Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old Oct 13 2017, 05:45 PM

Default Big Shortages

Glad the team is going to look at the big shortages.

I have played Farm Town on and off, more on than off since July 14, 2009.

I like what you have done with the game especially the tools, all the Plow/Plant/Harvest Tool has made a vast improvement in dealing with these tasks. The complementary ones to make working other people’s farms are excellent also. We have come a long ways since the 1 and 2 field tools. Also the automation of the loading and unloading of the facilities was a great improvement. The introduction of the trains and how they help to automate the working of friend’s facilities by using the mayor to work them, really advanced the game.

By the way, with any acute shortage of any of the feed products or ingredients, I have put 33 of these factories or tools in service and still can’t keep up. It hasn’t mattered whether it was bought by coins or FC, we put as many of them in service as we could. We also put as many trains and ships in the system and have them feeding products into the system. There are all sorts of approaches that could be taken. More trains on farms. Take out the restriction of the number of trains on an account, increase the products in each car, introduce super cars or reduce the time it takes to turn them around, 2x the boosts to 24 from 12. Trains are very popular for both the owner and the people boosting (accelerating them) them. When they come in and are unloaded, they provide a big boost to the goods available to be loaded into the facilities.

Of course there is another solution to some of these problems and that would be to double the production while using the same raw materials.

If we ever introduce the Super Facility, we should increase the production of course and the reduced use of raw materials as you did in the Stone Mill and Red Mill Example.
Red Mill – to make 5 Flour it takes 10 Wheat in 30 minutes
Stone Mill – to make 15 Flour it takes 10 Wheat in 30 minutes
That is quite an advantage, tripling the production, using the same amount of raw materials to get the increases needed.

For instance: The production of Air Filter Masks takes 1 Paper Roll and 1 Rubber Tree to produce 100 Air Filter masks. If we went to 200 masks, we could use ½ the raw materials for the same amount of products. This could be one of the features of the Super Facilities that are bought with FC. We could also increase right away the production with fewer raw materials to improve the immediate situation. Then introduce the Super Facility with the improved production amounts with the use of fewer raw materials. The 7th Dan degree is another help to this problem.

These are just a list of musings and a wish list on what we need and how we might be able to fix them..

So here is a list of acute shortages:

1 .What we need now is increased production of lumber piles from the Sawmills. One way would be to reduce production time from 2 hrs to 1.

The other thing you could do with all of these shortages is introduce a Super Sawmill that could be bought with FC like the Stone Windmill (FC) and Red Windmill (Coin) for flour production. We should be able to have the have both kinds on a farm if we choose, just like we do with the Windmills. It would be advantageous to have the items linked also. In the Windmills, if we turn of the Flour Production off in the Red Windmill, it turns it off in the Stone Windmill also. This is a great feature that should be copied.

2. We need an increase of all the metal sheet production by doubling all 5 in the Metal Mill. I f we get too much of the brass and carbon steel sheets we can turn them off.

Same as in item 1, make a Super Metal Mill, bought with FC, with 3x the production of metal sheets. We should be able to have the have both kinds on a farm if we choose, just like we do with the Wind Mills.

3. We need an increase in the containers produced in the Fish Farming Plant 50 %. That would give us more opportunity to expand our restaurants to feed into the new market for those products.

4. We need an increase in the production of Honey in the Bee Farm by 50 %. I have 33 Bee farms and still can’t supply all of my honey needs.

5. We need an increase in the ink production by 100 % (meaning double it) in the Ink & Pigment Factory. Again I have 33 factories and try everything but am woefully short all the time.

Same as in item 1, make a Super Ink & Pigment Factory, bought with FC, with 3x the production of ink. We should be able to have the have both kinds on a farm if we choose, just like we do with the Wind Mills.

6. We need an increase in production of Silver & Gold Nuggets in the Mineral Mine by 50 % now.

The other fix would be same exactly as Item 1.

7. We need an increase in production of Talc & Marble Rock and Baking Soda by 100 % in the Open-Pit Mine.

8. We need an increase in the production of bread in the Bakery. An 100% increase would be much appreciated.

9. We need an increase in the Strawberry-Choco Bar in the Ice Cream Factory by 50 %.

10. We need an increase in the production of Cheese in the Dairy Processing Plant by 100%. I have 33 plants and still can’t keep up.

