Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi earlgrey,
I am sorry this happened, but no there isn't any way to track this. If it gets reported more then I might think it is a glitch, but without a hire I do not believe even from the facility work request you cannot do other work. The only messages you might get from a facility work request would be that you are not a neighbor and can't work or would get the raking, watering, etc messages.
And unless they are one of your neighbors/friends they would not see the post in the wall requests. So you would have to know who this person is if that is how it happened.
OK, thanks, I understand. It will have to just be considered a very weird glitch at this point. I certainly don't know the person who did it, she is not a Facebook friend of mine. Maybe farm numbers got crossed up when I was in the marketplace to sell stuff, who knows what went wrong. It sounds like she maybe didn't even get a proper hire request. Please just keep it in mind though in case it happens to somebody else.
Link below not mine.)

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Nov 28 2015, 07:33 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlgray View Post
OK, thanks, I understand. It will have to just be considered a very weird glitch at this point. I certainly don't know the person who did it, she is not a Facebook friend of mine. Maybe farm numbers got crossed up when I was in the marketplace to sell stuff, who knows what went wrong. It sounds like she maybe didn't even get a proper hire request. Please just keep it in mind though in case it happens to somebody else.
Hi earlgrey,
We will of course watch for it.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Nov 29 2015, 03:27 AM

Sometimes I hire people, but something needs to be changed about how I hired them, be it that they want to use their own tools or my tools or fuel when they weren't before. When I re-hire them, reflecting the changes necessary in the options, they accept the offer but the changes don't apply. For example:
I hired someone to chop and harvest trees and flowers on two farms, using my fuel but not my tools. They want to use my tools, so I send them a new hire request with the option ticked for them to use my fuel AND tools, they accept and land at my farm again, but they still can't use my tools, only my fuel.
How do we fix this? We've tried both reloading the game, moving back to the marketplace and trying it there. Nothing.
Old Nov 29 2015, 08:44 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Hi earlgrey,
We will of course watch for it.
I received a note from the person who did it. She said she was reading another message I'd posted to the forum, and used the link in my signature to visit my farm. And then discovered that she was hired to work my farms. So there is what happened, and I'm sure it shouldn't have been possible, right?
Link below not mine.)

Visit 's Farm

DB:W20, MPS:C20
Old Dec 03 2015, 10:34 PM

Default Trouble Working

Sorry, I couldn't find a thread referring to my particular problem. I have been going into the market to work on other farmers land but there is a bug I guess? I can work on some peoples farms but others I cant. The farm grid is all messed up, and even though there is work there, I can't do the jobs. My avatar just keeps saying "wait, I'm busy". Would you mind fixing this plz?

Another problem i seem to be having is when I go back to my farms after not being able to work, i get there and some of my farms appear to be missing and somehow I am showing the greenhand in use when I never clicked on it to begin with. So weird.

I'm on WF36

my farm link http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...753&farm_ix=23
Old Dec 03 2015, 10:41 PM

I did not get the bonus chest either when hired twice now. There is a glitch somewhere. Not sure what is going on and game is slow. Two hires said I could use their fuel but ended using all my fuel instead and none of theirs. Then when chopping they said I could use tools and fuel and they only had an axe. I told them only got an axe and they hired someone else who just came in and cut it down fast with a saw that was not fair as I also have a saw but they wanted me to use their tools and fuel then ripped me off. Hired another person when I was doing my best to chop with just the axe they provided.
Old Dec 03 2015, 10:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyFarmGirl View Post
Sorry, I couldn't find a thread referring to my particular problem. I have been going into the market to work on other farmers land but there is a bug I guess? I can work on some peoples farms but others I cant. The farm grid is all messed up, and even though there is work there, I can't do the jobs. My avatar just keeps saying "wait, I'm busy". Would you mind fixing this plz?

Another problem i seem to be having is when I go back to my farms after not being able to work, i get there and some of my farms appear to be missing and somehow I am showing the greenhand in use when I never clicked on it to begin with. So weird.

I'm on WF36

my farm link http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...753&farm_ix=23
Hi ArmyFarmGirl,
There was a change tonight for the hiring to remove the black boxes when you start harvesting.
Post-Release Updates - December 3rd, 9:25PM

- We removed the Black "Loading ..." box that appeared when you start harvesting as an employee.

It is possible you may not have waited long enough to see if the tool shows to do the work.

For going back to your farms after working I highly recommend you close their farms and reopen yours new as that has always been a problem of it still thinking you are an employee instead of the owner.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Dec 03 2015, 10:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by celanith View Post
I did not get the bonus chest either when hired twice now. There is a glitch somewhere. Not sure what is going on and game is slow. Two hires said I could use their fuel but ended using all my fuel instead and none of theirs. Then when chopping they said I could use tools and fuel and they only had an axe. I told them only got an axe and they hired someone else who just came in and cut it down fast with a saw that was not fair as I also have a saw but they wanted me to use their tools and fuel then ripped me off. Hired another person when I was doing my best to chop with just the axe they provided.
Hi celanith,
It has always been set up that if you are hired and you have fuel then you use your fuel until you run out. You only use the employer's fuel if you have none. You do not have to use their tools if you have a better one. That just gives you the option of using theirs if they have a better tool than yours. One thing you do have to do is make sure you have your tools in your storage or they will not be usable on other's farms.
Old Dec 03 2015, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Hi ArmyFarmGirl,
There was a change tonight for the hiring to remove the black boxes when you start harvesting.
Post-Release Updates - December 3rd, 9:25PM

- We removed the Black "Loading ..." box that appeared when you start harvesting as an employee.

It is possible you may not have waited long enough to see if the tool shows to do the work.

For going back to your farms after working I highly recommend you close their farms and reopen yours new as that has always been a problem of it still thinking you are an employee instead of the owner.
No that's not it. I did notice the black box was gone. I sat on a farm for 10 minutes waiting to work but still didn't let me. It wouldn't let me choose any tools from the toolbox or short cuts. I'm not sure what's going on exactly. Like i said, on some farms I can work, and some I can't.
Old Dec 04 2015, 10:32 AM

I cannot hire from mrkt. The req does not show.. did memcache and reload, etc. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited by Momma Woods; Dec 04 2015 at 10:41 AM.

Tags
bonus, bonus chest, coins, hiring, hiring issues, marketplace, no xp bonuses, show work info, tools missing when hired