Go Back   Farm Town > Help & Support > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old Jul 09 2014, 10:45 AM
Account Not Linked

Hi Rob T Taz D
The largest amount of product I have stored is 15260091 Iron Ore, the largest crop is 1404395 wheat. As my FT goal is to be able to restock my facilities to 100% immediately after posting them I do hoard, but I also regularly sell off anything over a 2 year supply.
Have done, or tried to do, everything in your help section, though a couple of the links seem to be for Forum Admins only. Also the clear memcache link that used to be sticky "I can't work my neighbours facilities" has disappeared. I can't remember what the reason for that is.
Have disabled pepperflash too as someone somewhere said that could help, but have to remember to re-enable it to play my favourite Z-word game. Should I be having doing that?
Mozilla loads the game more slowly than Chrome, but connects to server quicker.
Until this last week I've been playing relatively problem-free with macro global storage at 100, having forgotten that it needed to be raised manually after re-installing flash, so don't think that's the problem either.
My CPU meter tells me I have loads of free RAM and ROM memory and have tried with having only FT working/loads of stuff going on, only me using the broadband/everyone downloading stuff. Nothing seems to have any effect on the time it takes to connect to server once the game is loaded.
Working my neighbours facilities is my favourite part of the game, after quests, so am finding it very frustrating to be waiting 4 or 5 minutes to connect to server. I don't mind quite so much waiting for my own farm to connect, but obviously would prefer it to be almost instantaneous as it was until the beginning of this month. I took a long break from FT years ago when my farms wouldn't load at all, but am not yet at that level of frustration.
The restroom is still buggy (is that the same for everyone?). Have to unhide buildings and click on it manually before the mayor starts doing his business - pun intended.
There has been a recent change to how Chrome loads - window opening up "gracefully", but that didn't co-incide with the connect to server at a snail on lithium's pace issue. FB has changed the look of it's App/Gift page too. I have a backlog of gifts pending, but that's not unusual as I normally only do them once or twice a month, and am going to spend the rest of today clearing the backlog.
What am I missing? It must be something obvious.
Thanks in advance
Old Jul 09 2014, 02:06 PM

My most amount is 76 Million hooks and my game works relatively ok, slow loading farms but has been this way for ever. Thank You と Happy Farming™ シ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
You're pretty much fine with those amounts we just want to make sure about anyone with excessive amounts

Last edited by JW2009; Jul 09 2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old Jul 09 2014, 03:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

i got 4 million tons of hog **** and there isnt a market to sell it to, why cant we sell the surpluss to the nursery?
Old Jul 10 2014, 12:37 AM

When I use the "start all" option for all factories, restaurants etc. have just noticed that they do not fill to capacity. If I go to each individual one (which would take me forever) most have a lot more room. Is this a problem for others? Still moving up and I suppose I am using less stock but what is going on? Is it some sort of delay?
Old Jul 10 2014, 12:58 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to beverduster

mine isnt filling all the way either ms snookie sue, been going on for a while
Old Jul 10 2014, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookie Sue View Post
When I use the "start all" option for all factories, restaurants etc. have just noticed that they do not fill to capacity. If I go to each individual one (which would take me forever) most have a lot more room. Is this a problem for others? Still moving up and I suppose I am using less stock but what is going on? Is it some sort of delay?
I get this sometimes too - only one or two facilities and often the Fancy Food Show Service dont fill to 100% but I can fill them manually. The FF show often doesnt fill the Caramel Food Colour.

And please a plea to the Devs. Since the new Facility that makes items for the Public Restrooms I cant get enough Kaolin Clay Rock. Please please increase the production in the mines. I now have 7 Open Pit mines and still not enough!

***** Farm Town Addict since October 2009 *****
Old Jul 10 2014, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post
I get this sometimes too - only one or two facilities and often the Fancy Food Show Service dont fill to 100% but I can fill them manually. The FF show often doesnt fill the Caramel Food Colour.

And please a plea to the Devs. Since the new Facility that makes items for the Public Restrooms I cant get enough Kaolin Clay Rock. Please please increase the production in the mines. I now have 7 Open Pit mines and still not enough!
I've not had problems like the ones you report with the button not filling everything, but the addition of the restroom facilities has led to some problems here and there for some farmers. If you report your server number it may help in tracking down the trouble.

As for the mines, I suggest placing one of each kind on every farm you have. Also not posting for help each and every day helps as well since the mines depend on the passage of time to produce their materials. I generally do not post my factories if the Diversification Rank falls below 52,000 or if the calendar reads Wednesday or Saturday. And I have 23 mines of each type (so far!) that I fill every morning whether I plan to post a request for help with my factories or not.

Friends don't let friends boot from hard drives! A real friend would recommend an SSD. Or better yet NVME.
Old Jul 10 2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qivis View Post
I've not had problems like the ones you report with the button not filling everything, but the addition of the restroom facilities has led to some problems here and there for some farmers. If you report your server number it may help in tracking down the trouble.

As for the mines, I suggest placing one of each kind on every farm you have. Also not posting for help each and every day helps as well since the mines depend on the passage of time to produce their materials. I generally do not post my factories if the Diversification Rank falls below 52,000 or if the calendar reads Wednesday or Saturday. And I have 23 mines of each type (so far!) that I fill every morning whether I plan to post a request for help with my factories or not.
Thanks Qvis - my server number is WF38 - the auto filling of Facs only misses one or two now and again - it doesnt happen that often - which makes it harder to track down the glitch I suppose.

I only fill my FAcs about once a week and still run out of Kaolin I post for help once or twice and then let the Facs run to empty before I fill them. I really dont want to have more mines as they use the precious Farm coins I am trying to gather for expansions. The Kaolin doesnt seem to have such a big a quantity as the other stuff and the new restroom facs really drain it!

Old Jul 10 2014, 09:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snookie Sue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by beverduster View Post
mine isnt filling all the way either ms snookie sue, been going on for a while
Quote:
Originally Posted by maggiel29 View Post

First thing is to go into those that are not filling and make sure you have a check on all the items you want to produce in those facilities.
I also have seen this but only occasionally. When they don't fill completely I click play to restart my farms and then do the start all again and it will finish filling.
Please come visit me on my farms (underlined link above) and if you see me say hi! I do ask that you not send me in-game messages for any problems other than forum login issues, as I can only help with those from my farm.
Post your problem or question here in the forums and we will gladly help you to solve it as quickly as we can.
Old Jul 10 2014, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz D View Post
First thing is to go into those that are not filling and make sure you have a check on all the items you want to produce in those facilities.
I also have seen this but only occasionally. When they don't fill completely I click play to restart my farms and then do the start all again and it will finish filling.
Yes Taz thats what I do - I do have check marks against all of them. The Caramel Food colour in the Fancy Food show is weird - it said I needed more to load completely but I had tons. When I clicked play again it finished filling up. That was 2 days ago last time I filled everything. The time before (just before the new levels were added) it worked fine but it has been doing that on and off for a while.

Generally though I have to say this has been the most trouble free update ever - I dont know if thats due to the staggered release or not.

And I also must say I love the changes to the Farm Stats

Closed Thread