Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Dec 26 2016, 08:30 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeCK View Post
I am getting posts from friends that ships are docked in my port - when i look no ship or ships are there.. My ship is docked at a friends port over 24 hours i asked her if my ship was in her port.. it was she didn't click it but left. so now my ship will not move on. also i was working on the next ship had clicked 2 boxes and before bed i clicked #3 this morning it showed that I did nothing. and have to start over... not sure i will like this ship thing.. if neighbors do not want to play they need to opt out i have a neighbor that is getting rid of me as a neighbor because i didn't click her ship that wasn't in my port but showing on her end i was. it was Christmas i wasn't on line but with family yesterday, i came on before bed and posts everywhere from her to click her ship that wasn't in my dock we are now no longer friends because of this. this is a great thing many will get mad and be defriended because you weren't fast enough to click the ship in the dock. that may or may not be showing it is.. Screaming now... Merry Christmas
Some farmers have more patience than others - Some like new things and some dislike changes. A few deep breaths and a little more mutual understanding would go down well. The unfriending business is very unfortunate

When we will be able to design our own itineraries and skip up to 3 neighbours after a 12 hour wait there should be less frustration all round.
When your Seaport Manager shows a number but is empty when you load it, so far that has meant that the ship in your port is from someone you are a neighbour to but do not have as one of your neighbours. We are all waiting to see what effects the latest Post-Release Update will have.

Re your out of time ship - sorry but you'll just have to start preparing it again - did you start filling the containers as soon as you clicked prepare ship ?
comment trouver votre farmlink how to find your farmlink
memcache where's my post gone quoi de neuf
Support (si on ne peut pas résoudre un problème ici)

Last edited by LazyMare; Dec 26 2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old Dec 26 2016, 08:34 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautysmom View Post
Second ship second time that the system has sent it to a person I am not friends with on FB or neighbor to in FT.... No way to get past that person now.... Unfriending someone appears to have no bearing on FT's memory--you are always having to work around that problem--ships, trains, etc. At least you can skip them with the trains, but not with the ships?
Hi beautysmom

Hopefully the Post Release update will avoid that problem in future

Post-Release Updates - December 26, 7:00AM

- We will work on these changes to address the complains in the Ship Feature:

a) You will be able to design your own itinerary, we will pick one for you and then you will be able to replace any neighbour by any other neighbour, including changing their orders. Once you are done, the final itinerary will be the default starting itinerary for your next ship.

b) If a ship has been stuck for more than 12 hours in the same port, you will be able to dispatch the ship to the next port. However, you will be able to do this up to 3 times only, depending on the amount of ports in the ships itinerary.

c) We will allow Ships from non-neighbours to show up in the Seaport Manager, which should solve the issue listed in the "Known Issues" section below.

- We will add soon another section in the Seaport Manager so you can see all your ships and their locations, and open the Ship Managers from that section without navigating to the ships farm.
Old Dec 26 2016, 08:37 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJones277 View Post
Thanks for the update. Sounds like the devs are working hard to make this feature work well. Still would like to know what happened to my friend's ship that was waiting for me to load it, but wasn't anywhere to be found on my end.
You may like to ask them if they are still ''stuck on you" to quote the song
Hopefully the answer will come back that their ship is on it's way to the next port of call as up until now an empty seaport manager has automtically sent on ships of those friends we are a neighbour to
Old Dec 26 2016, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Rae View Post
This is what I am posting, customized so only the person involved will see it, for help with the ships.. its been working so far..
SHIP AHOY!! my ship is in your SEAPORT MANAGER, in your ft toolbox, please Enter that ship, then click fast about 10 times to Load it with products supplied by the Mayor, and it will leave for the next port. Now if you don't see any ship when you open the SEAPORT MANAGER, it means you don't have me as a neighbor but the game will recognize this and send the loaded ship on its way to its next port, thank you.
love it
Old Dec 26 2016, 09:18 AM

I had another one of my neighbors ships that took over 30 clicks to load in my seaport manager. Each time I clicked on it it loaded 3 percent. This is the second ship like this I have had.
Old Dec 26 2016, 09:23 AM

Do we get any goods for doing our neighbours ships for them?
Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ITL05, 11th Gen, i7

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...1959&farm_ix=0

https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...c_location=ufi

FB profile (accepting no FR for the time being) - https://www.facebook.com/alexandrajeffery88
Old Dec 26 2016, 09:25 AM

The first time I found a ship in my port, it allowed me to load 19% and then became un-clickable. The second time may have been the same ship (same neighbour, didn't note the color) but I HOPE NOT, because if so it had been there a really long time. If a neighbor spends half the day preparing it I don't want to feel responsible for filling it when there's no guarantee I can. At least the feature worked the second time.

The helper should get at least token compensation for loading the Mayor's products on a neighbour's containers. It's work, someone is doing it, and they should get something for it.

I'm putting off buying ships, mostly because I don't have time to load them, but also because I won't pester or guilt anyone into helping me. The ships are different because the request goes out, not to one's neighbourhood, but to one targeted person at a time. One of the best things about this game is that you can be social or play solo, depending on how you feel right now. Encouraging social behavior is fine - pressuring individuals is not fine.

I suggest that one's neighbours should have to OPT IN... if I had to buy a port, and place it on a farm to activate it, then my neighbours know that they are not bothering me, and that their ships likely won't be stuck there all week. I can put it in storage if I go on holiday - and the game has MUCH better information about where to send the ships. And, it would be kinda cool to see my neighbor's ships docked on my farm. That last was probably ridiculous ... but it would be.

George
Off-and-on FarmTown resident since 2008

Come to Greenhaven:
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...6512&farm_ix=2
Old Dec 26 2016, 09:33 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dirt View Post
I had another one of my neighbors ships that took over 30 clicks to load in my seaport manager. Each time I clicked on it it loaded 3 percent. This is the second ship like this I have had.
Hi Dr Dirt

We have noticed that too and are waiting on clarification from the Devs.
Thank You for posting it
Old Dec 26 2016, 09:52 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish Lil Princess View Post
Do we get any goods for doing our neighbours ships for them?
Nothing mentioned in New Realease yet but if we expect our neighbours to advance our ships we should also be happy to advance theirs
Old Dec 26 2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Majik Merlin,
If you look at your toolbox icon when you open your farms, if there is a ship in your seaport then you will see a red circle with a number in it (the number is how many).
With the trains you have to open the My Requests to see that trains are there for you to boost.
That was a nice sounding plan Taz, but my red circle only worked the first day and has not shown up since. Problem is 10 or 12 ships have come to my port and I only found out by either a message (that I am getting tired of) or hitting the little icon every time I see it and I HAVE moved it to my quicky toolbox at the bottom to make that easier. SO many of these people wanting a way to know, would be alleviated if the red circle would just work.
Closed Thread