Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Sep 01 2010, 04:34 AM

Default New Release -- September 1st, 2010

*****Please see post launch fixes at the end*****

Hey There,

We just released a new version of the game with the following features and bug fixes:

1. 13 New Flowers: 10 in the store and 3 in the gift page. All flowers were created by Debbie (a FarmTown player and community member) and donated to the FarmTown game, many thanks to her.

2. Log Truck with Chainsaw (FC): Allows you to chop up to 32 trees at a time, it works very similar to the treeshaker tool.

3. Default Farm Selection: When clicking on the farm title text, you will see a new checkbox in that window to select that current farm as your default farm. The default farm will be the farm where you and your friends will be landing on when visiting you.

4. Show Decorations: We added this new option to the Option Window (top right tool icon) to make it easier for you to hide all decorations at once, including fences.

5. 'Decorations' category restructured: The store 'Decorations' category have now been divided in 5:

Farming Decor - All decorations that you would naturally expect to see in a farm
Motion - All items with a purpose or transportation of humans or any other stuff. Previous giftable fathers day items like golf carts, ATV and hot rods have been added to this category
Furniture - All furnitures
Fun - All items with a fun purpuse. All fathers day sport items have been added to this category
Other - The rest of the old 'Decorations' category. Previous mothers day sculptures have been added to this category and to the Topiaries

6. Mineral Mine (coins): Allows you to produce silver, gold and diamonds.

7. Jewelry Factory (FC): Allows you to produce jewels:

Earring
Necklace
Photo Frame with embeded jewelry
Ring
Watch
Jewelry Box with embeded jewelry

8. Pasta Factory (coins): Allows you to produce uncooked pasta:

Spaghetti
Macaroni
Fettuccine
Linguine
Lasagne

9. Pasta Restaurant (FC): Allows you to produce salads and pasta dishes:

Caprese Salad
Caesar Chicken Salad
Garden Salad
Macaroni and Cheese
Spaghetti with Meatballs
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Seafood Linguine
Meat Lasagne

10. Tomato Sauce: Some Pasta Dishes requires Tomato Sauce which you can now make in the Food Preserver Factory.

11. Multitools and the 'Remove space between fields' setting: From now on, all multitools (except for the multiplower to be completed for the next release)will work as expected independent on the 'Remove space between fields' setting, before, setting/unsetting that option could make your multitools only do one field at a time for a while.

12. When hiring others, incorrect crop count on storage for fertilized crops: This bug should now be fixed, no need to refresh the game anymore to see the correct count.

13. Fences can now be selected and hidden without issues.

14. Harvest, Plow and Tool vertical toolbars now dissapear when you select a tool and start working.

15. Minor Changes: Horse Training Area now allows you to put some horses on it. Alternative views for facilities are now the default on the store, when you purchase them, you can always go back to the previous cartoonish look if you want to.

Farm 6 and new levels comming soon...

Enjoy!

*****Post launch fixes*****

- Big Bulldozer now deletes 3 types of fields, harvested fields, gone to waste and regular plow fields
- The Tools are not hidden when you hide all decorations
- There is a warning once per day, that alert you when you have decorations, buildings or other stuff hidden in the game, so you don't panic when you see all them gone without remembering why
- We discoreverd that the Horse Training Area item fix is not functioning as expected, this will take longer to fix, please ignore this functionality for the time being

Thanks

--Raul

Last edited by Raul; Sep 02 2010 at 02:25 AM.
Old Sep 01 2010, 04:43 AM

Thank you Raul.

Can't wait to check out the new flowers and kudos to Debbie for designing them.

I am quite certain that log truck will be very popular and I love the default farm idea!!
Old Sep 01 2010, 04:47 AM

Happy happy joy joy. *dances*

Just bought and used the Log truck, sweet.
Old Sep 01 2010, 04:55 AM

Great .... Thanks
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:00 AM

Since this update my big bulldozer no longer does anything. I bought three of them and now they're just sitting there on my farms...
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:03 AM

How soon the 6th farm will be please?
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:04 AM

Very fun! *off to look at the new flowers*
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:06 AM

Thanks Raul
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:10 AM

The gal who did the flowers did a lovely job!! What a nice variety!! And the separation of farm decor, wow, was that ever needed! Thank you thank you thank you!!!
Old Sep 01 2010, 05:11 AM

Default Omg!

An iris! I am totally obsessed with irises and it was the one thing i have always said my farm needed! Thank you so much Debbie!

And Raul and the devs for everything else

The Wooooooot Estate
Second Farm .... Woooooot Glen
Third Farm .... Wooooootburgh
Fourth Farm.... Loch Woooooot
Fifth Farm .... BallyWooooot
Sixth Farm .... Wooooootshire
Seventh Farm .... Strathwoooooot

Closed Thread