Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Jun 10 2012, 05:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
Ok, so given that all of my facilites are full right now - will this work? Go to the farm where the facility is, buy the box car. Put the box car in storage to move it to my train farm. Do the same thing for the other 2 boxcars. Dispatch all 3 from my train farm. That works?
Yes. You will have to buy the locomotive first and place it on the farm with the facilities. Then refresh or reload ( haven't figured out whether refresh works for this) your farm, go into store and buy the 3 cars. You do not have to put down track to do this. Just need space to set them down and click to add to storage.
Put locomotive and 3 cars into storage and then set them linked together on your train farm and then dispatch from there.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 10 2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer_Susan View Post
But what in the world does that mean? At first, I thought "outside markets" meant our neighbors - like it was an automated way to work our neighbors' facilities. But that doesn't seem to be it.
Wouldn't it be nice to be able to work our neighbours farms so it isn't so time consuming....we also would then gain more products for our facilities at the same time. It seems that isn't going to happen for some time even if it ever does. Not while they are wanting to sell Train Carriages/Freight Cars to the players to gain more products. I for one will not be spending my money on these items. I will pay real money for a quick way to work my neighbours facilities though.

Like myself, I have noticed in the last few month that many of my neighbours are not playing to the same degree as they used to. Only a matter of time before I put the game on the back burner...only so much acorn squash that I will grow. Pity really...it is the only game I play after deleting and becoming bored with others.

Farm Town player since July 12, 2009

In real life, a true blue farmer!
Old Jun 10 2012, 05:58 PM

OK..looks like I won't have to wait for the FT Freight Train for Dummies book. I think I got it. Lets see...I buy the freight head car and the box car I need and buy and place it on the same farm where the facility is I need to get the extra items. Once I place the order..the train "ghosts" until it is ready to be unloaded. Just one question..does the train have to stay on the farm or can it be placed in storage until all the items arrive? I only can use the one for paper rolls for now. As most here, I have more than enough of the other products.

Farm Town addict since May, 2010

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2282&farm_ix=0
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:03 PM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer DeDe View Post
OK..looks like I won't have to wait for the FT Freight Train for Dummies book. I think I got it. Lets see...I buy the freight head car and the box car I need and buy and place it on the same farm where the facility is I need to get the extra items. Once I place the order..the train "ghosts" until it is ready to be unloaded. Just one question..does the train have to stay on the farm or can it be placed in storage until all the items arrive? I only can use the one for paper rolls for now. As most here, I have more than enough of the other products.
It has to be on a farm, cause once it is set on its way it is locked and can't be moved from that farm, but after you purchase the freight cars you can move the train and cars to any farm you want
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer DeDe View Post
Once you have "dispatched"... the ghost train is stuck there until all the product is "delivered"

so...

buy the engine... put it on the farm where you will want it to stay.

buy a freight car and put in on the farm where the corresponding facility is currently placed

then put it in storage

then move it to the farm where you want it, and hook it up to the engine

repeat with any other freight cars you want and can afford

once they are all joined to engine.... dispatch... and they all go "ghosty"

When the "bonus" button is enabled (coming "soon"), it appears that your freight cars will be able to be worked along with other facilities.

Old Jun 10 2012, 06:08 PM
Senior Moderator

I am trying to figure out why I would want to buy a 2nd train. Only one can be dispatched at a time?
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris the Farmer View Post
The requirements are only to buy it plus having the loco on the farm (maybe storage but unconfirmed). Once you own the cars you can put them on any farm you want, even if there are none of the "supported" facilities. The train will still be allowed to operate. Proven on wife's farm.
Thank-you I wasnt keen on moving the Facs.

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneFace View Post
Once you have "dispatched"... the ghost train is stuck there until all the product is "delivered"

so...

buy the engine... put it on the farm where you will want it to stay.

buy a freight car and put in on the farm where the corresponding facility is currently placed

then put it in storage

then move it to the farm where you want it, and hook it up to the engine

repeat with any other freight cars you want and can afford

once they are all joined to engine.... dispatch... and they all go "ghosty"

When the "bonus" button is enabled (coming "soon"), it appears that your freight cars will be able to be worked along with other facilities.

Thanks I think I got it now

Farm Town addict since May, 2010

http://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/pl...2282&farm_ix=0
Old Jun 10 2012, 06:17 PM

If it helps anyone, i've now released a new chapter in the Game Guide for the freight trains

http://r1.slashkey.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5185334

How to manually link your Farm to the forum

Contact Support

Old Jun 10 2012, 06:20 PM

Ok - I managed to buy all boxcars, get them linked up and dispatch them. Two things and then I think I'll be happy:

1. How do we see what products each car is bringing?
2. And again - now that I see the "ghost train", that's going to drive me NUTS. It wrecks the look of my farm. I agree that we need some kind of status indicator, but . . . can it either be something that only appears on mouseover and/or, can we turn off the ghost effect if we don't like it (like we can turn off the fertilized crop thing)? The only other thing I can think of is to hide it behind a bunch of trees or put it on a farm I don't care about - but it LOOKS cool - I'd hate to have to hide it.

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Closed Thread