Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Jul 27 2019, 07:14 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanie12325 View Post
I restarted game several times and no avatars showing to hire help. This started yesterday afternoon. I tried trade the inn. Having problems, pls help.
Hi jeanie12325,

I have moved your post to the thread about the Markets.

The most likely cause of this tends to be that the language in your game preferences has changed to another language. I had a look at your game data and it is not set to either of the English languages so you need to change that.

Click on the preferences icon, where you would go to show or hide crops trees etc and look at the bottom of the Preferences window. For Language it needs to be set to either English (US) or English (UK).

Change it to one of those and then click the green check mark to save. Reload the game and then check the market again.
Old Aug 06 2019, 11:49 AM

I don't know if this has anything to do with the latest release, but for the past few days when I go to the trade marketplace, it never shows anyone but me & the "buyer" guy in there. Usually there are a bunch of people in there, from whom I can buy items for my co-operative quests. What do I need to do to be able to see these people again?? Thanks!
Old Aug 06 2019, 11:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Shine View Post
I don't know if this has anything to do with the latest release, but for the past few days when I go to the trade marketplace, it never shows anyone but me & the "buyer" guy in there. Usually there are a bunch of people in there, from whom I can buy items for my co-operative quests. What do I need to do to be able to see these people again?? Thanks!
Hi Dan Shine,
I moved your post to the Help & Support subject thread about the markets.
Your language is set correctly, but may not be working correctly. Try setting your language to something else like English (UK) in the preferences, click the green check to save, then close your farms and reopen them. Then reset it back to English (US), save it and then try the market again.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Aug 06 2019, 02:54 PM

Default No people in marketplace

I've tried changing the language--I tried both German & French, as they would be easy to see the change, but it never changed to German or French. It stayed in English (US) even though the preference showed the other language. I cleared my browser history & rebooted my computer. Changed the preference back to English, even though the language never had actually changed. I still see no people in the trade marketplace. Any other suggestions? Do you know why the language would not actually change for me?
Thanks!
Old Aug 06 2019, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I've tried changing the language--I tried both German & French, as they would be easy to see the change, but it never changed to German or French. It stayed in English (US) even though the preference showed the other language. I cleared my browser history & rebooted my computer. Changed the preference back to English, even though the language never had actually changed. I still see no people in the trade marketplace. Any other suggestions? Do you know why the language would not actually change for me?
Thanks!
Hi Dan

Taz is not available at this moment.

Please run memcache, link below, to clear your game memory. A new window will open with a short list of unsettings. Close that window and your farm if it was open in another tab. Then reopen your farms.

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

You can then go to the Trade marketplace and see if you can see other farmers.

If it is still empty, then see if you can change your language in your preferences, the wrench, accep by clicking in the green tick and then reload the farm.
After reloading, change your language back to English US, accept by clicking in the green tick and go to check the marketplace.

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Aug 06 2019, 03:51 PM

Unhappy Still no people

I've tried the link--it showed a bunch of unsettings. I changed the language using the wrench again, but even though I click the green checkmark, it still doesn't change the language to German. There are still no people in the trade marketplace when I go there. Any other suggestions??
Old Aug 06 2019, 03:59 PM

Quote:
I've tried the link--it showed a bunch of unsettings. I changed the language using the wrench again, but even though I click the green checkmark, it still doesn't change the language to German. There are still no people in the trade marketplace when I go there. Any other suggestions??
Dan when you click in the arrow to see the list of languages available and you hover your mouse over German, does it highlight in light blue so you can click in it and then click in the green checkmark?

Old Aug 06 2019, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Hi Dan

We worked together to get this fixed but we cant see each other on market. You can only see Tom while I can see many farmers there. So the only thing I can suggest you is to contact Support to let them check on this problem.

To contact them click on the link below, fill out the form and submit it. Be patient as it can take anywhere from a few hours to a few days for them to respond to you depending on how many tickets they have ahead of yours.

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/settings2/support/

You will receive an automatic response email when you submit your ticket. That email will have your ticket number and a link for you to check the status of your ticket, so please do not delete that email. If you do not see the email then check your spam folder as sometimes those emails get classified as spam.

Old Aug 06 2019, 05:16 PM

Smile

Thank you so much for all of your help!
Old Aug 06 2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much for all of your help!
You are very welcome Dan

Tags
avatar status colors, change language, market icons, market place, messages, no-one in market, status colors, stuck messages