11. We need an increase in Paper Roll & Cardstock production in the Paper Mill by 100 %. Again I have 33 Paper Mills and can’t keep up.

12. We need to increase all 8 of the rolls by 50 % in the Textile and Spinning Mill.

13. We need to increase the production of the Sugar Refinery and it would help if we improved the output and with just a little more of the raw materials used to create the increase in production. One suggestion would be to double the production and reduce the raw product used. Right now it takes 10 Sugarcane to make 15 Sugar in 2 Hrs. We could produce 40 Sugar using 20 Sugarcane in 2 Hrs, or 10 Sugarcane to make 20 Sugar in 1 Hr.

Hopefully these suggestions will help you decide how to fix our shortages

Dale Offord

https://apps.slashkey.com/farmtown/p...9607&farm_ix=0
Old Oct 13 2017, 05:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Just a reminder: If you have suggestions for improving the game or for what shortages need to be addressed please post them in the Suggestions section where they are grouped by subject for the developers to see to determine what suggestions they want to implement.
You can not start a new thread there, but you can reply to one that fits your suggestions.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 14 2017, 11:17 AM
Account Not Linked

strictly speaking, this applies to the last update and not this one but i think the devs have been just a trifle busy in the past few weeks

i like how the outlines go on/off when toggling graphics except when i am making a tree or flower farm. i'm wondering if you could put just enough of a tint where an item is to be able to tell the difference from an empty spot.

i used to turn them off/on a few times and then i could see where trees were missing but now you can't tell as empty spaces with 4 neighbors appear the same as filled ones.

after my bought 26x26 for farm 17 and since the oak were now 1x1, i tried to fill in the gaps on farm 17 and my eyes bled profusely trying to find the holes. i'm sure i still didn't find them all. i'm getting to 26 with my shake and flower farms and want to redo them but can't even imagine stressing my eyes out like that again

thx for your consideration
Old Oct 15 2017, 03:01 AM

Eradani, when I wanted to add oak trees after they became 1x, I put all of the existing oak trees into storage and then replanted them and then added the extras. Much easier than trying to fill in the gaps. It's much easier on the eyes too.
Old Oct 15 2017, 08:51 AM

unable to load farmtown
error message is as follows
Error saving data, Error Xlink.

It doesn't reload when you clickon the red or green button as instructed
Old Oct 15 2017, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermouse View Post
unable to load farmtown

Yep. Mine did that. Now I'm getting this error:

"The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable.
Please try again later."

Maybe the new quest thingy is being uploaded???????

Farmer Squeak

Farmer Susan has been happily farming since July 27, 2009.
  • Little Country Village
  • Country Vet[/url]
  • ♫ By the Sea ♫
  • Log Jam
  • Farmer's Market
  • Winter Wonderland
  • ♫ Oh Give Me a Home . . .
  • Island Paradise
  • 101 Apple Orchard Way
  • Splendor 'n' Spooks
  • ♪ She'll be . . . ♫
Old Oct 15 2017, 09:00 AM
Account Not Linked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Stallard View Post
Eradani, when I wanted to add oak trees after they became 1x, I put all of the existing oak trees into storage and then replanted them and then added the extras. Much easier than trying to fill in the gaps. It's much easier on the eyes too.
that would work if i had blocks of the same tree. i make my tree farms packed full but with the trees randomized all over the place
Old Oct 15 2017, 10:00 AM

Thumbs down Game is Dead

Seems there is an issue with Slashkey Servers been down for a while come on lets get this game running or is it corrupt due to the Chains manager?
Old Oct 15 2017, 10:02 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

why isnt the game not loading, this is gettin past old
Old Oct 15 2017, 10:05 AM
Getting Started ( Level 1 )

Farmer Since: Mar 27 2009
Level:
Trophies: 0
XP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermouse View Post
unable to load farmtown

Im having the same problem... can't get in to harvest and have planted 8 hr crop, need to get there... I'm sure they are working on the link the farms thing and its messing everything up.. just my thinking..
Closed Thread