Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old Nov 17 2023, 12:22 PM

Lag, drag, and stick is back along with crops and or water etc NOT harvesting. Mouse is FINE outside the game.Everything loads just fine, and normally harvesting etc is fast. I have also been having the same lag and drag issue inside the Facility manager when working my quests. Have not had an issue since a few weeks ago, but this morning, it began again. I do not have deep overlay of items. Just some layered crops 3x. We have high speed broadband cable, and do not have traffic issues. If that were so other things online would be slow and laggy too. It is just INSIDE the game. And with the crops etc NOT harvesting when clicked, something is not right here.
Old Nov 17 2023, 12:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAP27 View Post
Lag, drag, and stick is back along with crops and or water etc NOT harvesting. Mouse is FINE outside the game.Everything loads just fine, and normally harvesting etc is fast. I have also been having the same lag and drag issue inside the Facility manager when working my quests. Have not had an issue since a few weeks ago, but this morning, it began again. I do not have deep overlay of items. Just some layered crops 3x. We have high speed broadband cable, and do not have traffic issues. If that were so other things online would be slow and laggy too. It is just INSIDE the game. And with the crops etc NOT harvesting when clicked, something is not right here.
Hi Riap,
When you connect to other sites and things on the internet you do not go through the same path to get to those as you do to get to the Farm Town servers. The only part that is common iis between you and your service provider. Beyond there the path is not the same.
When you connect to the Farm Town servers your data has to go throughh many links in that path to get to the servers. Any one of those links can be having problems and be down or experiencing high amounts of traffic causing slow downs. Neither your service provider or Slashkey have any control or monitoring capability for those links to determine where the problem is.
There is nothing wrong in the game or the servers that is causing your slow down. I am sorry, but the only thing you can do is wait for them to get the traffic level down on whichever link is having the problem.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 17 2023, 12:46 PM

It is weird. I did close the game and reloaded and was able to finish up on my neighbor's farm. Next time I will check to see if an error message comes up below the farm. I didn't even think to look if there is one but saw it mentioned up a few posts. Hopefully just changing the connection route clears this up because it is a PITA. The mouse doesn't want to move, sticks and drags and at the end, stopped harvesting even tho it let me click on stuff. But the reloead seems to have cleared it up, for now.
Old Dec 02 2023, 05:26 PM
Account Not Linked

ever since this update, the farms have been loading very slowly (without the red numbers even showing up) and sometimes locking up... i'm also still having stuff showing as not worked right after i finish them... i've done all the usual troubleshooting stuff (clean cache, reboot, reload, etc) and it hasn't helped
Old Dec 02 2023, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastkat37 View Post
ever since this update, the farms have been loading very slowly (without the red numbers even showing up) and sometimes locking up... i'm also still having stuff showing as not worked right after i finish them... i've done all the usual troubleshooting stuff (clean cache, reboot, reload, etc) and it hasn't helped
Hi bastkat

There was a problem with items showing up again as not completed after reloading the farm.
This problem was fixed.

Are you loading the game from a saved link in your computer? If so please try this link and after loading your farms, see if Build 572 is showing up below your game screen.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/login
Old Dec 02 2023, 05:42 PM
Account Not Linked

i am on build 572, yes... and i reloaded with that link you provided... i'm harvesting as an SN right now, and it's still going very slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by marymarcel View Post
Hi bastkat

There was a problem with items showing up again as not completed after reloading the farm.
This problem was fixed.

Are you loading the game from a saved link in your computer? If so please try this link and after loading your farms, see if Build 572 is showing up below your game screen.
https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/login
Old Dec 02 2023, 05:50 PM

Quote:
i am on build 572, yes... and i reloaded with that link you provided... i'm harvesting as an SN right now, and it's still going very slowly
Hi bastkat

There are various facts that could affect your game, for example, your superneighbor farms are heavily layered, or there is an internet issue for you, or many people on line, etc.

You have some suggestions to try in the following thread:
https://www.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?t=504374

If your problems continue, then please post in that thread.
Old Dec 02 2023, 05:55 PM
Account Not Linked

i've done all of those things... also, i've been working her farms for several years with no real problems except when there's game-wide issues... i just got a new computer before this update and in fact i noticed that i spent 10-15 minutes less getting her farms done... i know i'm not alone because she's complained about the same thing on my farms

Quote:
Hi bastkat

There are various facts that could affect your game, for example, your superneighbor farms are heavily layered, or there is an internet issue for you, or many people on line, etc.

You have some suggestions to try in the following thread:

If your problems continue, then please post in that thread.
Old Dec 02 2023, 06:10 PM

Quote:
i've done all of those things... also, i've been working her farms for several years with no real problems except when there's game-wide issues... i just got a new computer before this update and in fact i noticed that i spent 10-15 minutes less getting her farms done... i know i'm not alone because she's complained about the same thing on my farms
There are many links between you and the Farm Town servers. Anyone of those links could be having traffic problems that is slowing down your data transfer. Unfortunately we have no control over those links.

You also say that you have a new computer, please be sure that all updates are done for it, not only browser updates but operation system updates.

I will move all posts to this thread shortly:
Old Dec 02 2023, 06:25 PM
Account Not Linked

all updates are done... but thank you anyway! hopefully it'll clear up on its own

Quote:
There are many links between you and the Farm Town servers. Anyone of those links could be having traffic problems that is slowing down your data transfer. Unfortunately we have no control over those links.

You also say that you have a new computer, please be sure that all updates are done for it, not only browser updates but operation system updates.

I will move all posts to this thread shortly:

Tags
slow, slow game, slow loading, slow running, slow saving