Go Back   Farm Town > Feedback and Suggestions > General Feedback
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Aug 15 2015, 12:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by priscillar View Post
I agree, I was close to 2 FC but then the next 2 quests were for facilities I don't own and are FC ones to boot. I do NOT think this is fair. I had to settle for 1 cash.
Oddly, I might have gotten the 2 FC had I gotten 2 quests I could do but I had previously finished 2 quests on the same day and would have lost those had I waited for 2 more new quests. Don't tell me this is random.

On top of that one loses all the other finished quests that were NOT needed to get that 1 FC. Again I don't think this is fair either.

I am also fairly certain the one for 2 FC had the number of quests increased recently. What's next, increase it to 15 or even higher?
Hi Priscillar,
The quests are assigned randomly as you know. The checking for facilities is only so it knows if you have the facility or facilites for the Open button.
Also, the number of quests needed to collect 2 farm cash has not changed. It has been 8 for the regular quests to get 2 farm cash and 13 for the co-operative quests to get 2 farm cash since the beginning of the farm cash reward for each type.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 18 2015, 08:02 AM

This has happened to me now for the third time. I am getting quests with factories that i can't do because of the level. Level 164, means i can't do factories quests with level 287! Why is farmtown giving me these quests? This causes me to lose out on coins which now is 3. Can i get back what i lost? and can this be corrected???
Old Aug 18 2015, 08:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlenedee View Post
This has happened to me now for the third time. I am getting quests with factories that i can't do because of the level. Level 164, means i can't do factories quests with level 287! Why is farmtown giving me these quests? This causes me to lose out on coins which now is 3. Can i get back what i lost? and can this be corrected???
Hi Darlenedee,
I am sorry this has happened to you. The quests are generated randomly and does not look at what level you are or what facilities you own.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 18 2015, 08:37 AM

Can someone please explain why quests appear in your game and you spend ages going through planting etc, only to nearly finish when a notice pops up to say you don't own the facility for the final stages?? So frustrating .... :-(
Old Aug 18 2015, 08:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut111 View Post
Can someone please explain why quests appear in your game and you spend ages going through planting etc, only to nearly finish when a notice pops up to say you don't own the facility for the final stages?? So frustrating .... :-(
Hi butternut,
When you start a quest, hover your mouse over the last step. That will tell you what facility you need to complete the quest. If you don't own, can't or won't buy the facility then don't bother with doing the rest of the steps.
Old Aug 18 2015, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi butternut,
When you start a quest, hover your mouse over the last step. That will tell you what facility you need to complete the quest. If you don't own, can't or won't buy the facility then don't bother with doing the rest of the steps.
Thanks Taz I will do this but it will still delay the quests that follow and you've wasted time to wait for that quest to time out.
Old Aug 18 2015, 09:02 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut111 View Post
Thanks Taz I will do this but it will still delay the quests that follow and you've wasted time to wait for that quest to time out.
Hi butternut,
Unfortunately that can't be helped. The quests are assigned randomly. It doesn't look to see what facilities you own when it generates what quest you are going to get.
Old Aug 19 2015, 12:38 AM

Default LOAD instead of batches in quests

The instructions say to reload FarmTown if you have gathered all the ingredients for a quest and the LOAD only button is available instead of BATCH number.
I do a quest a day. I can't get 2 farmcash because 2 out 5 quests end up with my not being able to finish them because they just say LOAD. I hit Load and it says for instance 2 hrs and then when I close it and come back it didn't start the last finished product because there was no batch just LOAD. this has been going on since last winter. I can't seem to get anyone to see what the problem is. It has to be a glitch.
Old Aug 19 2015, 01:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfness View Post
The instructions say to reload FarmTown if you have gathered all the ingredients for a quest and the LOAD only button is available instead of BATCH number.
I do a quest a day. I can't get 2 farmcash because 2 out 5 quests end up with my not being able to finish them because they just say LOAD. I hit Load and it says for instance 2 hrs and then when I close it and come back it didn't start the last finished product because there was no batch just LOAD. this has been going on since last winter. I can't seem to get anyone to see what the problem is. It has to be a glitch.
Hi Pfness,
I can't say that I have ever seen any of the buttons in facilities only say Load. They will say Start Batch or Load Batch. I don't know what instructions you are referring to about reloading Farm Town if you have a Load only button. If you could post a screenshot showing what exactly you are talking about then that might help. Instructions on how to post a screenshot are in the following thread link:
http://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601262

If when you go to a facility or service to Start or Load a batch of a product and that service or Facility is full with pending production for that product then you cannot start that product until the first batch previously started is completed. A facility or service can only hold 100% pending product of any one product. The Start Batch or Load Button is always visible but if you click on it and there isn't a spot to load that batch then you will see the text at the top tell you that you can only have X number of batches in that facility meaning that the batch was not started.
If this happens you can post your facilities or service to a neighbor and have them work them so you can empty some space to be able to start a batch for your quest or you can wait the time for one batch to finish and then will be able to start the one you need for your quest.

Last edited by Taz D; Aug 19 2015 at 01:10 AM.
Old Aug 20 2015, 08:44 AM

I have 6 regular quests done in 7 days, but instead of offering me a single farm cash it keeps telling me not enough quests have been completed when I try to collect it. I do not have enough quests in progress to try for 2 farm cash since it is going to be several hours until another unlocks.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.