Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback

Old Mar 23 2018, 11:38 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:
Default No Facilities vs Earned FC

Look, I need to earn FarmCash. The only way I can earn FarmCash is to complete Quests. How can I complete the Quests, when I don't have the facilities required to complete them? It's one of those things where they think that if I don't have it, they think I'll buy one in order to complete the Quests, yet I need to complete the Quest for the FarmCash. When choosing what to do, the benefit should be for the player, not the company. If you want me to continue playing (everyone in general), you need to help me get there. One way to get there is not to sabotage my attempt. Please, Fix the program so that the facilities that we don't have, doesn't come up.

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Mar 23 2018, 11:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by knolan View Post
Look, I need to earn FarmCash. The only way I can earn FarmCash is to complete Quests. How can I complete the Quests, when I don't have the facilities required to complete them? It's one of those things where they think that if I don't have it, they think I'll buy one in order to complete the Quests, yet I need to complete the Quest for the FarmCash. When choosing what to do, the benefit should be for the player, not the company. If you want me to continue playing (everyone in general), you need to help me get there. One way to get there is not to sabotage my attempt. Please, Fix the program so that the facilities that we don't have, doesn't come up.
Hi Knolan,
I moved your post to the Feedback subject thread about quests as the thread in the Social area you posted in is only for posting your open quests for others to be able to buy from you when they can't find a step among their own neighbors.
If you wish to make a suggestion for this please post it in the Suggestions section where they are grouped by subject for the developers to see.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 23 2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqrl View Post
There is nothing in the patterns anyone describes to indicate that the algorithm is not random. What we are looking at here are independent events. That is, that the algorithm has no knowledge of the previous choices it has made, and so those cannot influence its new choice. It cannot exclude a facility it has chosen previously. It cannot choose to pick a coins facility if it previously picked an FC facility because it has no memory of what it has picked previously.

Y'all need to study probability a bit more.
Then why do I always get quests that require newly released FC facilities a day or two after that facility becomes available?
Old Mar 23 2018, 03:18 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccheney View Post
Then why do I always get quests that require newly released FC facilities a day or two after that facility becomes available?
That only happens to me in the NCC. It does seem whatever algorithm used there pushes the newest facilities to the front, perhaps as an incentive to buy them. That's why I save my goodies up instead of working new service facilities right away. Inevitably, those facilities show up in the NCC within a few weeks, and I want to have lots to stock them.

But my regular and co-op quests are random. I do get new facilities and facilities I don't have, yes, but no more often than I get other facilities. I can go months getting facilities I have, and then boom-boom-boom, three or four facilities in a row I don't own. I've even gotten two of the exact same quest. Now that's random.
Old Mar 24 2018, 10:11 PM

How are you supposed to complete a quest when you don't have enough help tags to collect what you need? On top of that NO ONE has what I need. I need cork and cork tiles and not one neighbor has a quest containing cork. No one in the quest help thread has it and I have clicked on dozens of people in the market place and the inn and no one has either item. I was given only one help ticket so if I ask for one I won't be able to ask for the other. At least give us a fair chance to collect the needed items.
Old Mar 25 2018, 12:01 PM
Account Not Linked

I loved doing the quest . gave me a purpose to plant and accomplish some goals . But way to often I worked on it and at the end see I don't have the right facilities to finish I cant afford to buy anymore so there went time spend for nothing .ill just stop stressing over getting this done and spend the time I want on it ......thanks for listening
Old Mar 25 2018, 12:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorraine Millett Snyder View Post
I loved doing the quest . gave me a purpose to plant and accomplish some goals . But way to often I worked on it and at the end see I don't have the right facilities to finish I cant afford to buy anymore so there went time spend for nothing .ill just stop stressing over getting this done and spend the time I want on it ......thanks for listening
Hi Lorraine,
I moved your post to the Feedback subject thread about quests as you are not making a suggestion. You can always tell what facilities you need for a quest by hovering the mouse pointer over the step to see what facility it calls for so you will know whether you have the facility to complete the quest. If you don't have it and don't want to buy it, then you won't waste time doing the steps before it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Mar 27 2018, 08:37 AM
Account Not Linked

Default Quests - Locked Facilities or Seeds

I have had two quests in the last two days requiring ingredients/items to be produced at locked facilities or harvest items. The one now requires salt from the mineral mind when it is locked until level 56 - I am on level 24. Another quest that had to sit there until it expired was to harvest vanilla which is locked until level 44. So I am locked out for quests until it expires. I have one quest completed 4 days ago. this quest that requires the mineral mine will be there for 7 days, so my one completed quest is useless now. Why do you make it so that you have to have facilities or sees that are locked?
Old Mar 27 2018, 09:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerDonnie View Post
I have had two quests in the last two days requiring ingredients/items to be produced at locked facilities or harvest items. The one now requires salt from the mineral mind when it is locked until level 56 - I am on level 24. Another quest that had to sit there until it expired was to harvest vanilla which is locked until level 44. So I am locked out for quests until it expires. I have one quest completed 4 days ago. this quest that requires the mineral mine will be there for 7 days, so my one completed quest is useless now. Why do you make it so that you have to have facilities or sees that are locked?
Hi Donnie,
I am sorry, but they set the quests up as randomly assigned. They do not look to see what level you are or what facilities you own. So for those just starting out it is harder to get the quests going.
Old Apr 19 2018, 08:10 AM

Not sure that this is where to post this, but here goes.
I see people posting in "live chat" that they need to borrow a facility to complete a quest.
How does this work? I did not know that facilities could be loaned out.
Thank you for any help on this.