Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jan 10 2017, 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corogirl View Post
So how long before we are asked to pay FC for a tool that we will need to use to do what we already could?

I agree, without the workaround of the tabs, I'm probably done with the ships. No one has 10 hours/24 to load one. And if a tool that is farmcash comes out, I may just be done with farmtown.
Old Jan 10 2017, 01:07 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

wish it was "next week" already, my ships seem to get stuck on exactly the same people on every voyage... LOL
Old Jan 10 2017, 05:31 AM

Level:
XP:

Exactly how do I "skip" a port? Did I miss the "instructions" for that? Someone...anyone?

OK - now I see a "Skip Port" button, but only on one port. The one I want to skip is dead last on my itinerary & I don't see how the "don't have to wait, can do it anytime" function applies.

Also, I just discovered that (apparently) I have to go into my ship manager & "perform" the work myself at each & every port I visit - or - is it for each & every person that visits my port? Let me say that that SUCKS! Far too labor intensive for a GAME!!!!!

I think the developers need to rethink what they're doing with these ships - making them automatic (like the trains) is the way it should be done.

Just my humble opinion. of course.

DB:W20, MPS:C20

Last edited by Zeeky Banutski; Jan 10 2017 at 05:37 AM.
Old Jan 10 2017, 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeky Banutski View Post
Exactly how do I "skip" a port? Did I miss the "instructions" for that? Someone...anyone?

OK - now I see a "Skip Port" button, but only on one port. The one I want to skip is dead last on my itinerary & I don't see how the "don't have to wait, can do it anytime" function applies.

Also, I just discovered that (apparently) I have to go into my ship manager & "perform" the work myself at each & every port I visit - or - is it for each & every person that visits my port? Let me say that that SUCKS! Far too labor intensive for a GAME!!!!!

I think the developers need to rethink what they're doing with these ships - making them automatic (like the trains) is the way it should be done.

Just my humble opinion. of course.
Hi Zeeky Banutski

The Skip port button only shows up in the port where your ship is at that moment.

In the Seaport manager you can see and help to load your friends/neighbors ships.

You have full information about the ships in our Game Guide for Ships in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622
Old Jan 10 2017, 06:12 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi Zeeky Banutski

The Skip port button only shows up in the port where your ship is at that moment.

In the Seaport manager you can see and help to load your friends/neighbors ships.

You have full information about the ships in our Game Guide for Ships in the following link:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=626622
Well, I don't mean to be a PITA, but the very first line of this new release about the "Ship Improvements" states "You can now skip any port at any time without waiting"...

Old Jan 10 2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Well, I don't mean to be a PITA, but the very first line of this new release about the "Ship Improvements" states "You can now skip any port at any time without waiting"...

The way I read it is you can skip any port as soon as your ship has arrived to that port.

For example, I have a dear neighbor who is having a personal problem and she is not doing the ships at this moment, but she uses to enter the game to send gifts and help with ingredients/bonuses. So I have her in my ship itinerary.

So as soon as my ship arrives to her port I skip it without waiting for hours checking if that user has loaded my ship.
Old Jan 10 2017, 06:30 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
The way I read it is you can skip any port as soon as your ship has arrived to that port.

For example, I have a dear neighbor who is having a personal problem and she is not doing the ships at this moment, but she uses to enter the game to send gifts and help with ingredients/bonuses. So I have her in my ship itinerary.

So as soon as my ship arrives to her port I skip it without waiting for hours checking if that user has loaded my ship.
See, that's where I think you're reading too much into what it actually says...the part "as soon as your ship has arrived to that port" is simply not stated in the release.

That "assumption" works directly into what Iwas saying about the cargo ships being too labor intensive. If you fail to stay on top of thing, you're missing out on things that COULD be done automatically like the trains do...I have a life & don't really want to have to be checking up on my cargo ships all time...just saying!

Old Jan 10 2017, 06:37 AM

Quote:
See, that's where I think you're reading too much into what it actually says...the part "as soon as your ship has arrived to that port" is simply not stated in the release.

That "assumption" works directly into what Iwas saying about the cargo ships being too labor intensive. If you fail to stay on top of thing, you're missing out on things that COULD be done automatically like the trains do...I have a life & don't really want to have to be checking up on my cargo ships all time...just saying!
If you have ideas or want to make suggestions about the ships, please post them in our Suggestion section for Ships, so the developers can read them, this is the link to that thread:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595066

Thank you
Old Jan 10 2017, 07:29 AM

Can I just say that some players are having no problems with the ships now and do not feel helping a neighbour is a waste of time. The developers are spending many hours updating the ships functions at players request during a holiday time. Thank you for their efforts. I use the skip function when necessary (not very often) and most of my ships come back within 3 days. I get a massive amount of products from this exercise. Thank you neighbours for checking your seaport managers so diligently (as I do). If you do not want to do the ships then don't. Leave it for those who want to do it.

Lara's Farm
Old Jan 10 2017, 08:03 AM

Level:
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara View Post
Can I just say that some players are having no problems with the ships now and do not feel helping a neighbour is a waste of time. The developers are spending many hours updating the ships functions at players request during a holiday time. Thank you for their efforts. I use the skip function when necessary (not very often) and most of my ships come back within 3 days. I get a massive amount of products from this exercise. Thank you neighbours for checking your seaport managers so diligently (as I do). If you do not want to do the ships then don't. Leave it for those who want to do it.
I agree .. I currently have 3 ships out and am loading one today ... I get up at 6 am most days .. I start loading a ship , set the timer .. go do life , if I start the containers by timer , I can get a ship fully loaded by evening .. When it won't work time wise to get a early enough start , I skip a day and start a ship the next morning .. I seem to have it now , where it is the 4 / 5 fastest loading ships that I'm loading , sending out and they are making it back in less than 7 days .. the others I have sitting as decoration and I 'can' send them off if none of the faster loading ships have came back in time for the morning > Load Start .. I am getting a ship 'Back' every day .. so to me it equals out .. All 7 ships do not have to be out .... I send my ships off and normally don't skip a port until the wait gets to 18 / 20 hrs .. then I skip that neighbors port and don't worry about it .. The amount of goods I get for a full ship that hits most or all of the ports is worth the effort ... I am retired , so I do understand that if you work you might not have the computer availability and the time to fully load a ship .. It is no effort for me , to check in game 'often' to make sure I send my neighbors ships on asap , not sending one on because I didn't do them myself would feel rude .... Thanks to the developers for all the work they do ...

Last edited by Tuckertbnc; Jan 10 2017 at 08:26 AM.
Closed Thread