Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > Help & Support

Old Oct 18 2018, 06:05 AM

Location: UK but i'd rather be somewhere hot and sunny :) with a swimming pool!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1actress View Post
Thanks so much for the quick reply Tiger I never knew that or even noticed that before. LOL Shows how much attention I've paid to details!!!! You learn something new every day
you are welcome A1actress
Old Oct 20 2018, 07:18 PM

Default Marketplace hires not getting XP

I have had a few people, strangers I hired from the Marketplace, tell me they are not getting XP for anything they do on my farms. Most of them get mad and leave. From your quote below, they should be getting XP, right?
I thought they were not getting XP because they were harvesting a layered field so couldn't plow it, but they said they should be, and that they didn't get XP for the fields that were not layered (which they did plow) or any other work either.
Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!!

"As you are working for a neighbour the only time you would get XP is if you were plowing or, as an SN, planting for them. You would only earn XP for the other jobs if you were hired at market by a stranger and you would get that as part of the bonus chest."
Old Oct 20 2018, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammieRee View Post
I have had a few people, strangers I hired from the Marketplace, tell me they are not getting XP for anything they do on my farms. Most of them get mad and leave. From your quote below, they should be getting XP, right?
I thought they were not getting XP because they were harvesting a layered field so couldn't plow it, but they said they should be, and that they didn't get XP for the fields that were not layered (which they did plow) or any other work either.
Any ideas? Thanks a bunch!!

"As you are working for a neighbour the only time you would get XP is if you were plowing or, as an SN, planting for them. You would only earn XP for the other jobs if you were hired at market by a stranger and you would get that as part of the bonus chest."
Hi GrammieRee

If you hired them to only harvest fields then they do not get XP, they only get XP if they plow those fields too.

As you hired them at marketplace and they were strangers, then they will able to get the Bonus chest if they complete all jobs they were hired for. As part of the bonus chest, they could get XP for harvesting flowers, trees, chopping and fishing if you hired them for those jobs.

You have all the information in the following link from our Game Guide:

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthr...66#post5832366

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Oct 20 2018, 09:14 PM

I hire to harvest and plow because some of my fields are layered but some are not. Then when they don't get xp for plowing the layered fields they get mad and insist they should still be getting xp for it even though I explain that it must be cleared and won't plow. Thought maybe I was wrong about it, so thank you very much for clearing that up for me!
Old Oct 20 2018, 09:36 PM

Quote:
I hire to harvest and plow because some of my fields are layered but some are not. Then when they don't get xp for plowing the layered fields they get mad and insist they should still be getting xp for it even though I explain that it must be cleared and won't plow. Thought maybe I was wrong about it, so thank you very much for clearing that up for me!
Hi GrammieRee

If you hired them to harvest and plow, no matter if the fields were layered or not, then they should have got XP for their plowing.

We have no way to check if they got XP, the only way we could check is if they post here on the forum. If you are still in contact with them, please ask them to register on the forum, and then post here with a link to their farms.

LINKING YOUR FARM TO THE FORUM

SUPPORT TEAM

Granjera desde el 29 de Julio 2009
Old Oct 20 2018, 09:43 PM

Oh, so they were right, they SHOULD have gotten xp even though the plowing didn't take! Wow, no wonder they got mad. lol Next time I will give them the link to this thread so they can contact you about it. Thank you!
Old Oct 20 2018, 09:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Oh, so they were right, they SHOULD have gotten xp even though the plowing didn't take! Wow, no wonder they got mad. lol Next time I will give them the link to this thread so they can contact you about it. Thank you!
Hi GrammieRee,
If the plowing didn't take then no they would not get credit for it. When you hire for the layered farms do not hire for plowing as that can't be done. If you have some that are not layered and you want them to plow then hire those farms in a separate hire.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.

Tags
experience points, farm cash, farm cash not received, farmtown cash, level, level up, levels