Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Oct 20 2015, 08:49 PM

Red face Minimal Improvements

I know the dev's are working hard to improve the game, but it seems so far all we are getting is bandaids to ask for a few more seconds of time savings for us. Seconds are not the problem. It is the minutes that it takes just to go from one farm to another. I actually have a couple of farms I do as a neighbor and can literally put on a pot of coffee while waiting to go from their #2 to #3. I wish we could focus on that, then we all wouldn't look for the 1 second difference in changing tools. I know it is not your fault dev's, I still hold Adobe as the culprit. Keep chugging, hope you win the war soon.

Old Oct 20 2015, 08:51 PM

I went to my farms, because I have some things to harvest today (no problems yesterday) and as I am trying to harvest, Trees/Buildings/Facilities/Flowers all keep popping up on the screen even though I have them hidden. Not really a big deal, just a bit annoying as I shouldn't really be seeing them if they are all turned off in my preferences.
Old Oct 20 2015, 08:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS0643 View Post
My trains are on farm 25 and the 2 that are dispatched I can not click on them. They will not highlight for me and clicking over them does nothing. I tried moving the tracks out of the way as that was what was highlighted no change. The train that is not dispatched I can click on no problem.
Hi JAS,
Please try clearing your memcache (link below), then when the page of unsetting text opens close it and your farm, then clear your browser cache and close your browser. Reopen and try again.
https://apps.facebook.com/farmtown/p...lear_memcached

There have been several who have reported this and as soon as they go back to their farms it is working.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 20 2015, 08:58 PM

Re...updates as 8:25 tonight. Much faster harvesting and planting. I haven't done any trees yet.

I do want to mention when I was planting....when I would move the farm (sometimes) it was like the plowed/seeded land disappeared and you could see the green under the pending lines of the planted seeds. It disappeared when the seeds planted. It went away to fast to get a screen shot of it.

Thanks for working so hard on this Raul. Don't listen to the people complaining. The majority of us are waiting patiently for the total fix!!!!
Old Oct 20 2015, 08:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vastfanatic View Post
I went to my farms, because I have some things to harvest today (no problems yesterday) and as I am trying to harvest, Trees/Buildings/Facilities/Flowers all keep popping up on the screen even though I have them hidden. Not really a big deal, just a bit annoying as I shouldn't really be seeing them if they are all turned off in my preferences.
Hi vastfanatic,
They just released a fix for the Flash caused problems. Try restarting your farms and I am sure it will be back to normal.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Oct 20 2015, 09:13 PM

FT seems to be even slower than it was yesterday. It takes mins for each farm to load. I do so wish that they would post times in GMT so that we know really when something happens and we can work out our local times from GMT. 8:25 as a time means absolutely nothing.
Old Oct 20 2015, 09:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneycs View Post
FT seems to be even slower than it was yesterday. It takes mins for each farm to load. I do so wish that they would post times in GMT so that we know really when something happens and we can work out our local times from GMT. 8:25 as a time means absolutely nothing.
Hi Rodneycs,
As Slashkey's offices are in Florida then that would be 8:25 EDT which is 5 hours behind GMT. So this release was roughly 2 hours ago.
Old Oct 20 2015, 09:37 PM

Default Mins Taking to load Farms

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
I know the dev's are working hard to improve the game, but it seems so far all we are getting is bandaids to ask for a few more seconds of time savings for us. Seconds are not the problem. It is the minutes that it takes just to go from one farm to another. I actually have a couple of farms I do as a neighbor and can literally put on a pot of coffee while waiting to go from their #2 to #3. I wish we could focus on that, then we all wouldn't look for the 1 second difference in changing tools. I know it is not your fault dev's, I still hold Adobe as the culprit. Keep chugging, hope you win the war soon.

This is the problem which is bugging so many of us. It has got even slower today than it was yesterday. Have chatted with many of my neighbours and many have just stopped because of the time to load a farm making refilling facilities extremely slow. Pages ie farms are only partially loading both on IE and Chrome.
Old Oct 20 2015, 09:39 PM

Default I had thought Raul & Co were in California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
Hi Rodneycs,
As Slashkey's offices are in Florida then that would be 8:25 EDT which is 5 hours behind GMT. So this release was roughly 2 hours ago.
Thanks Taz. I had always thought Raul & co were in California
Old Oct 20 2015, 09:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneycs View Post
This is the problem which is bugging so many of us. It has got even slower today than it was yesterday. Have chatted with many of my neighbours and many have just stopped because of the time to load a farm making refilling facilities extremely slow. Pages ie farms are only partially loading both on IE and Chrome.
Hi Rodneycs,
Why are you going from farm to farm to refill your facilities instead of using the Facility Manager to do those all from one farm? You will find that tool in the far left column of the toolbox the middle tool that looks like a facility building.
Closed Thread