 AM

Angry Absolutely positively NOT FAIR!!!

For well over a day I had 8 quests done but not 7 days past so it would not allow claiming the 2 FC. An hour before the 7 days I HAD to leave to attend religious services and when I returned a few hours later one of my quests was GONE, expired, so I only got 1 FC. I had EARNED TWO!!!!

Either allow redemption of eight finished quests even before 7 days go by or allow some extra time (12 hours?) before finished quests expire. WHY must I lose out on a FC I had EARNED because I could not babysit the game every minute of every day?!

I KNEW this was going to happen and was helpless to fix it unless I stayed home & missed church to SAVE the 1 additional FC. CRAZY!!!!

UNFAIR! Blatantly unfair!!!!
Old Mar 08 2015, 01:53 PM
Account Not Linked

Default quest

Why does the mayor give quests that we can not complete mainly due to the fact that we do not have that facility? I own most all facilities that can be bought with coins. Why must the others require FC? I love this game but can't afford to be dumping that much real money into it.
Old Mar 08 2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glockman View Post
Why does the mayor give quests that we can not complete mainly due to the fact that we do not have that facility? I own most all facilities that can be bought with coins. Why must the others require FC? I love this game but can't afford to be dumping that much real money into it.
Hi glockman

Both, quests and life lines, are random. The game doesnt "look" which facilities you have or if the life line you got is going to help you.
Old Mar 08 2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAlbertini View Post
For well over a day I had 8 quests done but not 7 days past so it would not allow claiming the 2 FC. An hour before the 7 days I HAD to leave to attend religious services and when I returned a few hours later one of my quests was GONE, expired, so I only got 1 FC. I had EARNED TWO!!!!

Either allow redemption of eight finished quests even before 7 days go by or allow some extra time (12 hours?) before finished quests expire. WHY must I lose out on a FC I had EARNED because I could not babysit the game every minute of every day?!

I KNEW this was going to happen and was helpless to fix it unless I stayed home & missed church to SAVE the 1 additional FC. CRAZY!!!!

UNFAIR! Blatantly unfair!!!!
Hi John

I'm sorry this has happened to you, but you know quests only stay on the chart for exactly 7 days to the second.

That is why we always suggest, that after collecting your farmcash, do not complete the first quest for the new week until the following day. That way you will have enough time in case you cant enter the game.

If you want to make a suggestion, please post it in our Suggestion section, you cant open a new thread there but you can post as a response to a thread that fits with your suggestion.
Old Mar 08 2015, 09:23 PM
Account Not Linked

Why doesn't the cash just credit to our account when we've completed our required number in seven days? Twice now I've missed out on claiming my cash because I was busy with this thing called Life and unable to claim the cash until it was too late.

Why not save your loyal players a whole lot of frustration and just make the cash auto credit when we get it? That's how other games do it.
Old Mar 08 2015, 09:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcinea View Post
Why doesn't the cash just credit to our account when we've completed our required number in seven days? Twice now I've missed out on claiming my cash because I was busy with this thing called Life and unable to claim the cash until it was too late.

Why not save your loyal players a whole lot of frustration and just make the cash auto credit when we get it? That's how other games do it.
Hi Dulcinea,
If you wish to make a suggestion please put it in the Suggestions section where the developers will be more likely to see it. You can not start a new thread there but you can reply to an existing one.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 14 2015, 09:17 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Guess this is more of a gripe than a problem, but lately I am getting quest that I cannot complete because I do not have the final facility or do not have the facility or lake or seacoast needed for an ingredient for the quest. Presently I have three open quests that I cannot complete. I thought that originally quests were going to be matched somewhat to your farm and facilities owned. This is getting to be frustrating.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1128&farm_ix=0

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 14 2015, 09:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skellyman.tom View Post
Guess this is more of a gripe than a problem, but lately I am getting quest that I cannot complete because I do not have the final facility or do not have the facility or lake or seacoast needed for an ingredient for the quest. Presently I have three open quests that I cannot complete. I thought that originally quests were going to be matched somewhat to your farm and facilities owned. This is getting to be frustrating.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...1128&farm_ix=0
Hi Tom,
I moved your post to the feedback thread about quests since it is not a question. The quests are randomly assigned and it does not check or know what facilities you have or don't have.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 15 2015, 12:08 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

I totally quit doing the regular quests due to the following problem. AND before anyone feels the need to remind me the computer generates randomly all quests I KNOW that.

What totally burns my grits is the fact that prior to FC being awarded for regular quests I may have the animal remedy quest perhaps 1x in 3 or even 4 weeks. Once the award of FC started I was getting that quest at least 1 time per week, sometimes 2 times in same week. After that began and seemed to continue I TOTALLY QUIT regular quests.

I used to LOVE the CoOp quests. Had fun and totally enjoyed them. THEN came the FC awards and yes it began with 1 time per week at least 1 make some silly remedy, I'd let it die. REFUSE to purchase a FC factory that gives me such a tiny return as this one seems to do per those who purchased it. AND the type of crops needed, more short growing time crops, no thank you.

Then low and behold was getting the LOAD those remedies maybe 2 or 3 a week. Broke down and bought the Clinic since I would be purchasing needed items from friends AND it cost a couple dollars less than that factory.

NOW? Oh the computer is so random with FC needed factory quests that just this week have had 3 to manufacture remedies! Did have 1 remedy to load, brought that clinic out of storage and completed that one, then back to storage.

What I find extremely strange about these "random computer generated" quests is the fact that once I bought the Animal Clinic those quests are now few and far between BUT the quest to MAKE the remedies are hitting me hard. I'm feeling the computer "randomly" is generating them to "force" me to purchase what I do not want. I am NOT alone in thinking this BTW.

I'll open new for my neighbors who may need items but won't waste my coins buying when the end result will be no FC due to the couple completed dropping off as "stale" before I can do enough to earn even 1 FC. Remember I have 3 I can't do taking needed space waiting for them to go away.

Perhaps if I wait 7 days past this group of 7 days to do any quests I'll be out of the loop to PRODUCE remedies.. Once can only hope, right?

As many are saying animal remedy quests may be random but then "random" can be manipulated. With others commenting once they purchased both animal remedy facilities so as not to be so frustrated they've had extremely FEW remedy quests since. THIS has me quite suspicious about the so called randomness. IF was only 1 friend mentioning the much fewer remedy quests since their purchases I think I was paranoid.

Now off to file a ticket about the loss of some FC.

Sorry about my ranting here, as I said I am NOT the only disgusted LONG time (early 2009) farmer noticing how "random" appears to be working these days.

DB:W20, MPS:C20